• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

4/24 OOT Playoff Gameday

Rate this topic

If the net goes off its moorings immediately before the goal, and if that had no effect on whether or not the puck would have gone in, then there's no reason for it to not be called a goal.

That's the way I see it too. But then that becomes a judgment call in itself, so... *shrug*

If the net goes off its moorings immediately before the goal, and if that had no effect on whether or not the puck would have gone in, then there's no reason for it to not be called a goal.

What I said is an example of a 'facetious but pretty much true' statement. In any event, that should have been a penalty shot for the Sens in case of a no-goal.

Interesting rule. I would rather have the play blown dead when the net comes up instead of relying on Toronto to decide if goals should count or not if the puck goes over the line when the net comes off. Thats just my preference. It would be cool if your team got a goal from that rule, but if your team got scored on, there would be widespread riots.

Penalty shot? Please. He didn't have enough of a lead on the closest defender. A 2 minute penalty was correct.

Nice Ottawa nice!

It's funny, were I live (outside Toronto) I'm always the one here cheering for the American team while everyone else is going Canadian. This time around everyone here is going American (Pittsburgh) and while I'm cheering Canadian (Ottawa)... :lol: Leaf fans.

Edited by Barrie

I prefer that if something were going to be a clear goal, that the net moving slightly at the time the puck went across shouldn't matter.

Moving slightly or off the moorings? The net can move, but the pegs have to be in. Its a clear cut rule. Why don't you just say that the net can be off the moorings and the puck can go in and count. I certainly don't want Toronto deciding goals on "I think that was going in" while the net was off. I prefer the cut and dry rule in the book.

Come on guys.

The goal will stand if the net is still on the pegs but lifted.

If the net comes OFF before the puck goes in then it is a no goal. Makes sense because the referee is supposed to blow the whistle for the net coming off, and since it was the first thing to happen the play stops there.

Easy call, surprised it took so long.

The actual rule is that the net has to come off accidentally, not as a result of an offensive player being pushed into it :P

Moving slightly or off the moorings? The net can move, but the pegs have to be in. Its a clear cut rule. Why don't you just say that the net can be off the moorings and the puck can go in and count. I certainly don't want Toronto deciding goals on "I think that was going in" while the net was off. I prefer the cut and dry rule in the book.

I agree that leaving something up to the judgement of Toronto is just asking for trouble. Just seems wrong that something that would clearly be a goal should be waived off on a technicality.

I agree that leaving something up to the judgement of Toronto is just asking for trouble. Just seems wrong that something that would clearly be a goal should be waived off on a technicality.

Sorry, I have to disagree. Keep the rule the way it is. Otherwise, what happens is that Toronto or the refs will keep the play going when the net comes off and call goals when they "look good". Guess we can agree to disagree.

Hawks got so lucky today, so lucky! Preds deserved to win!

Preds deserved to win, but they blew it. Chicago will win the series now.

Penalty shot? Please. He didn't have enough of a lead on the closest defender. A 2 minute penalty was correct.

Please show me where "enough of a lead" is a variable in the rule determining a penalty shot...
A penalty shot is designed to restore a scoring opportunity which was lost as a result of a foul being committed by the offending team
I don't know... looks like he had an opportunity to score. :rolleyes: The only reason it may not have been a penalty shot was because he had other defending ahead of him. Edited by Nero

Preds deserved to win, but they blew it. Chicago will win the series now.

As exciting as the first round has been, for interests sake in the next round, I think it would be best if Detroit, Chicago, SJ, and Vancouver advance to the 2nd round in the West.

As exciting as the first round has been, for interests sake in the next round, I think it would be best if Detroit, Chicago, SJ, and Vancouver advance to the 2nd round in the West.

But....why not Phoenix? It's suuuuuuch a great story after all.

Sens standing around way too much. Looks like a PP for the Pens.

Another thing to love about a hockey forum; the only place you can say, "Looks like a PP.." and not get strange looks.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

Please show me where "enough of a lead" is a variable in the rule determining a penalty shot...

I don't know... looks like he had an opportunity to score. :rolleyes: The only reason it may not have been a penalty shot was because he had other defending ahead of him.

A penalty shot is awarded to a player who is deemed to have lost a clear scoring chance on a breakaway by way of a penalty infraction by an opposing player. A breakaway, in this case, means that there are no other players between the would-be shooter and the goaltender of the defending team.

There was no clear scoring chance. Awarding a penalty shot on that would be laughable. If you could see through your bias, you may understand that.

Ottawa needs to strike back quickly. Fight for their lives. Force that Game 7.

That thing broke pretty easy. I think it was fractured previously.

Yeah, after I saw the replay, there must have been something already going with that stick. Unfortunate.

Ottawa should find a way to win this game. Their backs are against the wall. If the Pens pull this out, then the Sens will have no one to blame but themselves. Same with the Predators pissing away that game earlier today.