• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

Have you noticed that every underdog in the Westhas taken a 2-1 lead in the series, only for the series to be turned around to be 3-2?

With the exception of the Van-La series, where Vancouver won first, each series played out like this:

Game 1: Underdog
Game 2: "better" team
Game 3: Underdog
Game 4: "better" team
Game 5: "better" team

Pretty strange I'd say.

#2 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

shut up, there is no conspiracy
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#3 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

I don't really think there is any "better team" or "underdog" in the west. All of the teams are pretty equal and more than capable of taking out another team in any given game. That is why the standings for the playoffs were so close. That's why all the series have gone back and forth.
I find nothing strange about that.

#4 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

I don't really think there is any "better team" or "underdog" in the west. All of the teams are pretty equal and more than capable of taking out another team in any given game. That is why the standings for the playoffs were so close. That's why all the series have gone back and forth.
I find nothing strange about that.

I see what the original poster is saying, but I also agree with this statement. The West is right on par with each other. I see no significant differences between any of the teams, really, except for maybe Detroit having better goaltending than the other teams in the West. Maybe Nashville, too.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#5 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:31 PM

shut up, there is no conspiracy

It's a fact the NHL wants these series to last as long as possible.

#6 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

My point isn't that there is a conspiracy, or that one team is clearly worse than the other.

Its that all four series follow almost exact same pattern when it comes to who wins what games, which I just find a little strange.

#7 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

My point isn't that there is a conspiracy, or that one team is clearly worse than the other.

Its that all four series follow almost exact same pattern when it comes to who wins what games, which I just find a little strange.

I was noticing that coincidence too. What's strange also is that in the East, all of the series started with one team winning Game 1, followed by the opposite team winning the next three, bringing each series to 3-1, and finally the first team winning Game 5 to bring each to 3-2 with the exception of the Philly series. Again, it's not a conspiracy theory, just a notation on the unusual pattern each series has mirrored.

Edited by Miss Wing Queen, 24 April 2010 - 09:51 PM.

#8 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

I see what the original poster is saying, but I also agree with this statement. The West is right on par with each other. I see no significant differences between any of the teams, really, except for maybe Detroit having better goaltending than the other teams in the West. Maybe Nashville, too.

Anderson says hello

I think it's a coincidence, most bottomw seeds seemed to have come down to earth; consider most of these bottom playoff teams and Yotes have not been to the playoffs before

I was noticing that coincidence too. What's strange also is that in the East, all of the series started with one team winning Game 1, followed by the opposite team winning the next three, bringing each series to 3-1, and finally the first team winning Game 5 to bring each to 3-2 with the exception of the Philly series. Again, it's not a conspiracy theory, just a notation on the unusual pattern each series has mirrored.

I find it strange that in the east some ahl teams managed to make the playoffs
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#9 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

I find it strange that in the east some ahl teams managed to make the playoffs

You ain't lying, oh to play in the east.

#10 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

This is true except that the Wings are technically the underdog in this series. I know it's weird.

#11 moefolds

moefolds

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

Kinda weird this year that all the East series went to 3-1 and all the west series went to 2-2. I just noticed that.