• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
2guns

Suspend Hossa?

Rate this topic

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nice and simple, should Hossa get a suspension for that hit on Dan Hamhuis?

Pick an option and if you feel up to it, discuss it.

Edited by 2guns

I tried to reason with myself as to why he shouldn't get suspended, but I keep coming up with only reasons why he should.

I don't hate Hossa like most Wings fans, but in my eyes, it was a nasty hit worthy of punishment.

Let's be honest here too, if he had hit one of our players like that, I think we can all agree the majority would be screaming for suspension.

I agree that I don't think he was actually trying to cause injury.

Thanks for that.

Like people have said, He should probably be suspended for consistency. However Hossa isn't usually involved in these situations so it wouldn't surprise me if he got off. Ovy had already been suspended once earlier in the season. Was a bit of a stupid play on Hossa's part, whilst I'm sure he didn't mean for that aftermath, you just shouldn't force momentum on someone who is already moving that fast towards the boards.

i also say yes for consistency. but when have NHL and consistency ever collided in a sentence without the use of the words "dubious lack of" in there??

he won't be, and it'll be par for the effed up course.

he did look pretty shocked by it as he sat down in the box. coach q, on the other hand, should be punched in the face for frivolously waving it off in that "i can't believe this was a penalty" way of his.

(okay, coach q should just be punched in the face. repeatedly. list your reasons)

Edited by deetroit dario

I'm voting yes for consistency. To be honest, he'll only show up in Game 5..so they won't miss him for game 1 of the next series. He was a Game 4 guy last year, moving one back to Game 5 this year.

Absolutely not. The difference between this and Ovechkins is that Ovie actually put his shoulder on Campbell. Hossa hardly touched him. If you have to give him anything give him just the 5 but I think that is even a little steep.

5 max maybe because it is a dangerous part of the ice but still to me seems a little much.

Edited by zettie85

Guest Crymson

By god, he'd better get a f@#$ing suspension. He laid down the EXACT SAME HIT AS OVECHKIN LAID DOWN ON CAMPBELL... and he did it while Campbell was on the ice, haha.

If he doesn't get a major suspension, then the NHL has made yet another joke of its own disciplinary system.

Edited by Crymson

I dislike Hossa as much as the next guy but he barely touched him. I'm surprised he got 5 minutes for that...

This.

I don't understand how some of you are comparing this to the Ovie hit unless I'm not watching the same two videos right now. Hossa barely got a glove on him and Hamhuis went down like a ton of bricks. Ovechkin literally jutted both arms out on Campbell and it resulted in broken bones I believe. Hamhuis just shook it off and skated to the bench. Just looking at the replay you plainly see Hossa stick his arm out...not even a pushing motion. I don't even fully understand how Hamhuis went down so easily unless he was trying to turn and lost an edge.

I don't hate Hossa like most Wings fans, but in my eyes, it was a nasty hit worthy of punishment.

How can you not hate him? If he even played to 50% of his ability the Wings would of won the Cup last season, GUARANTEED. Hossa has the most blame for under performing last play-offs. Now you want him to win a Cup with a new team? If you hate Chicago, you need to hate Hossa. Hossa doesn't deserve a cup. He's a cup chaser, who doesn't want to put in the work, the time, the effort. He didn't last season, why would it be so great if he won it now? f*** Marian Hossa.

i will say one game. it was not as bad as the ovie on campbell but he did shove him and dude lost it going into the boards. i would think the nhl would want to avoid injuries attributed to this type of play but i could see them not tossin out the hoss for a game...but i say yes..for a game.