• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

Red Wings Nike Jersey Questions

Rate this topic

I was wondering if any of you can help me regarding the Nike jerseys the Wings wore in 97 and 98 (there may have been more years, not positive though).

Does anyone know how they are size-wise in comparison to a CCM or Reebok? I've found a 48 that I'd love to buy if it'll fit me, but I've never tried a Nike one on, so I have no idea if it will.

Thanks!

They're pretty big. I've got an Yzerman Nike XL (why I ever bought an XL, I don't know) and it's definitely even bigger than an XL. Not outrageously bigger, but I gave the jersey to my XL-wearing father and it's large on him, too.

I mean, look at how big it is on Stevie. The shoulder stitching is where a t-shirt sleeve would end, haha.

yzerman_10_640.jpg

Seems the authentics are a bit bigger ,but not by much than the old CCM. Replica are pretty similiar to the CCM. I have a few of both the Nike's and CCMs and if you fit a large CCM you will be fine in a Nike 48/large.

Seems the authentics are a bit bigger ,but not by much than the old CCM. Replica are pretty similiar to the CCM. I have a few of both the Nike's and CCMs and if you fit a large CCM you will be fine in a Nike 48/large.

A 48 is a Medium.

I will agree with this statement based on the idea that a 48 is in fact a medium. If you like the way a Large CCM fits then I'd give a Nike Medium a shot. Having said that, I love my jerseys to be a bit more fitted. I don't wear them over pads or anything and I prefer them not to be baggy.

edit: You can try using the measurements found here: http://www.clicshop.com/stores/hockeygalore/Files/jerseysizingchart.htm - I've never heard of the site, though. So proceed with caution, I guess? I'm sure it could give you a ballpark idea.

Edited by Travis

I was wondering if any of you can help me regarding the Nike jerseys the Wings wore in 97 and 98 (there may have been more years, not positive though).

Does anyone know how they are size-wise in comparison to a CCM or Reebok? I've found a 48 that I'd love to buy if it'll fit me, but I've never tried a Nike one on, so I have no idea if it will.

Thanks!

Was that the jersey on Ebay... the size 48 Nike Konstantinov??? If so I hate you... I saw it this morning and I was going to put in an offer after work, and I just got home to find it gone lol.... IF that was you that made the purchase.... congratulations on a great purchase... If it wasnt you.. then i will still be bitter I didnt get to it in time... lol

crash

Just bought it! I'll take pics when it arrives!

It's a 1997 Nike Authentic home white Vladdy jersey!

I can add it to my Franzen home red RBK and Yzerman 1992 75th anni jerseys!

It was you... I knew it... man.... I should haven't hesitated... guess its my loss and your gain.... lol

You were watchin it too? Yea, I decided I couldn't hesitate as authentic Nikes (especially ones done exactly as I'd like) don't go up for sale very often. Got it for $200, down from the $225 the seller originally wanted too!

Gonna send it to SportsK for the 97 Cup Patch when I get it!