• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 6 GDT: Coyotes 5 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Couple notes for the period

* The Score is not reflective on our play at all, this game could very easily be 4-1 the other way or vice versa. They are just getting the bounces, so I'm still hopefull we can pull out a comeback. If the Pen snad Caps can do it we can to.

*After his awesome first period I havent really noticed Filppula in the 2nd, anyone got his TOI? It just sseems like I didnt see him really at all, whichw as strange as he was the best player on either side in the 1st.

*Im worried about Howard's confidence, he really couldn't do much on the last 3, but I think he's shaken nonetheless.

1. My first thought was that if s***sburgh can do it, we can.

2. Correct. Where the f*** is Flip?!?!?

3. See Bab's face after that last goal? He's worried too. We got Rusty Osgood waiting in the wings.

Booing is so stupid. If you hate the way the team played, you stay silent. Silence is the worst. It means the fans can't even bother letting you know how pissed off they are, that's how pissed off they are.

Silence is what we get in the regular season with all those empty seats.

Now is the time to boo.

Well. That was abysmal. Despite outplaying the Dogs, we're down 3 goals. Nothing seems to want to go in for the Wings. I've seen this f'ing story so many times the last 16 years, it's nauseating. Unless there is a HUGE shift and the Dogs melt down, it looks like it's yet another Game 7 for us on Tuesday. Meanwhile, everyone else will have played at least one less game, no doubt. ARGH. This is so damn aggravating. C'mon, boys. If those steaming piles of fetid ass out in Pittspuke can come back and win, so can we. No more stupid penalties. Capitalize on your chances. Never say die. LETS GO WINGS!

You guys do realise there is another period and we aren't really getting that badly outplayed right? Do I think we'll win this one, well no I don't but the score isn't reflective, and we still got game 7. Have faith Homies

Score isn't reflective, but it's all that matters at the end of the day. I'd take a higher number on the scoreboard than a higher number anywhere else.

Booing is so stupid. If you hate the way the team played, you stay silent. Silence is the worst. It means the fans can't even bother letting you know how pissed off they are, that's how pissed off they are.

Agreed. Booing is really pathetic, I don't care what the score is, I'd never boo my own side.

People forget there is a Game 7. We lose that one, then people can go mental. Yeah we'll lose this stupid game today, but there IS another oppertunity.

Seriously? You need to get out.

The guy is still better then the majority of the D men in the NHL, and the one year that he doesn't produce the same way he has the past, you're ready to run the guy out of town?!? After the amazing career Lids has had in Detroit, all the success he's helped bring to this organization. How can you call yourself a fan? Sometimes I wonder how you're still aloud to be on these boards.

He had 50+ points

The OP is a retard. Anyone who says Lidstrom is Bad...probably just started watching hockey this year, or was born with mental retardation.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I don't think they blew the game right there, but otherwise I agree, you absolutely have to score on 5 on 3's in the playoffs.

While I agree that we should have scored, it was moreso Brzygalov and some unlucky bounces rather than a lack of effort.

Kronwall is disgusting out there. The D looks loss, but still not giving up on this team just yet. I can see a comeback still to come.

If we do comeback, it'll just be a letdown.

We'll probably score 2 goals, and then hit the post like three times in the last minute with the goalie pulled. Or better yet, we'd take the game to OT, and lose on some fluke goal after outshooting Phoenix 16-2 in the OT period.

I just hope we play better in game 7 than we did last year against the Pens.

Everytime Kronwall touches the puck I'm just waiting for the turnover. When he's out there with Ericsson, I'm just waiting for the collapse. Along with Stuart apparently forgetting to take his meds today, it's just a disaster waiting to happen and it has.

Not too mention the pure luckbox goal that went in for the Bettmans. God I hate the playoffs.

1. My first thought was that if s***sburgh can do it, we can.

2. Correct. Where the f*** is Flip?!?!?

3. See Bab's face after that last goal? He's worried too. We got Rusty Osgood waiting in the wings.

Yeah, let's single out Flip when he's been a force all series.

We shouldn't bag Bertuzzi or Cleary who haven't combined for a single freaking goal...

:rolleyes:

Holy f*** Stuart, could you play any worse?

Yes he could. In my opinion, the only reason we lost the cup last year was because of him and his turnovers in games 6 + 7. And here he is, doing it again.

First goal was because he couldnt shuffle the puck up the boards and instead turned it over. Their 4th goal was because he dicked around holding onto the puck too long after the faceoff and not passing it or clearing it fast enough, which caused PHO to hold it in the zone in the first place. THEN he turns it over again and gives them another gem of an opportunity to get another goal...

BENCH STUART NOW ! !

Agreed. Booing is really pathetic, I don't care what the score is, I'd never boo my own side.

People forget there is a Game 7. We lose that one, then people can go mental. Yeah we'll lose this stupid game today, but there IS another oppertunity.

Yeah and AFTER the Wings lost game 6 in the SCF there was another opportunity and we all know how that ended... <_<

Wings had the 8th lowest goals against in the league this season. The defense last year was bad because they were relying on offense. This year it's been pretty good overall.

you can add also that 1st half of the season they were due to known reasons very poor on D, yet they finised strong in D related statistics.

series is not over yet, and there is still time for maya prophecies so no reason to panick:)

Wings had the 8th lowest goals against in the league this season. The defense last year was bad because they were relying on offense. This year it's been pretty good overall.

This has nothing to do with Jimmy Howard standing on his head all season, including the playoffs?

Isnt he up for the Calder just for that reason?

Lets look at the facts objectively, our D has been bad and definatly not play off caliber for a few years. I love Lids and company, but they are not good right now. Its time to upgrade.

While I agree that we should have scored, it was moreso Brzygalov and some unlucky bounces rather than a lack of effort.

It was some unlucky bounces, but I also feel like the Wings should've had two guys planted just outside the crease the whole time. I think Homer was in his usual spot, but otherwise players kept sort of flying by the net, and the timing never worked out. They should've been outnumbering guys down low.