• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 6 GDT: Coyotes 5 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

How do you go from playing 2 excellent defensive games, to a defensive collapse when you have the chance to win the series at home? Now they get to go to Phx for a game 7. Hopefully they pull off a miracle here.

I usually try to remain pretty even-keeled about these things, but HOLY F*CK!

Can you name another team that this would happen to? Every conceivable advantage going into the game, and they just don't show up. Nothing. From anyone.

Granted I missed the first half of the game, so I came home to a 2-1 deficit - then a penalty and a PP goal - then a fluke ass goal - then a new period, and another penalty and a PP goal. That's what I've had the privilege of witnessing, all the while with no indication that the Wings could care less about what's happening.

I'm usually as optimistic as possible, but to me there is no doubt that game 7 is going to be a nail-biter, which really doesn't suit my nervous demeanor particularly well. Hopefully Jimmy bounces back (though from what I've seen he really hasn't been the problem) to shut the door like he always seems to. Oh. And hopefully the rest of our team decides to give a f***, too.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Can you name another team that this would happen to? Every conceivable advantage going into the game, and they just don't show up. Nothing. From anyone.

Granted I missed the first half of the game, so I came home to a 2-1 deficit - then a penalty and a PP goal - then a fluke ass goal - then a new period, and another penalty and a PP goal. That's what I've had the privilege of witnessing, all the while with no indication that the Wings could care less about what's happening.

I'm usually as optimistic as possible, but to me there is no doubt that game 7 is going to be a nail-biter, which really doesn't suit my nervous demeanor particularly well. Hopefully Jimmy bounces back (though from what I've seen he really hasn't been the problem) to shut the door like he always seems to. Oh. And hopefully the rest of our team decides to give a f***, too.

Maybe it was just my perception of it, but I really think up until the third goal everyone with the exception of Kronwall was playing well. This game didn't have a feel of a blowout until the 5th one.

I can name a team that does this.

Ottawa :)

This game has been really obnoxious. Just one of those games where pucks are flying in through screens and off people and in from everywhere. It was that stupid first period that did it; Detroit did everything and got nothing, and Phoenix did nothing and got everything.

I guess we should have seen it coming, the Wings always get their asses kicked during afternoon games.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

what was the penalty on the Yotes??

It wasen't a penalty, it was a felony. Apparently they collectively raped 23 men (meh I thought It was funny at the time)

This game has been really obnoxious. Just one of those games where pucks are flying in through screens and off people and in from everywhere. It was that stupid first period that did it; Detroit did everything and got nothing, and Phoenix did nothing and got everything.

I guess we should have seen it coming, the Wings always get their asses kicked during afternoon games.

Agreed. Wings don't capitalize on the 5 on 3, Yotes get some good bounces. The game turns.