997 replies to this topic

#601 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

Kronwall is disgusting out there. The D looks loss, but still not giving up on this team just yet. I can see a comeback still to come.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#602 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Couple notes for the period

* The Score is not reflective on our play at all, this game could very easily be 4-1 the other way or vice versa. They are just getting the bounces, so I'm still hopefull we can pull out a comeback. If the Pen snad Caps can do it we can to.

*After his awesome first period I havent really noticed Filppula in the 2nd, anyone got his TOI? It just sseems like I didnt see him really at all, whichw as strange as he was the best player on either side in the 1st.

*Im worried about Howard's confidence, he really couldn't do much on the last 3, but I think he's shaken nonetheless.

1. My first thought was that if s***sburgh can do it, we can.

2. Correct. Where the f*** is Flip?!?!?

3. See Bab's face after that last goal? He's worried too. We got Rusty Osgood waiting in the wings.

#603 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Start->New game-> Be a GM mode->New Be a GM->Fantasy Draft on.

Lets just start from scratch right, get rid of everyone :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favor. Never respond to him.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#604 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Booing is so stupid. If you hate the way the team played, you stay silent. Silence is the worst. It means the fans can't even bother letting you know how pissed off they are, that's how pissed off they are.

Silence is what we get in the regular season with all those empty seats.

Now is the time to boo.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#605 JoeK35

JoeK35

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 70 posts

If the Wings just threw the puck at the net, rather than trying to set up the highlight reel goal, I bet they'd get similar results that the Bettman Puppies are getting.

#606 SliderJeff

SliderJeff

LETS GO WINGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Well. That was abysmal. Despite outplaying the Dogs, we're down 3 goals. Nothing seems to want to go in for the Wings. I've seen this f'ing story so many times the last 16 years, it's nauseating. Unless there is a HUGE shift and the Dogs melt down, it looks like it's yet another Game 7 for us on Tuesday. Meanwhile, everyone else will have played at least one less game, no doubt. ARGH. This is so damn aggravating. C'mon, boys. If those steaming piles of fetid ass out in Pittspuke can come back and win, so can we. No more stupid penalties. Capitalize on your chances. Never say die. LETS GO WINGS!

#607 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

they did on the 5 on 3 and failed.

blew this game in the first 7 mins of the game. 5 on 3 in the playoffs is a must score

I don't think they blew the game right there, but otherwise I agree, you absolutely have to score on 5 on 3's in the playoffs.

#608 Nero

Nero

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

You guys do realise there is another period and we aren't really getting that badly outplayed right? Do I think we'll win this one, well no I don't but the score isn't reflective, and we still got game 7. Have faith Homies

Score isn't reflective, but it's all that matters at the end of the day. I'd take a higher number on the scoreboard than a higher number anywhere else.

#609 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

The worst part of this is its players like Schnieder and Lang that are killing us.

#610 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Booing is so stupid. If you hate the way the team played, you stay silent. Silence is the worst. It means the fans can't even bother letting you know how pissed off they are, that's how pissed off they are.

Agreed. Booing is really pathetic, I don't care what the score is, I'd never boo my own side.

People forget there is a Game 7. We lose that one, then people can go mental. Yeah we'll lose this stupid game today, but there IS another oppertunity.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#611 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Seriously? You need to get out.

The guy is still better then the majority of the D men in the NHL, and the one year that he doesn't produce the same way he has the past, you're ready to run the guy out of town?!? After the amazing career Lids has had in Detroit, all the success he's helped bring to this organization. How can you call yourself a fan? Sometimes I wonder how you're still aloud to be on these boards.

He had 50+ points

The OP is a retard. Anyone who says Lidstrom is Bad...probably just started watching hockey this year, or was born with mental retardation.

#612 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Do yourself a favor. Never respond to him.

Where's the fun in that :P

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#613 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

I don't think they blew the game right there, but otherwise I agree, you absolutely have to score on 5 on 3's in the playoffs.

While I agree that we should have scored, it was moreso Brzygalov and some unlucky bounces rather than a lack of effort.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#614 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

Kronwall is disgusting out there. The D looks loss, but still not giving up on this team just yet. I can see a comeback still to come.

If we do comeback, it'll just be a letdown.

We'll probably score 2 goals, and then hit the post like three times in the last minute with the goalie pulled. Or better yet, we'd take the game to OT, and lose on some fluke goal after outshooting Phoenix 16-2 in the OT period.

I just hope we play better in game 7 than we did last year against the Pens.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#615 Manoir

Manoir

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

to that nobody euro Korpikoski.

Something tells me that a European vacation is not your ideal getaway.

#616 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Everytime Kronwall touches the puck I'm just waiting for the turnover. When he's out there with Ericsson, I'm just waiting for the collapse. Along with Stuart apparently forgetting to take his meds today, it's just a disaster waiting to happen and it has.

Not too mention the pure luckbox goal that went in for the Bettmans. God I hate the playoffs.

"During Robert Langs time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#617 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

1. My first thought was that if s***sburgh can do it, we can.

2. Correct. Where the f*** is Flip?!?!?

3. See Bab's face after that last goal? He's worried too. We got Rusty Osgood waiting in the wings.

Yeah, let's single out Flip when he's been a force all series.

We shouldn't bag Bertuzzi or Cleary who haven't combined for a single freaking goal...

:rolleyes:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#618 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

People forget there is a Game 7. We lose that one, then people can go mental. Yeah we'll lose this stupid game today, but there IS another oppertunity.

Yeah but it isn't going to be easy for the Wings in game 7, that arena will be crazy.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#619 TimmyJoMoFo

TimmyJoMoFo

AF Wings Fan

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Holy f*** Stuart, could you play any worse?

Yes he could. In my opinion, the only reason we lost the cup last year was because of him and his turnovers in games 6 + 7. And here he is, doing it again.
First goal was because he couldnt shuffle the puck up the boards and instead turned it over. Their 4th goal was because he dicked around holding onto the puck too long after the faceoff and not passing it or clearing it fast enough, which caused PHO to hold it in the zone in the first place. THEN he turns it over again and gives them another gem of an opportunity to get another goal...

BENCH STUART NOW ! !

#620 JoeK35

JoeK35

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Agreed. Booing is really pathetic, I don't care what the score is, I'd never boo my own side.

Yeah and AFTER the Wings lost game 6 in the SCF there was another opportunity and we all know how that ended... <_<