• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#901 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Other than the first goal, I don't see how he played terrible?

He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't good enough either. He didn't make enough extra saves like Bryzgalov did. We had much better scoring changes and goaltending was obviously the difference. You can of course always say that he had no chance on that screen shot or something like that, but the fact is that Bryzgalov stopped many of that kinda chances which he basically wouldn't have to stop. You gotta make those extra saves in playoffs and Howard didn't make them.

Edited by Finnish Wing, 25 April 2010 - 04:04 PM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#902 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

not scoring on the early PP's cost us dear, Jimmy needed to make that first save on the SH'er, if he does then who knows. Just need some of our so called 'more skilled guys' to start showing up a bit more. Need to take a leaf outta Abby's book.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#903 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Folks...it does not look good. Wings have been outplayed in this series. I cant even think of a moment in the series when we were on top. Late GWG could be considered lucky. The Wings will really have to get their act together to win game 7.

even if they win on tuesday, i can't see them going far. they simply don't have the desire or discipline to out-work the other team. this is the sloppiestf****** team in the playoffs. i can't even count how many failed clears and coughed up pucks we've had in our zone or in the neutral zone this series. it'sf****** pathetic. they look like they're ready to go home.
-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
-Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

#904 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

Remove kenny holland as GM and replace with Yzerman

Do not offer lidstrom a new contract

Do not offer Bertuzzi a new contract

Trade Franzen

Fire babcock - change is needed

Trade for Carey Price

PANIC :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#905 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

No one should blame Howard. Only the first goal was questionable, the rest were bad bounces, deflections and a great shot. Yotes got all the bounces and our defense wasn't very good, especially not on the PK.

I like our chances in Game 7, but it could definitely go either way. I had a feeling this game would go 7 games before it started. Yotes just won't go away.

There is still hope. I still believe.

#906 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

Remove kenny holland as GM and replace with Yzerman

Do not offer lidstrom a new contract

Do not offer Bertuzzi a new contract

Trade Franzen

Fire babcock - change is needed

Trade for Carey Price

PANIC :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

This is why you're living in your mom's basement and not professionally associated with any team in the world.

#907 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

No one should blame Howard. Only the first goal was questionable, the rest were bad bounces, deflections and a great shot. Yotes got all the bounces and our defense wasn't very good, especially not on the PK.

The problem is, while Bryzgalov stood on his head early, Howard let in an absolutely horrendous goal early and gave Phoenix life. Then they kill that extended PP situation and ALL the momentum is on their side.

#908 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

Damn ... bit early for game 7 drama!

#909 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

I understand everyone's frustration. The wings can win game 7. I just hate to break it to everyone, but if they lose, they still have their fat contracts to fall back onto. Don't you worry. I just don't think everyone should get all worked up over this. As a fan, I understand the emotional attachment, but I remember someone saying that they were actually sick to their stomach, and that is not a good thing. It is ok to be frustrated but keep it in mind the wings are just humans like me and you, except they are millionaires.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#910 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

are people still glad we kept franzen in stead of going after hossa?
-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
-Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

#911 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

I like our chances in Game 7, but it could definitely go either way. I had a feeling this game would go 7 games before it started. Yotes just won't go away.

Well said.

I thought we started out real well, but Phoenix got the first goal--and that really changed the entire dynamic of the game. From then on, I thought we played a bit too rushed and tentative.

It showed when we were shorthanded in the second period. At that point, it looked like whatever Phoenix shot was finding its way to the back of the net. We obviously had a good response to their second goal, but their third and fourth goals simply took us out of the game.

Hopefully, we can get some early bounces on Tuesday. That first goal's gonna be absolutely crucial. I have faith this team will come out firing on all cylinders and get the job done.

#912 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

I understand everyone's frustration. The wings can win game 7. I just hate to break it to everyone, but if they lose, they still have their fat contracts to fall back onto. Don't you worry. I just don't think everyone should get all worked up over this. As a fan, I understand the emotional attachment, but I remember someone saying that they were actually sick to their stomach, and that is not a good thing. It is ok to be frustrated but keep it in mind the wings are just humans like me and you, except they are millionaires.

Yeah that was me. Care to enlighten me? It passed, I watched the third with guarded interest.

And also, I don't get anything out of the fan experience except joy or depression (and the anger, stress, etc. that comes with it). They are millionaires...so that's something nice to fall back on.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 25 April 2010 - 04:21 PM.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#913 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

HA HA HA Babcock:" We like to think we are the better team..."

Well At least you THINK you are.... cause we got our asses handed to us.

#914 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

Sadly that first goal really was the game, he has to make that save. I would put 20% of the loss on Howard. The wings had their chances to even it up at 1 with the 5 on 3, but they could not even do that. I think they only managed 2 shots on it, HORRIBLE!

#915 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

Another game where I can't really play the blame game because, with a couple of exceptions, everybody looked like crap.

The only good thing is that obviously we're coming off a loss into Game 7 (or else we wouldn't be having one, hur), so we won't be going into it feeling all comfy and cozy; that seems to be one of our downfalls. So far this series, coming off a loss has managed to put a little cayenne in their jock straps for the following game.

I have to say, I'm feeling kinda pessimistic at this point...I feel like Game 4 was good, but we got lucky in Game 5, and now Game 6 just really showed where we're at. I just don't know if we have the drive to do it, especially with Doan back in. All I can say is, better to be lucky than good!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#916 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

I think you can definitely blame Howard as he totally lost the goalie battle to Bryzgalov. The team with the better goalie wins said Juhani Tamminen.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#917 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

Thank goodness I had the NASCAR race to watch, so I didn't have to focus on the city of losers entries - Wings and Tigers! Sometimes I really do think some of these guys on the Wings must discuss what it would be like to not have to "work" past April. With the ridiculous money these clowns make, the extra playoff money is probably barely worth their while. The NBC guys mentioned that the Wings just didn't match the Yotes energy level, which to me is just inexcuseable, considering the importance of the game. I think fines should be in order. I think I'll salvage the day and do a little trout fishing.
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#918 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

Doesn't look like Hossa has had much more success against another tight-checking, defensively oriented team with strong goaltending in Nashville either.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#919 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

I sure as hell am. Hossa is a great player don't get me wrong but just because Franzen hasn't produced so far in the first round doesn't suddenly give Hossa the edge. Franzen has been a freaking beast the last three years and while he's been off so far in the postseason that doesn't take much from him. He's still a great player, he's still gritty, and he's still more than capable of being one of our top guys. I wouldn't give up on him that quickly.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#920 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

I am still pissed right off! Right off!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.