• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Has Ericsson suffered any concussions this season?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

This guy has just completely lost his wits out there. He's forgotten how to play the position. He's lost his awareness!? How could someone so young take so many steps backwards from one season to the next!? It's unreal. He looks like he needs a couple more seasons in GR right now.

This guy has just completely lost his wits out there. He's forgotten how to play the position. He's lost his awareness!? How could someone so young take so many steps backwards from one season to the next!? It's unreal. He looks like he needs a couple more seasons in GR right now.

I wouldn't go that far...but he hasn't been what we expected him to be lately.

For a guy who usually steps it up in the playoffs, he's certainly taken a big step backwards this year.

I don't know what has happened to him. I'm sure he will still be a fine player for the wings, but right now my life expectancy is lowering everytime he jumps over those boards.

Guest Lidstromboli

someone's a little late on this one

now get with the lines or get out

I know, right? I mean I can't count how many goals against he's been on the ice for so far in the playoffs.

No wait, I just did: ZERO.

Haha, I knew you'd get in here sooner or later.

He hasn't been particularly brutal and he's sure as hell not the reason we've lost any games.

Having said that there have been some TERRIBLE plays that he's made. In particular I remember Lombardi making both him and Lilja look like pylons a couple of times. There's not a chance in hell he's playing anywhere near as well as he did last year in the playoffs.

In all fairness to him though, everyone on the team has looked like crap at one point or another in the series.

I know, right? I mean I can't count how many goals against he's been on the ice for so far in the playoffs.

No wait, I just did: ZERO.

He's been on the ice for one goal against actually.

I think most of us are just disappointed with how much his play has regressed since the last playoffs. You can't say he doesn't look a little confused out there at times. He's only played an average of 12 minutes and change these playoffs. Aside from a little PK time, Babcock is careful to match him up against Phoenix's third and fourth lines.

On top of often looking lost on his coverage, a lot of fans are probably just pissed he plays nowhere near his 6'5'' frame. I know I am.

Just because he hasn't cost us any games or played all that badly doesn't mean we can't expect more from him.

Edited by AIK'91

Haha, I knew you'd get in here sooner or later.

He hasn't been particularly brutal and he's sure as hell not the reason we've lost any games.

Having said that there have been some TERRIBLE plays that he's made. In particular I remember Lombardi making both him and Lilja look like pylons a couple of times. There's not a chance in hell he's playing anywhere near as well as he did last year in the playoffs.

In all fairness to him though, everyone on the team has looked like crap at one point or another in the series.

Well I'm right. He's the only d-man who hasn't been on the ice for a Coyote goal so singling him out right now seems pretty stupid. What's more concerning-- mistakes that lead to goals or mistakes that don't? That's a pretty damn easy question to answer.

Well I'm right. He's the only d-man who hasn't been on the ice for a Coyote goal so singling him out right now seems pretty stupid. What's more concerning-- mistakes that lead to goals or mistakes that don't? That's a pretty damn easy question to answer.

Easy big guy. I'm on your side for this one. ...somewhat

I do take issue with this stat that you keep throwing out there though. His zero one goal against is quite misleading about his play. And his mistakes HAVE been directly translatable into goals. Some very good chances just happen to not go in our net for whatever random reason.

If you read my post though, I'm very clear that I don't blame him or single him out. I just added my piece because you seemed ready to try to prove that he's been particularly good. And that's not the case.

What's more concerning-- mistakes that lead to goals or mistakes that don't? That's a pretty damn easy question to answer.

In hockey, mistakes in and of themselves are always concerning. They'll lead to goals against eventually.

I just don't get the staunch support you've consistently shown for Ericsson. You have to admit his regular season was well below expectations and plagued with egregious defensive zone mistakes...right?

In hockey, mistakes in and of themselves are always concerning. They'll lead to goals against eventually.

I just don't get the staunch support you've consistently shown for Ericsson. You have to admit his regular season was well below expectations and plagued with egregious defensive zone mistakes...right?

I was an Ericsson fan when he was an unknown in Grand Rapids. I'll be damned if one s***ty season will stop me from supporting him now. :P He'll have to disappoint me more consistently than that before I give up on his potential.

Guest Crymson

Ericsson is:

1) Lazy

2) Careless

3) Unwilling to play physically

4) Unwilling to skate at top speed

5) Unable to produce any offense

6) Constantly making errors

7) Unable to participate in any puck-cycling

8) Unable to select shots

9) Slow

Etc.

Many of these things could be improved immediately, but he doesn't seem to care.

Easy big guy. I'm on your side for this one. ...somewhat

I do take issue with this stat that you keep throwing out there though. His zero one goal against is quite misleading about his play. And his mistakes HAVE been directly translatable into goals. Some very good chances just happen to not go in our net for whatever random reason.

If you read my post though, I'm very clear that I don't blame him or single him out. I just added my piece because you seemed ready to try to prove that he's been particularly good. And that's not the case.

I didn't mean to direct the annoyance at you... I was more annoyed with the OP for not laying the blame on the guys who're playing 20+ mins a night and making the big bucks. Ericsson's been playing his role well. He's limited his mistakes in the playoffs compared to the regular season.

His play last year in the post season isn't something we should assume is long gone, but it sure didn't hurt him to be paired up with Lidstrom instead of a recently off the shelf Lilja or an all around risky Lebda.

Ericsson's play when his confidence is up is too good to throw the towel in now.

I was an Ericsson fan when he was an unknown in Grand Rapids. I'll be damned if one s***ty season will stop me from supporting him now. :P He'll have to disappoint me more consistently than that before I give up on his potential.

Fair enough. :lol: Every fan has their favorites on a team.

I just wish he starts playing like he's 6'5'' and somehow regains the poise and confidence he had so much of in the playoffs last year.

Fair enough. :lol: Every fan has their favorites on a team.

I just wish he starts playing like he's 6'5'' and somehow regains the poise and confidence he had so much of in the playoffs last year.

Me too man, me too.

Guest Crymson

I would just put him on the first PP unit with Lidstrom, have him pinch (he was a forward) and Lids play back on the line. Release the kraken, and by kraken I mean slapshot.

You hate Rafalski. We get it. And you hate Rafalski enough to suggest that Ericsson, who cannot get a shot through traffic to save his life and is too slow to wind up against a penalty kill that challenges shots from the point, should replace him on the first power play unit.

cursor-finger.gif