• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Rafalski or Schneider

Rate this topic

Better for the WIngs PP  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right now, I wish we had Schneider instead of Rafalski. The shot on the power-play makes up for all his faults. When he scored I immediately missed him on the team. Only one player on our blueline has a respectable point shot on our PP and we need at least two.

Going into game 7, who would be more dangerous on our D corps?

Guest Shoreline

Raffy is better. At this stage, Schneider has a better shot, and that's about it.

Edited by Shoreline

I did not like Schneider. I often thought he shot too much, instead of sometimes looking for a set-up that could lead to a better scoring chance. People give Rafalski too much s*** around here and he does make some mistakes, but I think he is the perfect partner for Lidstrom on the power play. Wrist shots are much more accurate and easier to deflect and it goes along well with Lidstrom being the slap shot guy on the other side. I wish they would leave Rafalski out for the whole 2 minutes on the power play because we need that right-handed shot from the point.

Bottom line is, Rafalski is not our problem. He wasn't today and he hasn't been since he's been here. Maybe he isn't worth 6 mil, but overall I think he has been very good for us.

Rafalski is so much better, this is almost insulting.

Agreed. Raffy = 3 Cups; Schneider = 0. Does Raffy come with a few downsides? sure. But overall he has fit in our system well - and was an upgrade over Schneider. I even liked Schneids as a Wings, but Raffy is better..

When we had Schneider I always thought of him as one of those guys that could never take you to the promise land I feel the same way about Bertuzzi but Rafalski the guy can and has won.

I'll take a winner over a looser in any game 7.

Guest Lidstromboli

Agreed. Raffy = 3 Cups; Schneider = 0. Does Raffy come with a few downsides? sure. But overall he has fit in our system well - and was an upgrade over Schneider. I even liked Schneids as a Wings, but Raffy is better..

schneider = 1

Guest Crymson

Right now, I wish we had Schneider instead of Rafalski. The shot on the power-play makes up for all his faults. When he scored I immediately missed him on the team. Only one player on our blueline has a respectable point shot on our PP and we need at least two.

Going into game 7, who would be more dangerous on our D corps?

This is silly, no offense. Schneider has a hard shot, and that's it. Rafalski's shot isn't as hard, but it has a greater chance of getting through and is far more deflectable. Further, Rafalski is of use everywhere on the ice whereas Schneider's use ends beyond the power play.

yeah

Yeah, but that was two lockouts ago. I think his teammates that year included Dollard St. Laurent and Jean-Guy Talbot. At some point, if you haven't won in the last 17 years as a player, the case starts to get stacked against you being a money d-man. Three teams have completely given up on his since the lockout - four, actually, if you count the Wings not re-signing him. Am I being clear?

Schneider doesn't have the full game anymore. He spent most of the season in the AHL and until this afternoon, he really wasn't very good at all in the previous two games in the series.