• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lonewuhf

Dats and Z

Rate this topic

So they were just talking about whether or not to keep Dats and Z together for the start of game 7. Does anyone else think this is a bad idea? Dats and Z have had 0 chemistry this year (actually Dats hasn't seemed to have a lot of chemistry with anyone this year) and they finally put together a killer line with Z, Flip, and Bert. The second line has literally carried this team through the first part of the playoffs. Pulling apart a line that has been hot to put together 2 people who are superstars, yet have had 0 chemistry seems like a great way to have a terrible start to game 7.

I kind of agree. Dats and Z just don't have the chemistry anymore.

But then again part of me hopes that if it could be sparked again they would dominate.

But frankly I'd rather keep the 2nd line in tact and just keep switching out Franzen/Homer with Eaves/Miller/Helm/Abdelkader until something clicks.

A Franzen-Flipulla-Bert line sounds good, but Franzen isn't playing well. I don't think Dats is struggling, I think it's his line mates. Bert was hot and cold this season, Homer is a bit streaky, and Franzen is struggling. Datysuk has the best shot on the team, right now Dats needs to be the one shooting.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'd rather stick with the lines we had. Just because they didn't score on their 3 shifts together doesn't mean there's no chemistry. I see it as a desperation move though. I don't think Babcock puts them together unless we're trailing in the 3rd next game.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'd rather stick with the lines we had. Just because they didn't score on their 3 shifts together doesn't mean there's no chemistry. I see it as a desperation move though. I don't think Babcock puts them together unless we're trailing in the 3rd next game.

I actually wish I could find numbers to see how many goals were scored by a Dats-Z-x line than the Z-Fil-Bert line. It'd be interesting to see.