• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gnredwing

Red Wings will win game 7

Rate this topic

A little too much pessimism in this thread...Detroit has shown that they can overcome adversity over and over again. I can't believe I'm reading that some of you are so sure that the Wings are not able to win a cup this year. This team can do what it wants; they've shown that with battling back to make it into the playoffs for the 19th straight season. And if Detroit does win this series, I firmly believe they can have a deep run and win another Cup.

SetecX - LOL. I hope it's the Messier kind.

Way, way, way too much pessimism on this thread. Personally, I don't buy the fact that Lidstrom will retire or that the Wings will lose Game 7. Obviously, there are no guarentees in life but for ppl to just roll over and die is a little ridiculous.

It's true that the West is a tough conference but right now every team has holes (including the Wings) but that gives Detroit just as good a chance to come out as anyone. Luongo as a sub 900 save percentage and if it weren't for Quick's meltdowns LA could have beaten the Canucks. Chicago is getting by Nashville by the skin of their teeth and although Niemi has had his moments he has also been exposed at times. San Jose's top line hasn't done a damn thing. Marleau has one goal and that was the fifth goal of a 5-0 win. Heatley and Thornton are goaless while Heatley is clearly banged up. If the Wings can win game 7 they'd face the Sharks and in my mind that is a great match up for the Wings. So for everyone who thinks the Wings have no chance well I think you're just being silly. Obviously their chances aren't nearly as good as years passed but if Howard settles down we can defintely make a run.

Not to mention most of the goals yesterday weren't Jimmy's fault.

well..we will know if the wings win game 7 or not come late tuesday night.

remember the wings had the opportunity to close out the series today on HOME ice...but they failed to do so.

i knew this series was gonna go 7 games. i dont know why i just did.

regardless if the wings win i applaud the season the coyotes had this year.

the coyotes proved they can play well even with all the stuff surrounding them off the ice.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64659&pid=1958923&st=0entry1958923

Honestly it doesn't matter if we win or lose. The Wings will not win the cup this year. It just wasn't our year. Unfortunately, if we lose Tuesday night, it will be Lidstrom's last game in the NHL :angry: . While I think that physically he can still play (as his non physical game warrants) I just don't think he will continue to play at the elite level he always has. Plus, if hearsay is any indication, the Howe family says he is done (I live by them). I am optimistic about next year though. Especially with the return of Happy Hudler!! I am really hoping we win game 7, but I just don't think we have it. Even if we do, we are just postponing the eventual elimination (The West is just way too deep this year). In the end, I don't trust our defense, our goaltending, or our forwards on a game to game basis. Inconsistency will eventually our downfall.

But hey, maybe I'm just crazy and completely wrong :hehe:

Go Wings!!!!!!

People and their 'sources'. Whatever.

Everyone says he is coming back for one more season. Win a Cup this June, I still think he plays one more, though less likely. Like, cmon. Our series ain't even done and you've already got us beat and Nik on a plane to Sweden. Like WTF?

And go talk to VAN, SJ or CHI about "goaltending" and their "forwards/defense". What a damn joke.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

Eaves-Draper-Miller

Stuart-Rafalski

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Lilja-Ericcson

Howard

Osgood

I think with Doan out they should have run these lines, with Z and D on the same line i know they did it a little but the Yotes are a young team and sooner or later that Z and D line would have got to them, and Lidstrom i think on the 2nd pairing is good he has gotten burned a few times by the speed of them but its like splitin' D and Z with him and Rafalski, adds that little extra thing to worry about for the yotes 2nd line, and Flip just needs to shoot more so many times he passes up on a shot.

Everytime I watched a game in this series, they lose. When I don't watch (power outages, not televised here, etc), they win. I will NOT be watching tomorrow night, so you can bet on the Wings winning and advancing to the next round. I'll miss the entire playoffs if it helps the Wings win the Cup. :thumbup:

Everytime I watched a game in this series, they lose. When I don't watch (power outages, not televised here, etc), they win. I will NOT be watching tomorrow night, so you can bet on the Wings winning and advancing to the next round. I'll miss the entire playoffs if it helps the Wings win the Cup. :thumbup:

Lol thats like me i started doing the playoff beard a while back now but everytime we lose a few or if its going to game 7 i change it into a mustache or something GF hates it but it works lol, so today i must shave!.

Same here. And I work tomorrow night. Go Wings!!!

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

People and their 'sources'. Whatever.

Everyone says he is coming back for one more season. Win a Cup this June, I still think he plays one more, though less likely. Like, cmon. Our series ain't even done and you've already got us beat and Nik on a plane to Sweden. Like WTF?

And go talk to VAN, SJ or CHI about "goaltending" and their "forwards/defense". What a damn joke.

-Point and case Titanium. My sources = Gordie Howe and his family (who lives a few houses down from me).

-Soo um have you been watching the same series as me? Because last time I checked the games we lost, we didn't even show up to play. Last game, we got manhandled. Our team plays uninspired (forwards/defense) and Jimmy Howard gives up suspect goals (goaltending). The only forward I have applauded for his work this series is Justin Abdelkader.

Ok this game is going to come down to a single factor. Who puts the puck in the net first. Since game 2 team who scored first won. Why is that because if the wings score first it force phoenix to play out side of there comfort zone trying to score. If phoenix score first they force us to play there game which we know the result of based on games 3 and 6. We might get away with given up one goal but once they have that 2 goal lead they are a tough team to come back on. To say the wings played a terrible game would be foolish especially if you watched the first period where they were all over Phoenix. They capitalized on a few miss plays got the lead and shut us down that is what happened in game 3 and it happened in game 6. They were not unmotivated or lazy just the Coyotes system of play make us look that way. Just got to watch us before they have the lead and after they are not given up but getting out played by the Coyotes system. Key to game 7 score first force them to pinch in there D and don't take stupid penalties. As for Lidstrom if he does retire I think the Wings should try to pick up Volchenkov from Ottawa the man is a shot block machine and tough as nails but disciplined and rumors out of Ottawa is they don't have enough cap to keep him. If lidstrom stays its awsome too.

I agree, we will win. We just aren't the kind of team that lets other teams get to us. We are able to forget bad performances and come back with a great one. Go Wings!

I agree. It seems like it's been that way the whole series. Just like after game 3, we came back and won 3-0. The team will step up, and we'll be able to go Shark hunting.

A little too much pessimism in this thread...Detroit has shown that they can overcome adversity over and over again. I can't believe I'm reading that some of you are so sure that the Wings are not able to win a cup this year. This team can do what it wants; they've shown that with battling back to make it into the playoffs for the 19th straight season. And if Detroit does win this series, I firmly believe they can have a deep run and win another Cup.

SetecX - LOL. I hope it's the Messier kind.

The biggest thing I've learned about this team this year is to expect the unexpected. With such a rollercoaster of a season, there really have been no patterns to bank on. We all know this team has what it takes to win game 7. We saw it first hand starting March 1st. If they want to win, they will. If they want to go deep into the playoffs, into the Finals, they will. The best thing I can do as a fan is just believe in my team and support them, not undermine them after every loss. I'm officially changing this year's slogan:

Hockeytown, No Limits I Believe!

-Point and case Titanium. My sources = Gordie Howe and his family (who lives a few houses down from me).

-Soo um have you been watching the same series as me? Because last time I checked the games we lost, we didn't even show up to play. Last game, we got manhandled. Our team plays uninspired (forwards/defense) and Jimmy Howard gives up suspect goals (goaltending). The only forward I have applauded for his work this series is Justin Abdelkader.

You compared this team and their play (and Cup chances) to other playoff teams.

Crap goaltending?

Forwards not showing up?

s***ty defensive play?

Any one of the other series has had a bit of all three. Yet Detroit's in bad shape?? Cmon. Doom and gloom I'm not and I don't wanna argue; we're all Wings fans.

It will be interesting to see if there's a bias with the refereeing in this game. It could go either way. Buttman's team gets the breaks, or the league suddenly realizes that watching a boring Phoenix team isn't good for the NHL, and that exciting play between SJ and Detroit would be far superior and bring in the ratings.

But, we got the breaks early in game 6 and did nothing with it. We should have lead at least 2-0 or 3-0 after that...ugh.

I hope we win. I won't be able to tolerate no hockey in May.

Listen there is no way the Wings should lose this game , NO WAY. If Datsyuk,Zetterberg,Holmstrom,Franzen,Filppula all show up to play tomorrow night we should have this win easy. I wouldnt mind taking a run at Bryz either i know its cheap but its playoffs and Doan did it to Howard. It seems the only thing keeping them in this series is Bryz so why not have Miller or someone drive the net and give him a run try and get him off his game. We also have to pressure them when they have a PP especially there point, all there goals are coming from the D, we have the most passive PK in the playoffs

Edited by king_malice

I think we can pull it off but I'm very disappointed that the team did not learn from last year's series and to go for the jugular and want it badly in game 6 and not having to take it to a 7th. If our guys show up wanting this badly enough, their skills should better Phoenix but if they don't show up with hunger and heart, then it'll be a sad story.

Detroit definitely aren't hungry enough. What I have noticed which I said before the series started was that the schedule was a mess. I knew the Sunday afternoon games would kill us and they did. We are much older than the Yotes and the turn around from Friday to Sunday was just too much. If you take away those 2 games the Wings have looked pretty damn good.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Wings will win in phoenix, will play the Sharks, game 1 Friday night.

Oh how brave of you to Guarantee an outcome that you will have in way shape or form an influence in. You really roll the dice hard.

Wings will win because they will control there emotions and make smart plays, the only way to lose this game is to give of PP goals.

Babcock better coach like Herb Brooks tomarrow :D