• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

Honestly it doesn't matter if we win or lose. The Wings will not win the cup this year. It just wasn't our year. Unfortunately, if we lose Tuesday night, it will be Lidstrom's last game in the NHL :angry: . While I think that physically he can still play (as his non physical game warrants) I just don't think he will continue to play at the elite level he always has. Plus, if hearsay is any indication, the Howe family says he is done (I live by them). I am optimistic about next year though. Especially with the return of Happy Hudler!! I am really hoping we win game 7, but I just don't think we have it. Even if we do, we are just postponing the eventual elimination (The West is just way too deep this year). In the end, I don't trust our defense, our goaltending, or our forwards on a game to game basis. Inconsistency will eventually our downfall.

But hey, maybe I'm just crazy and completely wrong :hehe:

Go Wings!!!!!!
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#22 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

Plus, if hearsay is any indication, the Howe family says he is done (I live by them).

Huh?

#23 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

Yes, lets not forget they won the cup last time on enemy territory.

#24 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

Huh?

Gordie's son Murray lives in my town. I went to high school with one of his sons. I have met Gordie a bunch of times and I know the family very well. According to them, Lids is done.
Posted Image

#25 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

Gordie's son Murray lives in my town. I went to high school with one of his sons. I have met Gordie a bunch of times and I know the family very well. According to them, Lids is done.

That's what they believe or that's what they heard?

#26 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

That's what they believe or that's what they heard?

I'm not sure. Gordie says this is "most likely" his last year. Apparently he has already made up his mind, but will do a little soul searching this summer. His sons play hockey around Detroit (For the AAA teams) and I was told he wants more family time.
Posted Image

#27 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

The Wings had their chance and absolutely blew it,it wasn't even close.Hudler will save us all next year.

PRAISE HIM!

#28 Zenith

Zenith

Legend

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

Well, I am not gonna be bothered to see whether the Wings lose or win. But I am with the one guy and believes the Wings cannot have Lidstrom next year. He may be able to play but since the age looks to catch him a bit now, I think this will be the last season to be with Nick. Further, we found Howard, Abdelkader, and Miller can play in this team for the future and I am satisfied how much we have done so far.

Still, I hope the Wings pull the win in Pheonix and hopefully we can have a long run this year too

The ZENITH of real hockey, The Detroit Red Wings

#29 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

I'm not sure. Gordie says this is "most likely" his last year. Apparently he has already made up his mind, but will do a little soul searching this summer. His sons play hockey around Detroit (For the AAA teams) and I was told he wants more family time.

:(

I hope you're wrong too.

But I suspected that he already made the decision to retire and use this season as confirmation that he made the right choice. Oh man. That's gotta suck for the locker room atmosphere.

#30 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:22 PM

Well, I am not gonna be bothered to see whether the Wings lose or win. But I am with the one guy and believes the Wings cannot have Lidstrom next year. He may be able to play but since the age looks to catch him a bit now, I think this will be the last season to be with Nick. Further, we found Howard, Abdelkader, and Miller can play in this team for the future and I am satisfied how much we have done so far.

Still, I hope the Wings pull the win in Pheonix and hopefully we can have a long run this year too

I think the best option would be to keep lids and just cut his minutes. I think that would be a big help for him with his age. He still is a great player.

With any left over cap space (which i know is not that much) go after a d to either pair with rafalski on the first or move up kronner or stu and find someone for the other lines.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#31 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

They might win game 7, but I believe today's loss may have cost them the Cup. The travel and games will catch up.

We are almost guaranteed to be heading out west if we win anyways so what is the difference?
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#32 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

Also I kind of feel like you should make a thread about it. But you'd probably get flamed for it.

#33 clayjoh

clayjoh

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

Honestly it doesn't matter if we win or lose. The Wings will not win the cup this year. It just wasn't our year. Unfortunately, if we lose Tuesday night, it will be Lidstrom's last game in the NHL :angry: . While I think that physically he can still play (as his non physical game warrants) I just don't think he will continue to play at the elite level he always has. Plus, if hearsay is any indication, the Howe family says he is done (I live by them). I am optimistic about next year though. Especially with the return of Happy Hudler!! I am really hoping we win game 7, but I just don't think we have it. Even if we do, we are just postponing the eventual elimination (The West is just way too deep this year). In the end, I don't trust our defense, our goaltending, or our forwards on a game to game basis. Inconsistency will eventually our downfall.

But hey, maybe I'm just crazy and completely wrong :hehe:

Go Wings!!!!!!

As a Wings fan for over 50 years now( yes that's 50) I have to agree with your sentiments
We may win this series yet but we are witnessing the end of the great 15 year run many of us have been blessed to observe
The battles with Colorado,the 4 cups and all the conquests we have enjoyed will end this year regardless of where we end up
The Wings of next year will look quite different and unfortunately will resemble the mediocraty of the rest of Bettman's parity experiment in the NHL

#34 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Is this a Messier guarantee or a Kovalchuk guarantee?

#35 RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40

Loving my Wings until the day I die!

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

A little too much pessimism in this thread...Detroit has shown that they can overcome adversity over and over again. I can't believe I'm reading that some of you are so sure that the Wings are not able to win a cup this year. This team can do what it wants; they've shown that with battling back to make it into the playoffs for the 19th straight season. And if Detroit does win this series, I firmly believe they can have a deep run and win another Cup.

SetecX - LOL. I hope it's the Messier kind.
Count me in, but don't count me out,
You can't shut me up, you can't shut me down,
Fight through the hurt, Fight through the pain,
Without the ache there is no gain,
We live our lives for the love of the game
Pillar - For the Love of the Game

#36 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,611 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

Wow, I haven't even considered that this may be Lidstrom's last game.

:(

This sucks. I don't think I'll ever watch a player better than him in my life. I'm too young to remember Gretzky and Lemieux in their prime.

I hope he ends his career better than Yzerman did in Edmonton.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#37 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

We are almost guaranteed to be heading out west if we win anyways so what is the difference?

Good point!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#38 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

I hope that you are right.Game 7's scare me. I am still haunted by last years game 7 in the finals.

#39 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

Well its anyone's series now. I do think the Red Wings will pull it out, but I gotta give the Coyotes a lot of credit, these guys aren't well known big stars and they just play harder than the superstars. If the Coyotes do win this series then I'll be rooting for them the rest of the way. I just think the Red Wings played too relaxed, perhaps tired, who knows, but the desperation factor will have to be huge for them Tuesday. The Wings have been in this situation before that's why it looks good for them to win. I have faith in this team.

#40 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

I hope he ends his career better than Yzerman did in Edmonton.

Game 7 on the road... Kind of a similar setup isn't it? Yeesh.

Wish there was something I could do so that Lidstrom won't retire. Like a Native American rain dance or something to appease the hockey Gods.