106 replies to this topic

#41 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

I approve this thread. :thumbup:

Lets act like we have seen this team play before, Wings WILL bounce back and win in game 7.

Wings beat a much tougher, harder hitting, better defensive Ducks team last year with Hiller playing as good as Brygaylove if not better.

GO WINGS!!!!!

#42 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

If Lids does retire, it will be interesting to see who the Wings go after with the money that will be freed up.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#43 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

God somebody change the freaking spelling of the subtitle already before my head pops off.

Posted Image

#44 solnyshko

solnyshko

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

God somebody change the freaking spelling of the subtitle already before my head pops off.

Ah. I thought I was the only one who noticed.

#45 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

Also I kind of feel like you should make a thread about it. But you'd probably get flamed for it.

Yeah I mean I got a minus just for expressing my opinions of game 7...the last thing I need is to make a post where people don't believe me so they downgrad the f*** out of me :lol:
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#46 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

Did your sources tell you this?

Why won't you reveal them?!?! Gah...

-per eklund... /e4
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#47 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

Wow, I haven't even considered that this may be Lidstrom's last game.

Also, Game 7 is on Tuesday and Nick's birthday is on Wednesday.

"Hey Happy Birthday Nick!"
"Hey, yeah, thaaaanksss. Uh, hey, so, yeah, I'mactuallyretiringandmovingbacktoSwedenso uh... yeah... Peace out."

#48 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:34 AM

Ahhhh.. Don't do that. The spelling was the same in the game 4 thread(Wings will win game 4 thread), and the Wings ended up winning! :D

#49 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:39 AM

Lidstrom's last game!?!?!?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#50 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

well..we will know if the wings win game 7 or not come late tuesday night.

remember the wings had the opportunity to close out the series today on HOME ice...but they failed to do so.

i knew this series was gonna go 7 games. i dont know why i just did.

regardless if the wings win i applaud the season the coyotes had this year.
the coyotes proved they can play well even with all the stuff surrounding them off the ice.

#51 DmitrifromRussia

DmitrifromRussia

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:47 AM

If this the same "I guarantee it" post that was like with game 4, so I don’t worry anymore. We’ll win. It’ll be not an easy ride but going in the second round is important.

Edited by DmitrifromRussia, 26 April 2010 - 07:48 AM.

#52 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

A little too much pessimism in this thread...Detroit has shown that they can overcome adversity over and over again. I can't believe I'm reading that some of you are so sure that the Wings are not able to win a cup this year. This team can do what it wants; they've shown that with battling back to make it into the playoffs for the 19th straight season. And if Detroit does win this series, I firmly believe they can have a deep run and win another Cup.

SetecX - LOL. I hope it's the Messier kind.

Way, way, way too much pessimism on this thread. Personally, I don't buy the fact that Lidstrom will retire or that the Wings will lose Game 7. Obviously, there are no guarentees in life but for ppl to just roll over and die is a little ridiculous.

It's true that the West is a tough conference but right now every team has holes (including the Wings) but that gives Detroit just as good a chance to come out as anyone. Luongo as a sub 900 save percentage and if it weren't for Quick's meltdowns LA could have beaten the Canucks. Chicago is getting by Nashville by the skin of their teeth and although Niemi has had his moments he has also been exposed at times. San Jose's top line hasn't done a damn thing. Marleau has one goal and that was the fifth goal of a 5-0 win. Heatley and Thornton are goaless while Heatley is clearly banged up. If the Wings can win game 7 they'd face the Sharks and in my mind that is a great match up for the Wings. So for everyone who thinks the Wings have no chance well I think you're just being silly. Obviously their chances aren't nearly as good as years passed but if Howard settles down we can defintely make a run.

Not to mention most of the goals yesterday weren't Jimmy's fault.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#53 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

well..we will know if the wings win game 7 or not come late tuesday night.

remember the wings had the opportunity to close out the series today on HOME ice...but they failed to do so.

i knew this series was gonna go 7 games. i dont know why i just did.

regardless if the wings win i applaud the season the coyotes had this year.
the coyotes proved they can play well even with all the stuff surrounding them off the ice.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64659&pid=1958923&st=0&#entry1958923
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#54 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

Honestly it doesn't matter if we win or lose. The Wings will not win the cup this year. It just wasn't our year. Unfortunately, if we lose Tuesday night, it will be Lidstrom's last game in the NHL :angry: . While I think that physically he can still play (as his non physical game warrants) I just don't think he will continue to play at the elite level he always has. Plus, if hearsay is any indication, the Howe family says he is done (I live by them). I am optimistic about next year though. Especially with the return of Happy Hudler!! I am really hoping we win game 7, but I just don't think we have it. Even if we do, we are just postponing the eventual elimination (The West is just way too deep this year). In the end, I don't trust our defense, our goaltending, or our forwards on a game to game basis. Inconsistency will eventually our downfall.

But hey, maybe I'm just crazy and completely wrong :hehe:

Go Wings!!!!!!

People and their 'sources'. Whatever.
Everyone says he is coming back for one more season. Win a Cup this June, I still think he plays one more, though less likely. Like, cmon. Our series ain't even done and you've already got us beat and Nik on a plane to Sweden. Like WTF?

And go talk to VAN, SJ or CHI about "goaltending" and their "forwards/defense". What a damn joke.

#55 GAWing

GAWing

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

I don't know, it's going to be a tough task. We'll find out if they still have it in them or if falling back to the pack has started.

#56 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary
Eaves-Draper-Miller

Stuart-Rafalski
Lidstrom-Kronwall
Lilja-Ericcson

Howard
Osgood

I think with Doan out they should have run these lines, with Z and D on the same line i know they did it a little but the Yotes are a young team and sooner or later that Z and D line would have got to them, and Lidstrom i think on the 2nd pairing is good he has gotten burned a few times by the speed of them but its like splitin' D and Z with him and Rafalski, adds that little extra thing to worry about for the yotes 2nd line, and Flip just needs to shoot more so many times he passes up on a shot.

#57 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

Everytime I watched a game in this series, they lose. When I don't watch (power outages, not televised here, etc), they win. I will NOT be watching tomorrow night, so you can bet on the Wings winning and advancing to the next round. I'll miss the entire playoffs if it helps the Wings win the Cup. :thumbup:

#58 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:15 AM

Everytime I watched a game in this series, they lose. When I don't watch (power outages, not televised here, etc), they win. I will NOT be watching tomorrow night, so you can bet on the Wings winning and advancing to the next round. I'll miss the entire playoffs if it helps the Wings win the Cup. :thumbup:

Lol thats like me i started doing the playoff beard a while back now but everytime we lose a few or if its going to game 7 i change it into a mustache or something GF hates it but it works lol, so today i must shave!.

#59 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

Same here. And I work tomorrow night. Go Wings!!!

#60 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

People and their 'sources'. Whatever.
Everyone says he is coming back for one more season. Win a Cup this June, I still think he plays one more, though less likely. Like, cmon. Our series ain't even done and you've already got us beat and Nik on a plane to Sweden. Like WTF?

And go talk to VAN, SJ or CHI about "goaltending" and their "forwards/defense". What a damn joke.

-Point and case Titanium. My sources = Gordie Howe and his family (who lives a few houses down from me).
-Soo um have you been watching the same series as me? Because last time I checked the games we lost, we didn't even show up to play. Last game, we got manhandled. Our team plays uninspired (forwards/defense) and Jimmy Howard gives up suspect goals (goaltending). The only forward I have applauded for his work this series is Justin Abdelkader.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image