Red Wings will win game 7

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 funguy21

funguy21

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

Ok this game is going to come down to a single factor. Who puts the puck in the net first. Since game 2 team who scored first won. Why is that because if the wings score first it force phoenix to play out side of there comfort zone trying to score. If phoenix score first they force us to play there game which we know the result of based on games 3 and 6. We might get away with given up one goal but once they have that 2 goal lead they are a tough team to come back on. To say the wings played a terrible game would be foolish especially if you watched the first period where they were all over Phoenix. They capitalized on a few miss plays got the lead and shut us down that is what happened in game 3 and it happened in game 6. They were not unmotivated or lazy just the Coyotes system of play make us look that way. Just got to watch us before they have the lead and after they are not given up but getting out played by the Coyotes system. Key to game 7 score first force them to pinch in there D and don't take stupid penalties. As for Lidstrom if he does retire I think the Wings should try to pick up Volchenkov from Ottawa the man is a shot block machine and tough as nails but disciplined and rumors out of Ottawa is they don't have enough cap to keep him. If lidstrom stays its awsome too.

#62 JerBaz

JerBaz

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

I agree, we will win. We just aren't the kind of team that lets other teams get to us. We are able to forget bad performances and come back with a great one. Go Wings!

I agree. It seems like it's been that way the whole series. Just like after game 3, we came back and won 3-0. The team will step up, and we'll be able to go Shark hunting.

#63 Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Hate to say it but I see Phoenix winning Game 7 3-1. Wings just are not as hungry as the youngsters and they will not win a Game 7 on the road.

#64 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

A little too much pessimism in this thread...Detroit has shown that they can overcome adversity over and over again. I can't believe I'm reading that some of you are so sure that the Wings are not able to win a cup this year. This team can do what it wants; they've shown that with battling back to make it into the playoffs for the 19th straight season. And if Detroit does win this series, I firmly believe they can have a deep run and win another Cup.

SetecX - LOL. I hope it's the Messier kind.

The biggest thing I've learned about this team this year is to expect the unexpected. With such a rollercoaster of a season, there really have been no patterns to bank on. We all know this team has what it takes to win game 7. We saw it first hand starting March 1st. If they want to win, they will. If they want to go deep into the playoffs, into the Finals, they will. The best thing I can do as a fan is just believe in my team and support them, not undermine them after every loss. I'm officially changing this year's slogan:

Hockeytown, No Limits I Believe!

#65 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

-Point and case Titanium. My sources = Gordie Howe and his family (who lives a few houses down from me).
-Soo um have you been watching the same series as me? Because last time I checked the games we lost, we didn't even show up to play. Last game, we got manhandled. Our team plays uninspired (forwards/defense) and Jimmy Howard gives up suspect goals (goaltending). The only forward I have applauded for his work this series is Justin Abdelkader.

You compared this team and their play (and Cup chances) to other playoff teams.
Crap goaltending?
Forwards not showing up?
s***ty defensive play?
Any one of the other series has had a bit of all three. Yet Detroit's in bad shape?? Cmon. Doom and gloom I'm not and I don't wanna argue; we're all Wings fans.

#66 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

It will be interesting to see if there's a bias with the refereeing in this game. It could go either way. Buttman's team gets the breaks, or the league suddenly realizes that watching a boring Phoenix team isn't good for the NHL, and that exciting play between SJ and Detroit would be far superior and bring in the ratings.

But, we got the breaks early in game 6 and did nothing with it. We should have lead at least 2-0 or 3-0 after that...ugh.

I hope we win. I won't be able to tolerate no hockey in May.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#67 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

Listen there is no way the Wings should lose this game , NO WAY. If Datsyuk,Zetterberg,Holmstrom,Franzen,Filppula all show up to play tomorrow night we should have this win easy. I wouldnt mind taking a run at Bryz either i know its cheap but its playoffs and Doan did it to Howard. It seems the only thing keeping them in this series is Bryz so why not have Miller or someone drive the net and give him a run try and get him off his game. We also have to pressure them when they have a PP especially there point, all there goals are coming from the D, we have the most passive PK in the playoffs

Edited by king_malice, 26 April 2010 - 03:27 PM.

#68 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

I think we can pull it off but I'm very disappointed that the team did not learn from last year's series and to go for the jugular and want it badly in game 6 and not having to take it to a 7th. If our guys show up wanting this badly enough, their skills should better Phoenix but if they don't show up with hunger and heart, then it'll be a sad story.

#69 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Detroit definitely aren't hungry enough. What I have noticed which I said before the series started was that the schedule was a mess. I knew the Sunday afternoon games would kill us and they did. We are much older than the Yotes and the turn around from Friday to Sunday was just too much. If you take away those 2 games the Wings have looked pretty damn good.
naked is a state of mind

#70 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Powerplay: time to wake up.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#71 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

Wings will win in phoenix, will play the Sharks, game 1 Friday night.

Oh how brave of you to Guarantee an outcome that you will have in way shape or form an influence in. You really roll the dice hard.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#72 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

I like to see that kind of guarantee. Just to back up your guarantee, I will do one shot of Goldschlager for every goal the Wings score. If they win 6-2, it will be a fun time. :)
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#73 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Wings will win because they will control there emotions and make smart plays, the only way to lose this game is to give of PP goals.

Babcock better coach like Herb Brooks tomarrow :D

#74 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

The Red Wings will win game 7, if they score more goals than the Coyotes. :).
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#75 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

I wasn't worried when Phoenix had the chance to go up 3-1 and 3-2 and I'm not worried now. I have full confidence that the Wings will win tomorrow.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 26 April 2010 - 11:01 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#76 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

Wings will win in phoenix, will play the Sharks, game 1 Friday night.

Bad news, that's not possible. HP Pavilion is occupied by The Eagles that night and the next. Game 1 will be Thursday or Sunday. Good news, it could still be the wings visiting. I'm pulling for you guys. If my team is going to chase away playoff demons, best to dethrone the top dogs doing it, and that would be the wings for sure. Good luck, I'll be glued to my TV for the game for sure.

#77 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:11 AM

I am going to s*** my pants when the puck drops. And continue s***ting them every time it is in our zone. Don't let me down Charmin ultra.

#78 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:11 AM

:lol:

#79 Wildcard Bitches!

Wildcard Bitches!

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

My Game 2 in Phoenix Recap:
Showed up hammered drunk, started a Red Wings tailgate party in the parking lot, heckled innocent bystanders in coyotes jerseys, got into a fight with a Coyotes fan in the stands (surprising enough, this actually was not instigated by me), led a Red Wings victory chant in a packed bar across from the arena, made out with some random girl in a Darren McCarty jersey.

I will do my best to make sure Game 7 is even crazier in every way possible. My Playoff Beard is epic. RED WINGS BEATDOWN!!!!!!

Edited by Wildcard Bitches!, 27 April 2010 - 04:23 AM.

#80 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:53 AM

For some reason I've got a bad feeling about this game. Detroit doesn't have a clear advantage anywhere whatsoever. This just seems like another set up for disappointment. This franchise loves losing to teams in the playoffs it should handily beat. Besides, even if they do win in Phoenix, I don't think this year's team can handle San Jose, Chicago, or Vancouver. We shall see.