• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest REDWINGSFTW

Horrible stat facing wings

Rate this topic

Guest REDWINGSFTW

I don't like our chances, were either due or doomed.

Or maybe its because we've always been at home in game 7s for so many years :P

Edited by REDWINGSFTW

Guest REDWINGSFTW

No better time than the present! Of course, when was the last one?

Lol very true, can anyone dig out that stat?

St. Louis in the early 90's was the last time they played a game 7 on the road.

Who cares about these useless stats, though.

Carolina went into New Jersey and won last year, Pittsburgh did it here...happens all the time. Home ice is pretty useless in the NHL.

And the last time we won game 5 on the road was in 1966. Sounds like the team is trying to set things up a little differently this year ;)

Regardless, stats never tell the whole story. If Detroit wants this win bad enough, they'll get it whether they're on the road or not.

Although the Wings have not won a game on the road since the early 90s, they have won at Pheonix already this series. All we have to do is back our boys and pray TO GOD that the team that had the most points after the Olympic break show up! If they don't, we are screwed and we are going to be watching the rest of the playoffs. Have faith ladies and gentlemen....have faith and the faithful will come alive!

Guest CaliWingsNut

The Wings haven't won a away game 7 since '64.

The Coyotes were founded in '72.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

yeah these old stats are useless. we are in a new era in hockey.

It does make me glad the game will be on FSD instead of NBC. Ken, Mickey, and crew will probably bring it up only once, while the other guys would be harping on it all night.

ok... out of this stat, how many have we actually played in? they barely ever made the playoffs in the 80's and pretty much always had home ice for the last 20 years... so how many ROAD game 7's have we even played in the last 30 years?

EDIT - sorry, just had to point this out... "have NEVER won since"... shouldn't it have just been "have not won since"? Never implies, well, just that, never... grammar is a pet peeve of mine, sorry for being over-analytical

Edited by stevkrause

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

This would be relevant if the 2009-2010 Wings and Yote's played all those series 30 years ago. As they did not, you really don't have much to base it on.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Forwarded Babcock these stats and PROOF of doom and gloom right now. I believe he's on the phone with Bettman and Illitch trying to get Game 7 cancelled and the victory awarded to Phoenix, as there's no point showing up Tuesday. 

Even better, I've already sent Lidstrom a note with golf times later in the week!

There! Now you "fans" can quit posting WHY we are gonna lose and tell us instead why the hell you even bother being Wings fans??

Go Wings!!!

I hate these stats, and I don't like when they're brought up.

Ken Daniels has a habbit of bringing the opposing teams stats up when it comes to this stuff. 'X team hasn't scored on the PP in 10 games.' Low and behold, they score on the Wings PK.

Anyone remember that goalie that hadn't gotten an NHL win in, like, 13 tries or something? Ken Daniels was mentioning it about every 2 minutes. What do you know? The goalie gets a win.

That may seem like bringing up this stat for our team will reverse the tide of our bad luck in road game 7's, but we can't reverse jinx our own team.

Either way, it's ancient history. Tell anyone of the Red Wings that they won't win because of history and they'll punch you in the face, if they had less class.

Honestly, I don't like these kind of stats. Those teams from the past have nothing to do with the current team.

These stats always crack me up, interesting but not relevant to Tuesday's game in the slightest. First off, how many times in the last 50 years have the Wings been in a game 7 on the road? Very few. Also how does the play of the 1965 or 1966 Wings have any relevance to the play of the 2009-10 Wings. Anyway here's to the Wings crushing the Yotes Tuesday! :beerbuddy:

I laughed when TSN guy mentioned the stat because I was wondering how many road game 7's there could even have been in that time,

I looked it up and there has only been one road game 7 since 1964, in 1991 vs the Blues. There has been 9 game 7's in total since then, the other 8, of course, at home.

Look at it this way.

A bunch of teams have already clinched their series this year on the road. San Jose, Pittsburgh, Vancouver, Philly. None of those teams were even facing elimination.

In our case, we can also clinch on the road, but unlike those teams, we are facing elimination.

So far, home ice has been meaningless since everyone seems to be losing big games at home.

I don't like our chances, were either due or doomed.

Or maybe its because we've always been at home in game 7s for so many years :P

different era, different team...

the wings are playing better in Phoenix than Detroit. that game yesterday was a complete disgrace and the wings missed the net on almost all of their quality opportunities. the wings have also had home ice for the past dozen or so years...so that leaves little opportunity to win a game 7 on the road.