• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pravius

I don't know about you guys but..

Rate this topic

Normally when we are in the playoffs I begin to despise the other team. This time around though I seem to respect them more and more. The wings are not playing awful... yea some of our players need to get hot and score some goals but not awful.

Anyway anyone else really beginning to respect Phoenix throughout this whole series? (The only player I cannot stand is Doan... I cannot stand the guy.)

Normally when we are in the playoffs I begin to despise the other team. This time around though I seem to respect them more and more. The wings are not playing awful... yea some of our players need to get hot and score some goals but not awful.

Anyway anyone else really beginning to respect Phoenix throughout this whole series? (The only player I cannot stand is Doan... I cannot stand the guy.)

I gained alot of respect for them during the regualr season, but yeah ive they really gained alot more of it throughout this series. I dont know where everyones hatred for Doan comes from, i love the guy. Exactly what you want from a captain. Leadership, tough, gritty, can still score. Sometimes when you play a certain team, its hard to determine who the Captain is on that team unless you are looking for the C on their chest. Doan is one guy that as soon as he steps one skate on the ice you KNOW that he is the captain. I have alot of respect for the team, but i have even more respect for Doan.

I gained alot of respect for them during the regualr season, but yeah ive they really gained alot more of it throughout this series. I dont know where everyones hatred for Doan comes from, i love the guy. Exactly what you want from a captain. Leadership, tough, gritty, can still score. Sometimes when you play a certain team, its hard to determine who the Captain is on that team unless you are looking for the C on their chest. Doan is one guy that as soon as he steps one skate on the ice you KNOW that he is the captain. I have alot of respect for the team, but i have even more respect for Doan.

Your right about the leadership, and if he were a wing I may feel different. I just think he plays dirty sometimes... I do not like the hits he was putting on us, I am cool with legal hits. You get leveled/hurt on a legal hit.. should have your head up and ready for it. I just see him go into the boards alot on guys with their backs turned and many cheap shots.

As far as his leadership I do not question that, all the coyotes seem to really really respect him...

the one thing thats really stood out to me as that neither team is getting chippy after the whistle. it helps me respect a team more when they dont do that type of thing.

Yesterday was kinda... iffy, toward late.

Guest micah

My thoughts exactly. Doan is everything a hockey player should be. He's honest, he works hard, and he's willing to get dirty.

I don't so much "respect" them as I just don't care. Unlike most series, I just don't hate them. They're a one-off Cinderella team that makes a good story, but ultimately there isn't anything really all that memorable about them. They may win the series, and even win the Cup, but I'd bet money they won't be in the playoffs next year.

It is amazing how they hang in every game, though, and work really hard.

Yeah I don't "hate" them the way I hated other teams in the past playoffs. I think it because they don't do shady stuff like Anaheim and Pittsburgh. They don't take cheap shots and act like they're something great when they win. Phoenix plays hard, they have a good coach, a tough goalie and they don't act like jerks.

I can't understand the Doan hate, I'd friggin LOVE to see him wearing the Winged Wheel. That guy's got tons of heart.

The yotes are playing at the top of their game, which ultimately has showed they just are a hair short on being great. The Wings turn it on and they're easily 30% "more" than the yotes, and it's showed a couple times in this series. The problem is that the Wings appear to be disinterested or just not really trying some games.

I could easily hate the Ducks, Hawks, and Pens... But I just can't get the same kind of feeling and intensity for the Coyotes. I wouldn't be near as mad at losing to the Yotes as losing to a team like the Hawks, Canucks, or Pens. The Coyotes are just a likable team.

Agreed. They don't have an over-hyped sense of entitlement. They don't have a storied history or a player who is in the running for a myriad of awards every season. They just have some good players and a great goaltender who work together, despite uncertainty with the franchise future, and get the job done.

If they weren't playing against us, I'd have liked to see them go beyond the first round.

I hate them and can't wait for this series to end so I don't have to see their dumb jobber faces anymore.

Obviously, you guys are all bandwagoners since you don't hate Phoenix enough. :P Some fans you are.

Troll, troll, troll your board

Gently on the net.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily-

Life with no regret.

i will never respect the coyotes. i do not think they deserve a team, with revenue sharing that wasn't in the league when Winnipeg, Quebec, Hartford, and Minnesota (the 1st time) were in the league. i have my obvious reasons for my hatred toward them.

even if dats and Z...and Stamkos were on the coyotes, i could not bring myself to respect them or cheer for them until relocation.

maybe it's childish hatred on my behalf, but that's what i was when it all started.

I hate them and can't wait for this series to end so I don't have to see their dumb jobber faces anymore.

Obviously, you guys are all bandwagoners since you don't hate Phoenix enough. :P Some fans you are.

Aw hell, I knew it.:lol:

In the end, if we get offed tomorrow, at least it wasn't s***cago knocking us out.

i will never respect the coyotes. i do not think they deserve a team, with revenue sharing that wasn't in the league when Winnipeg, Quebec, Hartford, and Minnesota (the 1st time) were in the league. i have my obvious reasons for my hatred toward them.

even if dats and Z...and Stamkos were on the coyotes, i could not bring myself to respect them or cheer for them until relocation.

maybe it's childish hatred on my behalf, but that's what i was when it all started.

Yeah. I was talking about the players themselves. The franchise is poorly-run.

Yeah. I was talking about the players themselves. The franchise is poorly-run.

i respect bryzgalov and lombardi. jovo is a cheap, dirty prick.

the rest of the players aside from wolski are plugs in a lame late 90's, early 2000's devils trap. their style is boring and doesn't really showcase their players true talent.

should the coyotes win game 7, during yotes-sharks games, i will encourage you all to instead of watching the games, plant something nice and watch it grow until you get something nice.

hopefully tomorrow is the last revenue the coyotes generate this year.

PHX is my second favorite team since their Logo change. Plus I've always like how Doan plays.

I like seeing PHX do well, just not as much so against my Wings. I'm going for the wings till death, but if PHX takes us out I can be happy with extending our playoff streak and hoping for PHX to go all the way.

I think its always better to get beat by the champions than someone who just made it further than you. So i'll be hoping they make it all the way if they take us out.

As for hating teams I still hate the PENS, I always will hate the PENs. I almost hate them more than I hated the Avs, and its hard to hate Anahiem when I live 15mins from Honda Center.

Edited by WINGS TILL DEATH

I like Doan as well...he is cool guy...as for the team they are trying hard but I´m sure we´re tomorrow on the winning side.

!!!GO WINGS GO!!!

My thoughts exactly. Doan is everything a hockey player should be. He's honest, he works hard, and he's willing to get dirty.

Is that everything a hockey player should be?

What about skill, intelligence, hockey sense, scoring ability, courage, skating ability, mental toughness and tactical knowledge?

I think Doan is far from a complete hockey player. I'm not saying he lacks everything above, but those are IMO maybe the most important qualities. I of course didn't list toughness etc. because I know you already kinda mentioned them.