Thanks TeeMan!

#2 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

Regina Pats!

Edited by mjtm77, 26 April 2010 - 11:59 PM.

Posted Image

#3 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

I will s***! I hope it's true!
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#4 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:12 AM

it wont happen
Posted Image

#5 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

How would that work? They're not professionals so it's not legal to use their names and likenesses, is it?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#6 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

How would that work? They're not professionals so it's not legal to use their names and likenesses, is it?

I was wondering this too.

Perhaps they might just throw all the teams in and fill it with made up players..to add a bit of depth to your manager mode. Wouldn't be that good if that is what they chose to do.

If they somehow get all the licenses etc then it would be awesome. It does seem unlikely though.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#7 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

I was wondering this too.

Perhaps they might just throw all the teams in and fill it with made up players..to add a bit of depth to your manager mode. Wouldn't be that good if that is what they chose to do.

If they somehow get all the licenses etc then it would be awesome. It does seem unlikely though.

Not being pro only works for the NCAA. NCAA players can accept no money of any kind. Technically the players in Junior hockey receive money. It is very little but they do get paid to play. They also do not belong to a players union. They are part of the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association. The rights are held by the individual teams if I'm not mistaken. The licenses would be possible to get unlike the NCAA.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#8 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

Not being pro only works for the NCAA. NCAA players can accept no money of any kind. Technically the players in Junior hockey receive money. It is very little but they do get paid to play. They also do not belong to a players union. They are part of the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association. The rights are held by the individual teams if I'm not mistaken. The licenses would be possible to get unlike the NCAA.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm not very well versed on the ins and outs of the CHL.

Sounds promising.

Edited by crotty99, 29 April 2010 - 03:32 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#9 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

That would be very cool, now if EA Sports would just put in other Pro Leagues and make a College Hockey Game. I'd be all set.

#10 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

I hope, OHL would be awesome. This better be true Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

I hope, OHL would be awesome. This better be true Posted Image

If they could swing getting approval, I'd love to see the OHL in the game. To be able to play as the Saginaw Spirit would be very cool.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#12 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:36 PM

If they could swing getting approval, I'd love to see the OHL in the game. To be able to play as the Saginaw Spirit would be very cool.

Yeah, I love the OHL. I go to a lot of Whalers games
Posted Image

#13 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

what is the theme for this year? Last year was toughness, the year before was the skill stick. what about this year.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#14 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:05 AM

what is the theme for this year? Last year was toughness, the year before was the skill stick. what about this year.

I hope they decide to expand the GM mode. This was always the think the 2k series has had over EA.
We need the full collective bargaining agreement, things of that nature. My favourite part of the game is trying to create a solid team with good contracts. 2k had a full contract negotiation system as well, that would be awesome.

I don't really play online, so offline improvements are much more important to me.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#15 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:44 AM

Confirmed!

http://www.ontarioho...nership-p142779

Also new screenshots etc..

Posted Image

Notice the broken stick in the background? Also going to be a new physics engine.

Can't wait!

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#16 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

Can't Wait for this!!!!

EA and CHL strike deal!

The licensing agreement between EA SPORTS and the CHL allows the following to be included in NHL 11:

* Ability to play with all 60 teams that make up the CHL
* Names and Likenesses of players that are on the rosters of a CHL team
Mastercard Memorial Cup
* CHL new RBK Edge Jersey design in NHL 11
* WHL, OHL and QMJHL logos and league structures
* The CHL integration in NHL 11 will tie to several modes in the game, including Be A Pro, Be A GM, Tournament Mode, Season Mode and Playoff Mode.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#17 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

This game is going to have a physics based engine instead of animation based. This will be huge, and im excited for it. I also cant wait for the incorporation of the entire CHL. The CHL will definitely change the Be a GM game play.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

Does this mean I will be in a
Video game? I got drafted by Swift Current Broncos

Edited by mjtm77, 14 June 2010 - 12:27 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

Does this mean I will be in a
Video game? I got drafted by Swift Current Broncos

No they only put in the good players. lol jk. I just hope they fix the b.s. bugs. I got scored on in the third today by the other teams goalie while mine was in net. Lost the game. Was very happy.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#20 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

I hope they decide to expand the GM mode. This was always the think the 2k series has had over EA.
We need the full collective bargaining agreement, things of that nature. My favourite part of the game is trying to create a solid team with good contracts. 2k had a full contract negotiation system as well, that would be awesome.

I don't really play online, so offline improvements are much more important to me.

2K's GM mode off ice stuff kills EA. Ultimately though, the game play will continue to bring me back to EA because playing a 2K hockey game brings me back to the N64 days. I can't believe how brutal it is.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users