• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitYZ19

Eastern Conf.

Rate this topic

Ok...i'm still a little bitter about the finals last year BUT what are your thoughts on the east? If washington gets bounced in the first round...ugh and i HATE to say this...but I guess the pens would have the best shot of going to the finals. I think I just threw up in my mouth as I typed that. If they get back to back cups when that was supposed to be us a year ago....

Watch out for the Flyers, there defense is big and aggressive. They could possibly be the upset from East. All tho if in your case yes Pitts does have the best chances.

they're playing really well right now... I also wouldn't write off Boston, Rask is in a zone and as we all know... a hot goalie can throw a monkey wrench in everything...

If the caps lose then yes there is a very good chance the Pens will return. Philly would be the only real competition in my opinion.

However once they get to the finals I think it will be a different story. Wings/Phoenix, SJS, Chicago and Vancouver are all strong contenders.

they're playing really well right now... I also wouldn't write off Boston, Rask is in a zone and as we all know... a hot goalie can throw a monkey wrench in everything...

i would love to see Boston and Detroit play for the cup. atleast if detroit was to lose that series it wouldn't sting like losing to the pens.

just wait until next year with hopefully a healthy savard and the addition of most likely seguin.

i would love to see Boston and Detroit play for the cup. atleast if detroit was to lose that series it wouldn't sting like losing to the pens.

just wait until next year with hopefully a healthy savard and the addition of most likely seguin.

Pittsburgh will have a cakewalk to the finals again, but the good news is that any one of the remaining Western teams could beat them. The only thing they have going for them is Crosby and we all know how easily Zetterberg shuts him down every year.

Well I think it stings the same, if any team were to win it out of the east, I would rather it be Boston - the Bruins have been my favorite EC team forever...

With that said, I would LOVE the Wings to have a chance to get a rubber match with Pit, however, we need to get out of the 1st round for that to even be a possibility and tonight is NOT going to be easy...

The Eastern Conference is a joke from October to June, period. The competitive balance in the playoffs is even worse. The playoffs in the East so far are decent but with the Capitals a funky goal or two away from losing Game 7 and the series the 'gauntlet' of teams the Penguins could see heading to another final are as follows: Ottawa, Montreal, Philly/Boston. Philly's defense has gotten better and may be able to bang around the Pens, but we've thought that in the past and the Bruins are in the same boat, but after a series of hitting each other silly, the team that remains may not have enough personnel/energy left. But really, if the Capitals get knocked out Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Anointed Ones will be back to the final.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think any of the top Western teams would absolutely tear through that competition.

As soon as the Pens get knocked out the better. I don't want to hear about how they were able to repeat and the Wings weren't and with less talent overall.

Haha, Crosby won't let that happen. He's the best player to ever play the game.

Haha, Crosby won't let that happen. He's the best player to ever play the game.

Actually I prefer 7UP over Sprite. Sprite is just a little too sweet for my test. Plus 7UP is a little cheaper around here.

Montreal anyone?? :rolleyes:

Them or Boston meeting us in the Final would be awesome!! I realize that Gods team may not ever play the Habs for a Cup as long as we're alive but one can dream ??? :blush:

hell, even a Montreal v. Boston ECF would be amazing...

ECF:

Montreal v. Boston

WCF:

Detroit v. Chicago

that would be amazing... very unlikely, but it'd be amazing...

I have said since january that Pitt would be in the finals this year, again.... If washington loses in the first round, then I would almost guarantee it. Even if Washington makes it to the ECF vs Pitt, Pitt will exploit their defense much like Montreal has done... Every team left in the west is better than every team left in the east.... It is now just a matter of how much the west beats each other up.

Honestly the only team left in the East that I can really see beat Pittsburgh is Boston. They have the defense and goaltending to make it happen.

Washington? They're just proving what most people knew already, they were feeding off their weak-ass division all year and are not built for playoff hockey.

Philly? I think they only matchup great against New Jersey, against any other team they're still a mediocre team. Boucher had a good 1st round but can he keep it up against Crosby and Malkin? Doubt it.

Montreal? Give me a break. It'd be a miracle if they win against the Caps and Halak couldn't possibly put on enough performances like last night to give them to have a chance to make it far.

I have said since january that Pitt would be in the finals this year, again.... If washington loses in the first round, then I would almost guarantee it. Even if Washington makes it to the ECF vs Pitt, Pitt will exploit their defense much like Montreal has done... Every team left in the west is better than every team left in the east.... It is now just a matter of how much the west beats each other up.

A pens v caps matchup will be very interesting. As much as I think the pens will expose the caps weak D, you can't really ignore the fact that they went 0-5 against the caps this year. NJ were 1-5 or something against Philly and look what happened to them.

I was just about to make a topic about this.

Yeah, if Montreal upsets Washington, I think the Pens would make it back to the finals. Especially since that would make their second round opponent the Habs, who although they stand poised to upset the Caps, I honestly don't think they could do it to the Pens.

Our best chance of seeing the Pens golfing early, is them facing the Flyers in the Conference Finals. How would we feel about the Flyers if the Wings made it to their 3rd cup finals in a row? I personally feel like the Wings can take on any opponent, but obviously that doesn't guaruntee them a win (last years game 7 wound hasn't healed).

I just would hate to see the Pens in the finals, poised to repeat a year after the Wings couldn't get it done. You know we'd never hear the end of it as fans, if this nightmare transpired.

I just would hate to see the Pens in the finals, poised to repeat a year after the Wings couldn't get it done. You know we'd never hear the end of it as fans, if this nightmare transpired.

If the Caps blow Game 7, the Pens will have a free trip to the Finals, pretty much like last year when two of the top 3 seeds got knocked out before the Pens could face them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pens vs Wings III. Complete the trilogy and like all good trilogies, the good guys win the first one, the bad guys always win the second one and the good guys finish it off with a final decisive win. Could you imagine the Wings winning the Cup in the final game at Mellon Arena? HA!!

At this point, I'm not too sure that Washington could beat Pittsburgh.

The Pens are a more complete team than Washington, despite what happened between them in the regular season. The Caps just look like total s*** right now.

If the Caps blow Game 7, the Pens will have a free trip to the Finals, pretty much like last year when two of the top 3 seeds got knocked out before the Pens could face them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pens vs Wings III. Complete the trilogy and like all good trilogies, the good guys win the first one, the bad guys always win the second one and the good guys finish it off with a final decisive win. Could you imagine the Wings winning the Cup in the final game at Mellon Arena? HA!!

The way the Wings are playing right now, we'd be lucky to make it to the second round.