• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitYZ19

Eastern Conf.

Rate this topic

i would love to see Boston and Detroit play for the cup. atleast if detroit was to lose that series it wouldn't sting like losing to the pens.

just wait until next year with hopefully a healthy savard and the addition of most likely seguin.

So would the league! That would be a ratings dream for the NHL.

Guest scottj

Could you imagine the Wings winning the Cup in the final game at Mellon Arena? HA!!

I would totally get a boner if that happened and maybe even cream my pants

I would totally get a boner if that happened and maybe even cream my pants

Lets not look ahead of ourselves, we're not even out of the first round and if they play like they did last game, they won't be doing anything but golfing this off season... they need a big effort tonight...

Lets not look ahead of ourselves, we're not even out of the first round and if they play like they did last game, they won't be doing anything but golfing this off season... they need a big effort tonight...

exactly...i for one am not too optimistic right now. the ******* game needs to start already with a good hard nosed start by the wings to calm my nerves a bit. i couldn't sleep worth s*** last night!

exactly...i for one am not too optimistic right now. the ******* game needs to start already with a good hard nosed start by the wings to calm my nerves a bit. i couldn't sleep worth s*** last night!

I agree... I've been uneasy as hell all day... I think I'm going to need a beer as soon as I get home just to calm down...

Guest scottj

I've been calm today for some reason... last year before game 7 I was at work n reading about the teams all day n I was sweating just thinkin about it

I dunno, I've got faith in our vets and our experience this time around... if we don't win it tonight, then we don't deserve to get to the second round WHODA THUNK IT?

I'm not sold on Philly. I just can't see Bobby Boucher (yes, I know his name is Brian - I don't care :P) keeping up that level of play against a team that actually tries to score.

Don't forget that they also lost Gagné and Carter...

The sad thing is, if Pittsburgh were in the West, I'd be shocked if they got out of the second round. Instead, they're getting a cakewalk to the Finals for the third straight year. The only legit team they've played in the East the last three years was Washington last year.

Even if Washington gets passed Montreal, which is far from certain, Pittsburgh is all but guarenteed to go to the finals.

Philly - without Carter and Gagne won't have the offence to keep up and Boucher can only do so much

Boston - Rask and their d can only contain pitts for so long until their lack of scoring eventualyl does them in

Wash - their PP has been their down fall and even if they advance and their PP kicks in the lack of production from Semin and Green stings. Their D wont be able to contain the Pens and will be exposed just as they were last year.

Mtl - if they win and somehow magically their offence continues on this hot streak (which is unlikely) their D will get exposed (as it should have, and has at times, against Wash).

It pains me to say but the Pens are walking to the finals because the East is so disgustingly weak.

You do realize that all this sudden talk of the Pens being the favorite out of the east means we'll s*** the bed, get some freak injuries and be done. :unsure:

In all seriousness though, nothing is guaranteed. I think the Devils would have been the worst matchup out of anyone for the Pens, for whatever reason, Lemaire and Marty completely sat on us and suffocated us all year. We could score on the Caps this year, but never the Devils. I still don't like to count the Caps out because they're so dangerous and talented when they're on, but going to 7 this early on and lack of deep playoff experience does hurt them and make them more beatable than before.

But anything could still happen, my biggest concern in general is them being able to stay healthy. Ever since 93 I've learned to never assume or take anything for granted, it doesn't take much to change an entire series.

Edited by Free_Candy

Watch out for the Flyers, there defense is big and aggressive. They could possibly be the upset from East. All tho if in your case yes Pitts does have the best chances.

Too bad they lost two of their biggest offensive threats in Carter and Briere.

they lost carter and gagne. and richards is their biggest offensive threat.

This is inaccurate. Carter is, he regularly scores more and generates more offense. Richards out scored him this season by ONE point in 8 more games. Richards was a beast against the Devils but it is more than safe to say that Carter was not healthy.

I hope Montreal wins. I hate the Caps. How pleasing would it be if they eliminated Ovechkin AND then eliminated Crosby?!

Edited by superstarsingh

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i too will root for anyone if the wings lose tonight. if the habs win tomorrow i will be hoping for an all canadian final (habs/canucks)

its a long shot but hey...ill take eagle :D

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Philadelphia losing carter is like us having zetterberg and not datsyuk or vice versca, to the flyers not have carter, and only richards

they're playing really well right now... I also wouldn't write off Boston, Rask is in a zone and as we all know... a hot goalie can throw a monkey wrench in everything...

Agreed. Boston is basically a Western team that plays in the East. They've got the tools to dominate defensively and shut the Pens down.

Agreed. Boston is basically a Western team that plays in the East. They've got the tools to dominate defensively and shut the Pens down.

:lol: :lol: Thanks for the laugh. They are too slow defensively.