• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Coyotes 1

Rate this topic

I am not going to be shocked if the Wings lose today. They let the Coyotes took the momentum of the series and showed the inconsistent effort throughout the entire series. Still, I am going to be happy with the Wings' win tonight but the chance is half and half.

I think it will not even close game. One team will outplay the another. Hopefully the Wings finally show up today.

Looks like Doan is out. Per the article at puck daddy.

(UPDATE: Greg Brady of AM640 in Toronto reports that Doan wanted to dress and the coaching staff wouldn't let him, so he's out for Game 7. Wow. They've won without him before; they'll have to do it again.)

Cant read twitter from work, not sure if its legit. Either way, they won last game without him...I guess every little bit helps.

Looks like Doan is out. Per the article at puck daddy.

(UPDATE: Greg Brady of AM640 in Toronto reports that Doan wanted to dress and the coaching staff wouldn't let him, so he's out for Game 7. Wow. They've won without him before; they'll have to do it again.)

Cant read twitter from work, not sure if its legit. Either way, they won last game without him...I guess every little bit helps.

That's crazy. That incident didn't even seem like something that would keep a player out of playoffs games for this long, especially TWO series clinching games like game 6 and tonight's 7... Must have been worse then it actually looked I guess.

Guest mindfly

WHAT THE f*** IS UP WITH RAFALSKI!?

Defenseman Brian Rafalski was the only Red Wings player who didn't skate, but he will play.

So he hasn't been practicing since before game3.. jesus freakin christ...he must be injured badly if he can't practice

Guest mindfly

But he can still play in games doesn't mean anything to you...?

Nope one must practice or he's worthless

Guest REDWINGSFTW

You guys who think its weird doan isnt playing should realize that Doan is a gametime decision meaning he is still hurt but could go.

But whats the point of him going out there if he cant throw his body like he was earlier in the series? His game is physical, he cant be confident in the way he plays if hes afraid he will hurt himself on a check. The guys a horse

You guys who think its weird doan isnt playing should realize that Doan is a gametime decision meaning he is still hurt but could go.

But whats the point of him going out there if he cant throw his body like he was earlier in the series? His game is physical, he cant be confident in the way he plays if hes afraid he will hurt himself on a check. The guys a horse

He isn't a game time decision. He won't be playing.

3-1 wings (Bert, Raffi, Kronner)

Yotes are nervous, wings make em pay. :thumbup:

This is what I'm hoping will happen. The pressure is mostly on the Yotes because of home ice. And they're almost franchiseless. What the hell?! They probably will get penalties and our boyz just HAVE to take advantage of them. OF COURSE the Wings can kick their asses. They just have to play like they know it.

He completed a full training session but is still not decided on if he will actually play or not.

My guess is that he will play, unless it's alot worse than they are letting on, I don't imagine he would want to miss this chance.

s***. <_<

Edited by Vladifan

Ok.....we've tried ranting, cursing, analyzing, and all means of Hockey philosophy to try and coax a win..

How about Lord Stanley's prayer........

Our Red Wings who art in Phoenix, Hockey be thy name.

Thy will be done when the cup is won, on our ice & in our stands. Give us this day plentiful goals.

Forgive our penalties, but we won't forgive those who cross check against us.

Lead us not into elimination but deliver us to victory.

In the name of all the Redwing Fans, Lord Stanley & the Red Wing Players.

Amen..

That said......LET'S KICK SOME TONIGHT GUYS.......

GET IT DONE!!!!!!

Guest REDWINGSFTW

This is what I'm hoping will happen. The pressure is mostly on the Yotes because of home ice. And they're almost franchiseless. What the hell?! They probably will get penalties and our boyz just HAVE to take advantage of them. OF COURSE the Wings can kick their asses. They just have to play like they know it.

If we do not play our hearts out we lose. No way the Yotes are going to give us a half ass effort, they aren't the sharks, or any other overconfident team, they want to win, and believe they can win.

He isn't a game time decision. He won't be playing.

Thanks for the update man, but point is he wanted to play, but the team and organization know he cant make his physical presence felt out there partly injured, especially his shoulder. Sure hes skilled but his physical presence is what screams ''Im the captain, follow my lead''

If we do not play our hearts out we lose. No way the Yotes are going to give us a half ass effort, they aren't the sharks, or any other overconfident team, they want to win, and believe they can win.

I couldn't agree more about playing our hearts out. But I repeat. The Coyotes will (hopefully) take an inordinate amount of penalties that hopefully will be called and the Wings have to take advantage of them. And I still say the pressure is on them more than us.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

I couldn't agree more about playing our hearts out. But I repeat. The Coyotes will (hopefully) take an inordinate amount of penalties that hopefully will be called and the Wings have to take advantage of them. And I still say the pressure is on them more than us.

I think Flips gonna be huge in this game, also schnieder makes a huge difference on the PP and actually shoots when ever he wants and finds lanes easily, i hate those shots.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

TSN reports Doan is out. Dont know if thats good or bad, wont be able to watch tonight, I really really hope we pull it out tonight. Spring hockey without Detroit is just weird.

Its more good for us, his physical prescence does make a difference, but dam that moved schnieder in the lineup and hes beasting on PP