• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Coyotes 1

Rate this topic

Guest REDWINGSFTW

I remember a certain game seven eight years ago. I hope the result is the same.

Ye i was 4 when i started watching hockey, automatically loved wings, it was 98, so yeah im pretty young, but ive started by watching winning, and dont want it to end, my whole life was graced with wings playoff hockey :P

Thanks for the update man, but point is he wanted to play, but the team and organization know he cant make his physical presence felt out there partly injured, especially his shoulder. Sure hes skilled but his physical presence is what screams ''Im the captain, follow my lead''

What are you saying? You think he could play but because he can't hit hard they are leaving their captain and leading point scorer out of the lineup? If Doan isn't playing he is seriously hurt not mildly dinged up.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

What are you saying? You think he could play but because he can't hit hard they are leaving their captain and leading point scorer out of the lineup? If Doan isn't playing he is seriously hurt not mildly dinged up.

Actually thats totally possible, and you can still hit hard when mildly dinged up, just gotta suck it up, of course his injury is serious.

Guest DetroitBoy313

Don't think the Wings will pull this off.I'm just being completely honest with you guys,and it has nothing to with negativity.It was in the stars for Phx even before this series started.They've never won a playoff series as the Coyotes,they're on the verge of not even having a team in Phoenix.What a way to win their first playoff series and against a great rich franchise like the Red Wings.Sorry guys but the playoffs for us ends tonight and it maybe Nicklas Lidstroms last game in his long successful history as A Detroit Red Wing.

Edited by DetroitBoy313

Ye i was 4 when i started watching hockey, automatically loved wings, it was 98, so yeah im pretty young, but ive started by watching winning, and dont want it to end, my whole life was graced with wings playoff hockey :P

Right on! They have only missed it once in my lifetime and that one time they missed out I was baby. I feel old even though I am only 21!

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Right on! They have only missed it once in my lifetime and that one time they missed out I was baby. I feel old even though I am only 21!

Hell yeah man i dont want this to end, of course i never missed playoff hockey yet.

All sports are great, and can be compared which ones are better throughout the regular season. But when playoffs come the distinct level of excitement in the game of hockey just blows the others away. Someone who has never watched hockey can get into it. Its that good.

Hell yeah man i dont want this to end, of course i never missed playoff hockey yet.

All sports are great, and can be compared which ones are better throughout the regular season. But when playoffs come the distinct level of excitement in the game of hockey just blows the others away. Someone who has never watched hockey can get into it. Its that good.

Playoff hockey is the best, nothing compares. The speed, the hitting and the players will to win. I hate to praise a Coyote on this day but Jovanovski defined what playoff hockey is about when he blocked that shot, rived in pain and got up and proceeded to play in the same shift.

I hope to be able to watch most if not all of the game, but I'm not sure. I have to report for jury duty in the morning and that means getting up at 5 am to be there by 8. The Wings better have the game wrapped up by about 10:30 so I can go to bed. :lol:

The fact no Doan in the Yotes may be the advantage but that means not huge. The Wings just got outplayed by the Yotes several times in this series without Doan and the Wings' inconsistent effort can cause their first round exit tonight. I want to be positive as much as possible but I think the Yotes have better shots to go to the second round.

The only thing I can expect in my head now is Howard being yesterday's Halak and finally our players play their best tonight.

Shane Doan not in tonight as per Phoenix Radio Station

MLIVE

Per Pro Hockey Talk's Brandon Worley and AM 640's Greg Brady:

Greg Brady/Twitter: Coyotes have decided Shane Doan won't dress tonight. He wanted to - coaching staff didn't think he was ready.

Edited by sixer

Every time I drink, the Wings win. Labatt's has always been my superstition too. I'm stocked up and ready to drink my way to a Game 7 victory after staying dry on Sunday...we got this! :siren:

+1 for that fine choice of beer. If I didn't have an 8am final tomorrow I would be right there with ya.

Edit: Oh snap this is my 420th post... I think I will stop posting forever now :hehe: :smokin: :hat:

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

+1 for that fine choice of beer. If I didn't have an 8am final tomorrow I would be right there with ya.

No finals for me until Friday! Lucky me :thumbup:

Don't think the Wings will pull this off.I'm just being completely honest with you guys,and it has nothing to with negativity.It was in the stars for Phx even before this series started.They've never won a playoff series as the Coyotes,they're on the verge of not even having a team in Phoenix.What a way to win their first playoff series and against a great rich franchise like the Red Wings.Sorry guys but the playoffs for us ends tonight and it maybe Nicklas Lidstroms last game in his long successful history as A Detroit Red Wing.

:nono:

Firstly, this won't be Lids last game. He's still a top D man in this league, regardless of the lesser production he's had this year. And while everyone is entitled to their own opinion on whether they expect him to return or not, I hate reading comments like that because I for one, am not ready to see Lids go.

Secondly, I disagree with everything else you said. After reading it, I wish I never had read, as that's just a huge mood killer.