• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Coyotes 1

Rate this topic

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom. If these guys all have big games, this is the result. Everyone was great though, Helm wouldn't let go of the puck, Flip was flying, everything was clicking. Magnifique.

Except Franzen. Thanks for being the excuse we could use all season for why we were going to kick ass in the playoffs, though.

So long, desert dogs. Hello, guppies.

Nice to see this many posts for a good game again. Where's all of our regular season trolls?

Their brains have probably collectively imploded, trying to come up with something to whine/***** about.

Dibs on the burnette :lol:

Dibs on the Brunette.

You guys said it! :D

There's a 50/50 chance they're already Wings fans.

With any sense, yes. Brunette is clearly doing the 'secretely I'm cheering so I'll look away' pose.

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom. If these guys all have big games, this is the result. Everyone was great though, Helm wouldn't let go of the puck, Flip was flying, everything was clicking. Magnifique.

Except Franzen. Thanks for being the excuse we could use all season for why we were going to kick ass in the playoffs, though.

While I agree that Franzen left a lot to be desired in the series, the guy did finish at a point per game clip (1 goal, 6 assists) and had some big moments in the series. Nonetheless, Franzen is clearly not consistently playing at the beast level that we have come to expect from his performances in the last two playoff runs. With that said, this team could theoretically find a whole other gear if Franzen can turn into the Mule full time against the Sharks.

I think that he'll get there. And, if not, if he can continue to put up a point per game while the rest of the big boys pick up the slack and the Wings keep winning, I'll be plenty content.

Well this was a strange series but when push came to shove the victors were still the DRW. I know it's only round 1 but winning Game 7 on the road is definitely worth celebrating!

P.S. That second period was flat out the best 20 minutes of hockey this year!

Nice to see the fans cheering like that, and the players saluting them. Who knows, maybe this will spur something in Phoenix.

Try as I might, I couldn't really must a lot of hate for the Coyotes. They weren't especially deep on talent, but were hard working and showed a lot of heart.

Considering I wasn't sure this team would even make the playoffs, it's great to see the Wings moving on to the second round.

Well we have watched teams like this knock of the wings in the past: LA, Edmonton, Calgary... But kudos to the boys for matching and surpassing the grit. Thats the thing - if you match the grit then only then will talent win out. We did it tonight!

Yup - still waiting for the Mule who is currently playing as his other genetic donkey half.

While I agree that Franzen left a lot to be desired in the series, the guy did finish at a point per game clip (1 goal, 6 assists) and had some big moments in the series. Nonetheless, Franzen is clearly not consistently playing at the beast level that we have come to expect from his performances in the last two playoff runs. With that said, this team could theoretically find a whole other gear if Franzen can turn into the Mule full time against the Sharks.

I think that he'll get there. And, if not, if he can continue to put up a point per game while the rest of the big boys pick up the slack and the Wings keep winning, I'll be plenty content.

I've been critical of Franzen this series, but in retrospect, we have not had this much health in the playoffs after round 1 in a while. Dats, Z, Flip are playing great. If we can get Mule activated and our 3rd and 4th lines playing like tonight we are fine on the offensive side and neutral zone with the puck. I'm not sold on the D side yet. That's been our downfall in the past, so hopefully Jimmie will can elevate and carry the defense thru what will be some trying times.

With all the talk about Lidstrom on 97.1 today... im so glad he shut up all the fairweather fans that were calling him old and tired and saying he should retire

Any sane person knows an athlete will eventually slow down as they get older but Lidstrom can still be a top 20 d-man in the league for at least 2-3 years because of his God given ability and even then i hope he keeps playing maybe not in the first pairing but as long as he feels he can help this team i want him playing... 2 goals tonight... 25 minutes played... eff ya Nick EFF YA! :clap:

Stuart showing soft hands... :yowza:

Datsyuk playing like a man possessed... :banana:

Howard backing up his words with his play and bouncing back again after a tough loss. :clap:

At times the possession by the Wings was just flawless, such a complete game from the team all around.

GO WINGS!!!!!!

Put Ozzie in.

We all wanted to see him play game 7.

:hehe:

Probably a(nother) dumb question, but if Ozzie doesn't play during the playoffs, can he still get his name on the Cup? Honestly, I can't remember how they work that. :blink:

It was Bettman.

I'm sitting here picturing that. :hysterical:

Probably a(nother) dumb question, but if Ozzie doesn't play during the playoffs, can he still get his name on the Cup? Honestly, I can't remember how they work that. :blink:

i think you have to play in 41 regular season games or 1 stanley cup final game. i doubt it'll happen for osgood.

i think you have to play in 41 regular season games or 1 stanley cup final game. i doubt it'll happen for osgood.

Osgood was listed on the roster for the minimum amount of games. It is based on being in the active roster for X games, not actually physically being on the ice.

Every year I think this question has to be answered. It is like the "WHAT'S WITH DA WINGZ JERZY FONT?" question in the preseason.

Whoever said Franzen had a bad game needs to stab themselves in the jaw. He had a huge hit, was physical all around, and helped make plays happen.

Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he had a bad game.

Edited by Doc Holliday

did anyone else see the dangerous trip on zetterberg when he followed stuart after stuart scored? a coyote defenseman trips z and he goes headfirst into the boards. looked intentional too. not very classy, neither was the beer bottle throwing lol.

great game though, loved the boys effort out there. i havent been that comfortable watching a wings game in a while.

did anyone else see the dangerous trip on zetterberg when he followed stuart after stuart scored? a coyote defenseman trips z and he goes headfirst into the boards. looked intentional too. not very classy, neither was the beer bottle throwing lol.

great game though, loved the boys effort out there. i havent been that comfortable watching a wings game in a while.

It was Yandle. The guy is a ******* c*** on skates.

I've been critical of Franzen this series, but in retrospect, we have not had this much health in the playoffs after round 1 in a while. Dats, Z, Flip are playing great. If we can get Mule activated and our 3rd and 4th lines playing like tonight we are fine on the offensive side and neutral zone with the puck. I'm not sold on the D side yet. That's been our downfall in the past, so hopefully Jimmie will can elevate and carry the defense thru what will be some trying times.

I too have been critical, but the amazing stat is that he scored a point in everyone of the games in the series tieing a redwings record. CRAZY!

You really have to remember that the guy had a major injury and recovery typically takes a year to reach your peak. He is a beast, but needs to show himself as one on the scoresheet.

Edited by servo