• Please log in to reply
1511 replies to this topic

#81 Zenith

Zenith

Legend

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

I am not going to be shocked if the Wings lose today. They let the Coyotes took the momentum of the series and showed the inconsistent effort throughout the entire series. Still, I am going to be happy with the Wings' win tonight but the chance is half and half.

I think it will not even close game. One team will outplay the another. Hopefully the Wings finally show up today.

The ZENITH of real hockey, The Detroit Red Wings

#82 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

Jimmy has to play a real good game to win here. Really hope he handles the pressure well.

Let's Go Red Wings!

#83 WingNutNorCal

WingNutNorCal

NorCalWingNut

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

Looks like Doan is out. Per the article at puck daddy.
(UPDATE: Greg Brady of AM640 in Toronto reports that Doan wanted to dress and the coaching staff wouldn't let him, so he's out for Game 7. Wow. They've won without him before; they'll have to do it again.)

Cant read twitter from work, not sure if its legit. Either way, they won last game without him...I guess every little bit helps.

#84 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

Looks like Doan is out. Per the article at puck daddy.
(UPDATE: Greg Brady of AM640 in Toronto reports that Doan wanted to dress and the coaching staff wouldn't let him, so he's out for Game 7. Wow. They've won without him before; they'll have to do it again.)

Cant read twitter from work, not sure if its legit. Either way, they won last game without him...I guess every little bit helps.

That's crazy. That incident didn't even seem like something that would keep a player out of playoffs games for this long, especially TWO series clinching games like game 6 and tonight's 7... Must have been worse then it actually looked I guess.

#85 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

LETS GO RED WINGS, WIN IT I HAVE FAITH

And let the octopi fly
IPB Image

#86 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

WHAT THE f*** IS UP WITH RAFALSKI!?

Defenseman Brian Rafalski was the only Red Wings player who didn't skate, but he will play.

So he hasn't been practicing since before game3.. jesus freakin christ...he must be injured badly if he can't practice

#87 OldMan333

OldMan333

Attitudes Are Contagious

• 49 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

Time to ROCK AND ROLL.
PEDAL TO THE METAL
LET'S GO WINGS!!!!!

#88 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

he must be injured badly if he can't practice

But he can still play in games doesn't mean anything to you...?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#89 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

But he can still play in games doesn't mean anything to you...?

Nope one must practice or he's worthless

#90 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

You guys who think its weird doan isnt playing should realize that Doan is a gametime decision meaning he is still hurt but could go.

But whats the point of him going out there if he cant throw his body like he was earlier in the series? His game is physical, he cant be confident in the way he plays if hes afraid he will hurt himself on a check. The guys a horse

#91 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

You guys who think its weird doan isnt playing should realize that Doan is a gametime decision meaning he is still hurt but could go.

But whats the point of him going out there if he cant throw his body like he was earlier in the series? His game is physical, he cant be confident in the way he plays if hes afraid he will hurt himself on a check. The guys a horse

He isn't a game time decision. He won't be playing.

#92 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

3-1 wings (Bert, Raffi, Kronner)
Yotes are nervous, wings make em pay. :thumbup:

This is what I'm hoping will happen. The pressure is mostly on the Yotes because of home ice. And they're almost franchiseless. What the hell?! They probably will get penalties and our boyz just HAVE to take advantage of them. OF COURSE the Wings can kick their asses. They just have to play like they know it.

He completed a full training session but is still not decided on if he will actually play or not.

My guess is that he will play, unless it's alot worse than they are letting on, I don't imagine he would want to miss this chance.

s***. <_<

Edited by Vladifan, 27 April 2010 - 05:07 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#93 TACKS

TACKS

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

Ok.....we've tried ranting, cursing, analyzing, and all means of Hockey philosophy to try and coax a win..

How about Lord Stanley's prayer........

Our Red Wings who art in Phoenix, Hockey be thy name.
Thy will be done when the cup is won, on our ice & in our stands. Give us this day plentiful goals.
Forgive our penalties, but we won't forgive those who cross check against us.
Lead us not into elimination but deliver us to victory.
In the name of all the Redwing Fans, Lord Stanley & the Red Wing Players.
Amen..

That said......LET'S KICK SOME TONIGHT GUYS.......
GET IT DONE!!!!!!
There can be only one.

#94 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

This is what I'm hoping will happen. The pressure is mostly on the Yotes because of home ice. And they're almost franchiseless. What the hell?! They probably will get penalties and our boyz just HAVE to take advantage of them. OF COURSE the Wings can kick their asses. They just have to play like they know it.

If we do not play our hearts out we lose. No way the Yotes are going to give us a half ass effort, they aren't the sharks, or any other overconfident team, they want to win, and believe they can win.

He isn't a game time decision. He won't be playing.

Thanks for the update man, but point is he wanted to play, but the team and organization know he cant make his physical presence felt out there partly injured, especially his shoulder. Sure hes skilled but his physical presence is what screams ''Im the captain, follow my lead''

#95 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image

Yeah, and they found Noah'sf****** Ark too! GO WINGS!!!

#96 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

4-2 Detroit
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#97 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:20 PM

If we do not play our hearts out we lose. No way the Yotes are going to give us a half ass effort, they aren't the sharks, or any other overconfident team, they want to win, and believe they can win.

I couldn't agree more about playing our hearts out. But I repeat. The Coyotes will (hopefully) take an inordinate amount of penalties that hopefully will be called and the Wings have to take advantage of them. And I still say the pressure is on them more than us.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#98 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

I couldn't agree more about playing our hearts out. But I repeat. The Coyotes will (hopefully) take an inordinate amount of penalties that hopefully will be called and the Wings have to take advantage of them. And I still say the pressure is on them more than us.

I think Flips gonna be huge in this game, also schnieder makes a huge difference on the PP and actually shoots when ever he wants and finds lanes easily, i hate those shots.

#99 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

TSN reports Doan is out. Dont know if thats good or bad, wont be able to watch tonight, I really really hope we pull it out tonight. Spring hockey without Detroit is just weird.

#NOMOREKINDL

#100 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

TSN reports Doan is out. Dont know if thats good or bad, wont be able to watch tonight, I really really hope we pull it out tonight. Spring hockey without Detroit is just weird.

Its more good for us, his physical prescence does make a difference, but dam that moved schnieder in the lineup and hes beasting on PP