• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Coyotes 1

Rate this topic

Wings management could petition to have him added, but he doesn't meet the criteria.

However, I don't see what 'extenuating circumstances' that Ozzy would have gone through except getting outplayed by Howard.

To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.

Probably a(nother) dumb question, but if Ozzie doesn't play during the playoffs, can he still get his name on the Cup? Honestly, I can't remember how they work that. :blink:

Wings management could petition to have him added, but he doesn't meet the criteria.

However, I don't see what 'extenuating circumstances' that Ozzy would have gone through except getting outplayed by Howard.

To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.

Yes he does. He is listed on the active roster.

Guest Lidstromboli

crosby possessed all of the wings players so they could dominate for once

Thank you Wings for the great game and congratulations to the Yotes on a great series and season.

Do you know the way to San Jose? Got some harpoons for that Shark Tank.

LET'S GO WINGS

Ps anyone have an updated schedule for the series? Thanks!

to ANYONE who is bashing the MULE:

he is playing damn good for someone coming off major knee injury

rememeber fisher's knee, dare i say hatcher's knee,

these are AT LEAST ONE YEAR for a FULL RECOVERY for playoff game shape.

Franzen came back super early and is playing pretty f'ing well!!

I like our chances now

redemption 2010

Guest Blackhawkdown

Congrats on your win tonight, the San Jose series should be a great one.

Chicago/Vancouver

Detroit/San Jose

Should be some great hockey for the next couple weeks.

i was pissed at the time, but whoever dragged that guy down to make it 5 on 3 did it with authority like ive never seen !

It was Stuart. He also said it was a penalty he HAD to take and good job to the guys for killing it :lol:

That's the way to respond in a 7th game. I certainly thought it would come down to late in the 3rd period or go to OT, but we'll always take a breather like this. :)

Now let's continue this against the Sharks.

It was Stuart. He also said it was a penalty he HAD to take and good job to the guys for killing it :lol:

It pretty much was a penalty he had to take.

If I remember correctly, it was basically a guy on the open side of the net with the puck bouncing his way.

Besides, Stuart sure made up for it when he got out of the penalty box. :D

If the back up goalie dresses for the game, it counts as one of the 41 or 1 for cup purposes even if he doesn't get onto the ice during the actual game. Odd to see the question come up because it's been that way as long as I remember.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Pavel Datsyuk is the best raw talent player ever. Take a good look at him boys and girls, cause once he is gone we may not see another like him.

Just saw some of the post-game interviews of Phoenix players and Tippet. They were like in awe of what happened to them.

NHL Post Game Interviews

Tippet: "It was more like a hurricane than a storm. We had no answer for them. They just turned it up to another level that we couldn't get to."

Edited by RedWingsRox

Osgood was listed on the roster for the minimum amount of games. It is based on being in the active roster for X games, not actually physically being on the ice.

Every year I think this question has to be answered. It is like the "WHAT'S WITH DA WINGZ JERZY FONT?" question in the preseason.

Whoever said Franzen had a bad game needs to stab themselves in the jaw. He had a huge hit, was physical all around, and helped make plays happen.

Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he had a bad game.

I want to thank you profusely Doc, for your answer on Osgood. I'm really sorry though that I took up so much of your valuable time. :)

Edited by Vladifan