• Please log in to reply
1511 replies to this topic

#1461 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

Why didn't schneider just throw his walker at Stewie?

:rotflmao:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1462 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

Congrats to the Yotes. They put up a fight but the Wings game through big. Here we come Sharks
40 for life.

#1463 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

You guys said it! :D

With any sense, yes. Brunette is clearly doing the 'secretely I'm cheering so I'll look away' pose.

MUST double check spelling

#1464 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:40 PM

While I agree that Franzen left a lot to be desired in the series, the guy did finish at a point per game clip (1 goal, 6 assists) and had some big moments in the series. Nonetheless, Franzen is clearly not consistently playing at the beast level that we have come to expect from his performances in the last two playoff runs. With that said, this team could theoretically find a whole other gear if Franzen can turn into the Mule full time against the Sharks.

I think that he'll get there. And, if not, if he can continue to put up a point per game while the rest of the big boys pick up the slack and the Wings keep winning, I'll be plenty content.

I've been critical of Franzen this series, but in retrospect, we have not had this much health in the playoffs after round 1 in a while. Dats, Z, Flip are playing great. If we can get Mule activated and our 3rd and 4th lines playing like tonight we are fine on the offensive side and neutral zone with the puck. I'm not sold on the D side yet. That's been our downfall in the past, so hopefully Jimmie will can elevate and carry the defense thru what will be some trying times.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#1465 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

With all the talk about Lidstrom on 97.1 today... im so glad he shut up all the fairweather fans that were calling him old and tired and saying he should retire

Any sane person knows an athlete will eventually slow down as they get older but Lidstrom can still be a top 20 d-man in the league for at least 2-3 years because of his God given ability and even then i hope he keeps playing maybe not in the first pairing but as long as he feels he can help this team i want him playing... 2 goals tonight... 25 minutes played... eff ya Nick EFF YA! :clap:

Stuart showing soft hands... :yowza:

Datsyuk playing like a man possessed... :banana:

Howard backing up his words with his play and bouncing back again after a tough loss. :clap:

At times the possession by the Wings was just flawless, such a complete game from the team all around.

GO WINGS!!!!!!

#1466 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

Nice a double minor. Stick it to 'em!

Why'd he get a double minor? :blink: Couldn't quite figure that one out. Could have been because I was running around the room yelling?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1467 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

Just wanna say great game by the Wings, from start to finish they looked great!
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#1468 HelmerFan

HelmerFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

Thank you wings for playing like it was game 7.

#1469 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:50 PM

Put Ozzie in.

We all wanted to see him play game 7.

:hehe:

Probably a(nother) dumb question, but if Ozzie doesn't play during the playoffs, can he still get his name on the Cup? Honestly, I can't remember how they work that. :blink:

It was Bettman.

I'm sitting here picturing that. :hysterical:

#1470 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

Thanks for proving me wrong Red wings :clap:

:) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#1471 bigpatky

bigpatky

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:08 AM

Probably a(nother) dumb question, but if Ozzie doesn't play during the playoffs, can he still get his name on the Cup? Honestly, I can't remember how they work that. :blink:

i think you have to play in 41 regular season games or 1 stanley cup final game. i doubt it'll happen for osgood.

#1472 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

i think you have to play in 41 regular season games or 1 stanley cup final game. i doubt it'll happen for osgood.

Osgood was listed on the roster for the minimum amount of games. It is based on being in the active roster for X games, not actually physically being on the ice.

Every year I think this question has to be answered. It is like the "WHAT'S WITH DA WINGZ JERZY FONT?" question in the preseason.

Whoever said Franzen had a bad game needs to stab themselves in the jaw. He had a huge hit, was physical all around, and helped make plays happen.

Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he had a bad game.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 28 April 2010 - 12:13 AM.

Posted Image

#1473 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

did anyone else see the dangerous trip on zetterberg when he followed stuart after stuart scored? a coyote defenseman trips z and he goes headfirst into the boards. looked intentional too. not very classy, neither was the beer bottle throwing lol.

great game though, loved the boys effort out there. i havent been that comfortable watching a wings game in a while.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#1474 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

did anyone else see the dangerous trip on zetterberg when he followed stuart after stuart scored? a coyote defenseman trips z and he goes headfirst into the boards. looked intentional too. not very classy, neither was the beer bottle throwing lol.

great game though, loved the boys effort out there. i havent been that comfortable watching a wings game in a while.

It was Yandle. The guy is af****** c*** on skates.

Posted Image

#1475 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

I've been critical of Franzen this series, but in retrospect, we have not had this much health in the playoffs after round 1 in a while. Dats, Z, Flip are playing great. If we can get Mule activated and our 3rd and 4th lines playing like tonight we are fine on the offensive side and neutral zone with the puck. I'm not sold on the D side yet. That's been our downfall in the past, so hopefully Jimmie will can elevate and carry the defense thru what will be some trying times.

I too have been critical, but the amazing stat is that he scored a point in everyone of the games in the series tieing a redwings record. CRAZY!

You really have to remember that the guy had a major injury and recovery typically takes a year to reach your peak. He is a beast, but needs to show himself as one on the scoresheet.

Edited by servo, 28 April 2010 - 12:17 AM.

I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#1476 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:17 AM

Life is awesome. :D
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#1477 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:19 AM

Wings management could petition to have him added, but he doesn't meet the criteria.

However, I don't see what 'extenuating circumstances' that Ozzy would have gone through except getting outplayed by Howard.

To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#1478 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

It was Yandle. The guy is af****** c*** on skates.

I also found it hilarious that the article about how all Wings fans lack class was written before game 7,claiming that Wings fans are obnoxious,yet a bottle gets thrown on the ice during play near the end of the game.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1479 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:24 AM

Wings management could petition to have him added, but he doesn't meet the criteria.

However, I don't see what 'extenuating circumstances' that Ozzy would have gone through except getting outplayed by Howard.

To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.

Yes he does. He is listed on the active roster.

Posted Image

#1480 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

crosby possessed all of the wings players so they could dominate for once

Posted Image