• Please log in to reply
1511 replies to this topic

#1501 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

Even the announcers were on Mule saying he needed to step up and then in the next breath they talk about he is the first Red Wing in like 35 years to score points in all 7 games of a 7 game series. Yeah that sounds like suck to me? What?

That line has been a puck possession machine(with Cleary or Holmer) and the only thing that kept Franzen from being the Mule was a man nicknamed Bryz!

He was stoned on great doorstep chances and beautiful shots from the dots. Did everyone forget how well their goalie played, already?

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#1502 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:16 AM

Probably a(nother) dumb question, but if Ozzie doesn't play during the playoffs, can he still get his name on the Cup? Honestly, I can't remember how they work that. :blink:

I'm sitting here picturing that. :hysterical:

Well, every backup goalie is officially dressed for the game, so the answer is Yes.

Otherwise, backup goalies would never get their name on the Cup.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1503 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

Well, every backup goalie is officially dressed for the game, so the answer is Yes.

Otherwise, backup goalies would never get their name on the Cup.

Thanks, GMR. I knew I could count on you. :) :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1504 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

Even the announcers were on Mule saying he needed to step up and then in the next breath they talk about he is the first Red Wing in like 35 years to score points in all 7 games of a 7 game series. Yeah that sounds like suck to me? What?

That line has been a puck possession machine(with Cleary or Holmer) and the only thing that kept Franzen from being the Mule was a man nicknamed Bryz!

He was stoned on great doorstep chances and beautiful shots from the dots. Did everyone forget how well their goalie played, already?

Franzen is the purest of goalscorers and when he doesn't score he isn't as effective on this team, there are plenty of set up players, he just gotta score, simple as that.

#1505 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

Franzen is the purest of goalscorers and when he doesn't score he isn't as effective on this team, there are plenty of set up players, he just gotta score, simple as that.

Yeah, he needs to score, but how is getting points in every game not effective? Along with those points come goals scored. Without those points those goals aren't scored and therefore this series could have ended up very differently.

The good news is that aside from Halak and Howard, there are no truly great goalies left in these playoffs. I'd like to include Howard, so I expect Franzen to start lighting them up.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1506 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Super game by the Wings last nite.. play like that for 12 more boys and the cup is ours! Bring on the sharks!!!
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#1507 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, he needs to score, but how is getting points in every game not effective? Along with those points come goals scored. Without those points those goals aren't scored and therefore this series could have ended up very differently.

The good news is that aside from Halak and Howard, there are no truly great goalies left in these playoffs. I'd like to include Howard, so I expect Franzen to start lighting them up.

What about Rask? The guy is having a hell of a season and outplayed last year's Vezina-winner for the starting role on his team. He's as much of a factor as Howard is, if not more.

#1508 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

What about Bobby Lou? Sure he's been meh but still can steal games
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#1509 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

I want to thank you profusely Doc, for your answer on Osgood. I'm really sorry though that I took up so much of your valuable time. :)

I am blunt sometimes.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 28 April 2010 - 08:22 PM.

Posted Image

#1510 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

What about Rask? The guy is having a hell of a season and outplayed last year's Vezina-winner for the starting role on his team. He's as much of a factor as Howard is, if not more.

Rask is better than Howard and Halak. Halak's had two amazing games and if he keeps playing like that, of course he's the best. Looking at the bigger picture though. Rask also outplayed Miller in round 1.

Edited by Finnish Wing, 28 April 2010 - 08:54 PM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#1511 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

I am blunt sometimes.

What the hell. So am I. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1512 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:16 AM

Oh yeah, something I forgot to ask. Where exactly do the "Detroit is such a dirty team" comments come from like that one Coyotes fan said? Same thing as the famous obstruction complaints?