• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VladyIBELIEVE16

Lester B. Pearson Award renamed - Lindsay!

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

whats everyones thought on this?

good decision on part of the NHLPA?

if you live in canada you can watch it on the cbc sports website.

i dunno if its available for non canadian viewers.

See, I would have created a whole new trophy in Lindsay's honor.

Ted Lindsay Trophy - An award given annually to the player that best demonstrates a hard work ethic with a combination of offensive skill, grit, and determination.

As much as I like Ted Lindsay, I wonder if this is the start of renaming all the trophies to former players :brow:?

Hart Trophy = Wayne Gretzky Trophy

Norris Trophy = Bobby Orr Trophy

etc.

To me if you were to be so inclined I would think the Art Ross would be renamed after Gretzky just because of the scoring

I doubt it because this is a recognition for his work establishing the NHLPA more than his production as a player

Ohhhhh ok that makes sense. Nothing against our boy Ted, but I was wondering why him.

I didn't read the link, so if it mentioned why, I didn't see it.

To me if you were to be so inclined I would think the Art Ross would be renamed after Gretzky just because of the scoring

That works because then they can name the Hart trophy after Gordie.

Edit: I wouldn't be against naming the Trophies after players. Most of the guys the Trophies are named after now were crooks and complete a-holes!

Edited by Barrie

See, I would have created a whole new trophy in Lindsay's honor.

Ted Lindsay Trophy - An award given annually to the player that best demonstrates a hard work ethic with a combination of offensive skill, grit, and determination.

Why would you reward something like "grit" or "hard work" etc.

There's two aspects in the game: offense and defense. "Grit" and "hard work" can be included in both, but they're just among other minor abilities. We don't have awards for best skater or hardest hitter either.

Why would you reward something like "grit" or "hard work" etc.

There's two aspects in the game: offense and defense. "Grit" and "hard work" can be included in both, but they're just among other minor abilities. We don't have awards for best skater or hardest hitter either.

Maybe BeeRYCE was thinking of an award for the best power forward? Lindsay was a power forward, minus his size.

Maybe BeeRYCE was thinking of an award for the best power forward? Lindsay was a power forward, minus his size.

And that's what I'm talking about. Why don't award the best playmaker and best dangler then?

There are only OFFENSE and DEFENSE. It doesn't matter how you get the results. Whether it's grit, speed or skill. You don't award something like that. It's like giving style points.

And that's what I'm talking about. Why don't award the best playmaker and best dangler then?

There are only OFFENSE and DEFENSE. It doesn't matter how you get the results. Whether it's grit, speed or skill. You don't award something like that. It's like giving style points.

Yea, then they'll have to name more trophies for more types of players and styles. The NHL would have about 100 Trophies to hand out every year and the award show would take about a week :lol:

Yea, then they'll have to name more trophies for more types of players and styles. The NHL would have about 100 Trophies to hand out every year and the award show would take about a week :lol:

Exactly, so let's just award what really matters in the end like they do know.

With all of the talk for another trophy (for d-men or other positions) this one makes sense, a trophy for most assists.

I like it deeznutz!

Not that my opinion means jack s*** though!

i'm not the 1st person to mention it, and you're not the first person to agree with it. i don't understand how it hasn't been implemented yet.

I know "class" is a way over used term, however.... This is a truly classy move on the part of the NHLPA.

Couldn't have happened to a better gentleman than Mr. Lindsay. I had the honor of meeting him at the Joe last year and it was one of the highlights of my life.