• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Bring on the Sharks --- Again!

Rate this topic

Im really happy about playing the Sharks. Im glad we don't have to play the Canucks or Hawks, they are both really tough teams right now. With our record against the Sharks im feeling pretty confident. Anyways, we all know what Nabakov does in high pressure games (note the Olympics).

I think if we steal a game early in San Jose that would be huge. I can see home games being big for the wings in this series because if we can get the match-ups we want that will bode well for us (I am assuming that would be Datsyuk/Franzen against Thornton and Zetterberg/Filpulla against Pavelski/Set). If however the Sharks are able to consistently get Thornton's line out against Helm's line we might be in trouble, I love Helm and Eaves but they would be at such a size and strength disadvantage. I am not going to make a prediction I am just going to hope for the best. GO WINGS!!

anyone know why chompboard is down? i really want to read what the sharks' fanbase thinks of this match up

I don't know why its down either. Maybe not too many members joined or didn't pay attention to it.

Go to Hfboards.com and go to the sharks section. THere are plenty of Shark fans there. But if you don't want to see negativity don't read it then.

2010 WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

SERIES K #1 vs. #5

Network

Thursday, April 29 at San Jose, 9:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Sunday, May 2 at San Jose, 8:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Tuesday, May 4 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Thursday, May 6 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.. TSN, VERSUS

*Saturday, May 8 at San Jose, 10:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

*Monday, May 10 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

*Wednesday, May 12 at San Jose, TBD TSN, VERSUS

Guest REDWINGSFTW

The bold, Sharks are not fast at all. THe only fast player has to be Marleau and Seto. We aren't a fast team at all, we lost all our speed when we traded away Michalek and Erhoff. Our Defense is REALLY SLOW. Execpt for Dan Boyle. The Sharks have trouble with speed, thats why we had trouble containing the blackhawks all year long. If the Avs used their speed, I thought they could have won the series.

So avs decided they would skate slow for no apparent reason? You guys are slow mofos and thats why you guys are going to lose to the us. The sharks will bow down, kiss our feet, and have fun golfing this summer. Joes pretty good at that.

So avs decided they would skate slow for no apparent reason? You guys are slow mofos and thats why you guys are going to lose to the us. The sharks will bow down, kiss our feet, and have fun golfing this summer. Joes pretty good at that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm not even going to try and argue with your comment. I'm trying to be civil and your just being immature.

I haven't followed San Jose as closely as I should have all year, and I really, really don't want to get cocky or anything and curse this team, but after Phoenix I'm not raelly sure the Wings should be worried about San Jose.

Don't they just play an inferior version of Red Wings hockey, with less talented defense and a flaky goalie? Aside from Big Joe, Pavelski and maybe Setoguchi is there any serious threat on the team?

I haven't followed San Jose as closely as I should have all year, and I really, really don't want to get cocky or anything and curse this team, but after Phoenix I'm not raelly sure the Wings should be worried about San Jose.

Don't they just play an inferior version of Red Wings hockey, with less talented defense and a flaky goalie? Aside from Big Joe, Pavelski and maybe Setoguchi is there any serious threat on the team?

it's the pl;ayoffs so "big joe" is "no show"

Hello all! Sharks in 6! Go Sharks!

Good clip about Clowe. I have that on my avatar. Clowe is such a baller. haha.

Players with some threat that you didn't mention: Marleau, Heatley, Maholtra, Couture, Boyle, Clowe.

Players that will annoy you from a physical stand point: Murray, Nichol, Ortmeyer, Clowe, Blake

Edited by sharkfan20

Players with some threat that you didn't mention: Marleau, Heatley, Maholtra, Couture, Boyle, Clowe.

Players that will annoy you from a physical stand point: Murray, Nichol, Ortmeyer, Clowe, Blake

What happened to Staubitz?

Ah, once again, it's good to be back on LGW, good to see a lot of the regular faces and names I remember from before, and I'm looking forward to what will no doubt be a great series!

This is a definitely a good chance for the Sharks to finally get out of the ABCD (Anybody But Club Detroit) mode. Losing the choker moniker would be nice. Strange, but I'm really, really glad we're not going into this as a team that is favored to win the Cup. The NHL poll had us second to last. COOL. The current poll shows us as the least intriguing matchup in the Western Conference. COOL!.

I just watched the Habs eliminate the Caps, so that's two President's Trophy winners dusted by the 8th seed in two years. What an upset, and what a heartbreak for Caps fans, watching a 3-1 series lead slip through to the bitter losing end! And that ties into why I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

The Sharks are by no means an underdog, but it definitely feels that way, given past performances, and especially going up against our past nemesis/rival Detroit, and I LIKE THAT. It was good see Colorado school the Sharks with their speedy performance from the start -- way to keep the team humble, I hope that humility carries forward in this series. Likewise, as a Detroit Respecter/Hockeytown Lover, but make-no-mistake-a-San-Jose-Homer, I'm hoping the Wings are seeing the Sharks as easy pickings. Best thing for the Sharks, really!

I guess I'm saying that after all these years, I see overconfidence on any team's part as a big, big killer. It killed the Caps this year, it killed the Sharks early last year, and I'm hoping that the Sharks, and Sharks fans in general, don't get infected with it.

GO SHARKS!!

Edited by Grypho

Good clip about Clowe. I have that on my avatar. Clowe is such a baller. haha.

Datsyuk is going to looovvveee playing against Blake's concrete feet.

Ah, once again, it's good to be back on LGW, good to see a lot of the regular faces and names I remember from before, and I'm looking forward to what will no doubt be a great series!

This is a definitely a good chance for the Sharks to finally get out of the ABCD (Anybody But Club Detroit) mode. Losing the choker moniker would be nice. Strange, but I'm really, really glad we're not going into this as a team that is favored to win the Cup. The NHL poll had us second to last. COOL. The current poll shows us as the least intriguing matchup in the Western Conference. COOL!.

I just watched the Habs eliminate the Caps, so that's two President's Trophy winners dusted by the 8th seed in two years. What an upset, and what a heartbreak for Caps fans, watching a 3-1 series lead slip through to the bitter losing end! And that ties into why I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

The Sharks are by no means an underdog, but it definitely feels that way, given past performances, and especially going up against our past nemesis/rival Detroit, and I LIKE THAT. It was good see Colorado school the Sharks with their speedy performance from the start -- way to keep the team humble, I hope that humility carries forward in this series. Likewise, as a Detroit Respecter/Hockeytown Lover, but make-no-mistake-a-San-Jose-Homer, I'm hoping the Wings are seeing the Sharks as easy pickings. Best thing for the Sharks, really!

I guess I'm saying that after all these years, I see overconfidence on any team's part as a big, big killer. It killed the Caps this year, it killed the Sharks early last year, and I'm hoping that the Sharks, and Sharks fans in general, don't get infected with it.

GO SHARKS!!

Your coach's familiarity with Babcock is disturbing for me. Babcock is a great coach but he can be out couched by the young guys (see the finals last season) in the right situation.

Still, you guys won't win unless Marleau and Thornton wake up. If the Sharks do beat the Wings they'll be favourites to win the cup, though, as it would be that last step towards shaking off their own self-doubt.

I'm still calling this series as Wings in 6. :)

Guest Crymson

Nabokov is in the twilight of his career. He's not as good as he used to be. I think Howard is better at this point.

As good as Pav is defensively Hank is our ultimate playoff shutdown guy. Plus, when Holmstrom plays with Pav at times his skating can be a defensive liability. I think you match up Zetterberg against the line that is producing the best for the Sharks and right now that is the Pavelski line while Datsyuk's line takes care of the Thronton line. If things start to change and the Thornton line actually puts a couple goals in then you adjust but for a moment consider these stats:

Joe Pavelski gp 6 g 5 a 3 p 8

Ryan Clowe gp 6 g 1 a 7 p 8

Devon Setoguchi gp 6 g 3 a 3 p 6

Total: gp 18 g 9 a 13 p 22

Joe Thornton gp 6 g 0 a 3 p 3

Dany Heatley gp 5 g 0 a 4 p 4

Patrick Marleau gp 6 g 1 a 2 p 3

Total: gp 17 g 1 a 9 p 10

That's pretty scary because the Sharks just got through the first round in 5 games on the backs of their complementary players alone. If any of their big three wakes up they're going to be pretty fearsome.