• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Unclassy move by Phx player, Blown call by ref

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Anybody else see the Phx player blatantly trip Zetterberg (I think) after Stuart's breakaway goal. It's right at the 46 second mark of the video. Not only is this an incredibly dangerous player (with Hank going into the boards) but the ref completely missed it when he was a few feet away.

Edited by DatsyukianDeke13

Did anyone notice a 'Yotes fan throw a beer bottle onto the ice during live play in the 3rd period? At least I think it was the 3rd. Hope he's having fun in jail.

Yeah. Pretty classless. That trip on Z was also classes. I know people get frustrated but come the F' on. Screw both of them.

Although wreckless and should have been tripping, the puck looked like it may have hit the crossbar, bounced down, and stayed near the line from his POV. The trip may have been trying to get to the puck or keep Z from getting to it.

May not be about "class" here.

Although wreckless and should have been tripping, the puck looked like it may have hit the crossbar, bounced down, and stayed near the line from his POV. The trip may have been trying to get to the puck or keep Z from getting to it.

That made no sense. Re-watch the video.

I couldn't believe it when I saw it during the game. That's like something out of one of the Mighty Ducks movies, where one of the guys gets slashed across his wrist after scoring.

Hopefully he gets fined but I'm not too sure it will happen.

wow, at the time, I was so pumped about the goal I didn't even notice this and when I saw Hank go down, I just thought he lost an edge... VERY dangerous play and complet lack of honor on Yandle's part... should have been a penalty for sure...

Accidental or not, in Yandle's position there, that seemed pretty easy to avoid. I know you're frustrated after your team gave up a goal, but not a wise move by his part. As for the refs missing it, what can ya do, it's over and done with regarding that. Maybe the front office will take a look at it and discipline Yandle if necessary.

Also a big :thumbdown: to whoever through the bottle on the ice during game play. I hope he/she had a swift exit.

As for "class", I'm so sick and tired of hearing or seeing that word thrown around in here, trying to justify that our fans are oh so better than fans of Phoenix or other teams or whatever and that we'd never behave like that. It's stupid and a bunch of b.s. Every team has their a'hole fans who go overboard. Two idiotic displays by Yandle and the bottle throwing fan shouldn't label the entire Phoenix organization/fan base.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I couldn't believe it when I saw it during the game. That's like something out of one of the Mighty Ducks movies, where one of the guys gets slashed across his wrist after scoring.

Hopefully he gets fined but I'm not too sure it will happen.

coyotes players will NEVER be fined. that money would come out of the leagues pockets.

coyotes players will NEVER be fined. that money would come out of the leagues pockets.

technically, the money would go back into their pockets then... as it would be money already paid to the PLAYER and would be returned to the league...

technically, the money would go back into their pockets then... as it would be money already paid to the PLAYER and would be returned to the league...

True. The league would just get their money back.

Classless move, though. It's not Z's fault that you guys blew a 5-on-3 while our 2nd PK group was in the box. It's not Z's fault that Brad-*******-Stuart scored on a breakaway for what is, in all likelihood, the first time in his career.

The Wings straight up outplayed the Coyotes for 60 minutes last night. It was like watching the late 90's/early 2000's Wings teams that would just possess the puck for an entire game while their opponent tried to play catch up.

Guest micah

Eh, no biggie. If Hank and his teammates can't be bothered to take it up with Yandle, how bad could it have been?

That made no sense. Re-watch the video.

I just did. Tried to watch his eyes more. Seems like he knew it was in then tripped Z. Still should have been a penalty, but I was trying to see it from his POV as maybe the puck wasn't in. It did hit the roof and fall outside the goal.

No. Just no. And normally I'm one of the first ones to roll my eyes when fellow Wings fans get all hot and bothered about a perceived slight against the Wings because often it's just paranoid smoke-blowing. Not this time - that was as obvious a dick move as can be and I hope the Wings send the tape in to the league.