• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Unclassy move by Phx player, Blown call by ref

Rate this topic

No. Just no. And normally I'm one of the first ones to roll my eyes when fellow Wings fans get all hot and bothered about a perceived slight against the Wings because often it's just paranoid smoke-blowing. Not this time - that was as obvious a dick move as can be and I hope the Wings send the tape in to the league.

Agreed. Players who pull that sh*t after a goal are nothing but first-rate jackasses, led by Barrett Jackass in St. Louis. He's perfected the art of the cheap shot punch to the face of anyone who dares to score a goal when he's on the ice, which is all the more ironic since the goal usually follows one of his boneheaded plays.

ya, i mentioned this in the other thread. its pretty ridiculous and unclassy of yandle, and the refs dont do anything about it, z is a star player that does not deserve that treatment. yandle should be fined for this.

I have to agree. That trip was pretty classless. As a ref, I would have called that in a heartbeat. Heck, we have seen a lot of players go into the boards like that and get hurt. Doan got a separated shoulder hurdling someone and crashing into the boards. This was premeditated for sure.

yea i saw this on the actual goal but didnt see him trip him til the replay. i thought z coulda been hurt cause he went in hard. but then he got up and then i saw the replay and wondered how the ref missed this

That was indeed a very scary incident. But I was holding my breath for the last five minutes anyway hoping the Coyotes wouldn't go postal. And they really didn't. For that I'm grateful.

Eh, no biggie. If Hank and his teammates can't be bothered to take it up with Yandle, how bad could it have been?

Right. Because answering a dick move by starting a scene is the way to respond when your team is winning 4-1 and dominating.

Why give the Coyotes anything to rally around going into the third period? Yandle got what he deserved - a tee time for tomorrow.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

ya, i mentioned this in the other thread. its pretty ridiculous and unclassy of yandle, and the refs dont do anything about it, z is a star player that does not deserve that treatment. yandle should be fined for this.

Total ***** move by Yandle and he needs to be punished going into next season. :thumbdown:

LOL, fines and suspensions? Don't be such a homer.

Guest micah

Right. Because answering a dick move by starting a scene is the way to respond when your team is winning 4-1 and dominating.

Why give the Coyotes anything to rally around going into the third period? Yandle got what he deserved - a tee time for tomorrow.

Men who allow themselves to be abused should expect to be abused. The Wings were not issued a choice - "respond to a cheapshot on your star teammate or win the game", the were given the choice "respond to a cheapshot on your star teammate or do nothing". They chose the latter for some reason.

LOL - "Yandle got what he deserved". Bulls***. Yandle deserved an asskicking and a suspension and a fine. He got away (apparently, we'll wait and see what the league says, but I'm not holding my breath) with a free shot against a star player because the star player, the star player's teammates, and the league didn't do anything about it. Next time Yandle is frustrated, he will likely take the same course of action, as he recieved no negative consequence from it this time.

What a gutless play. That's the same type split-second reaction Keith Ballard made when he "accidentally" clubbed Vokoun in the head. I have no respect for Yandle after that.

Also, watch the first part of that replay again (nobody has mentioned this yet). What about the one handed slash across Stuart's upper body as he was shooting the puck!?! WTF? That wasn't even an effort to stop the goal...he just lost it out there. Inexcusable.

I thought the Phoenix fans were fine--The one idiot threw the bottle on the ice, but that is just one guy, and Detroit has idiot fans too. It reminded me of the last game in Winnipeg (same franchise!) where they threw those bottles of chocolate milk or whatever on the ice. Does anyone remember that? I only found this clip, but it shows the final 20 seconds and not stuff being thrown on the ice:

Has to be hard for that Phoenix fanbase (even if it is a small one) not to know if they'll have a team next year, and pretty much having that feeling EVERY year until this thing gets resolved.

Edited by StormJH1

Sure we are unclassy fans for throwing Octopi on other teams ice but the Coyotes players can get away with tripping out players no matter if the goal was scored or not. The ref last night was trying to give the Yotes the victory. I had to go in the other room and not watch it for thos Phoenix Power Plays because I was very angry and was saying some very nasty and distrubing stuff at the TV last night. Go Wings!!

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Right. And if Z were to get injured on an unnecessary play like that you would be saying what now...? LOL don't be so ignorant.

Players get tripped all the time, the fact is that he DID NOT get injured. It's like when a player gets a hit to the head, if he doesn't miss a shift, there is no talk of suspension. LOL don't be such a HOMER.

I watched that last night and was thinking surely that dumbass ref doesn't think that was an accident or zetterberg was like "hey I'll celebrate the pk and breakaway goal by our defenseman by jumping into the boards YAY!"