• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Behind Enemy Lines in CO

I'm eating Crow for Breakfast

Rate this topic

Takes a real man to admit when wrong though. I dont mind so much that people give their opinions, even if it isnt in agreeance with the typical homer Wings fans opinion.

Ill admit, I wanted Samuelsson the hell out of here and was estatic when he signed else where. Im kinda missing the secondary scoring he provided us with, and hoping he doesnt burn us if we make it past San Jose.

I have learned to never doubt this team and I can honestly say I see them being able to win every game they play. Now sure I have doubts every now and then but I never once thought they would lose that series and I will continue to believe they will win the next. This is the Detroit motherfuzzin Red Wings we are talking about. Anything is possible :P

Being wrong is one thing - obviously we're all wrong from time to time and there's nothing wrong with that. Trying to convince us all that that it never happened it what pisses ppl off. At least you're big enough to own up to it. I guarantee half of the doubters don't even show up on these boards today - like Mindfly.

Although, you have to question the validity of their posts in the first place. Half the time they're just trolling anyways. Or at least it seems that way.

Well, I will agree with you that it was kind of scary that the Yotes short a captain were able to win a convincing game 6. Other than that, I was very confident the Wings would bounce back and win in Phoenix. After all, the Yotes barley had a chance during 5-5 play. Their only chance in winning the series was when the Wings special teams faltered. They scored 3 goals during games 1 and 6, all due to the fact that the Wings PK was taking a break during those games. Probably would've been a 4-1 series if the Wings PK played like they did game 7 in each game of this series.

Being wrong is one thing - obviously we're all wrong from time to time and there's nothing wrong with that. Trying to convince us all that that it never happened it what pisses ppl off. At least you're big enough to own up to it. I guarantee half of the doubters don't even show up on these boards today - like Mindfly.

Although, you have to question the validity of their posts in the first place. Half the time they're just trolling anyways. Or at least it seems that way.

I agree with most of what you say here, but Mindfly did sort of acknowledge he was wrong. For him, I think it was a big and brave move.

The pisser for me is the Ego Thing. ANYone who goes out of their way to predict doom and defeat is not only negatively trying to affect reaction (i.e., trolling), but basically trying to control what cannot EVER be controlled. It's its own form of insanity and egomanical-type behavior. I will never, EVER understand that kind of thinking. I'm going to try real hard to ignore posters like that from now on because I'm pretty sure people are sick of reading my reactions to these posters. :rolleyes:

I agree with most of what you say here, but Mindfly did sort of acknowledge he was wrong. For him, I think it was a big and brave move.

The pisser for me is the Ego Thing. ANYone who goes out of their way to predict doom and defeat is not only negatively trying to affect reaction (i.e., trolling), but basically trying to control what cannot EVER be controlled. It's its own form of insanity and egomanical-type behavior. I will never, EVER understand that kind of thinking. I'm going to try real hard to ignore posters like that from now on because I'm pretty sure people are sick of reading my reactions to these posters. :rolleyes:

Well, it's very possible I missed Minfly's acknowledgement as it's not like I read every single post in every single thread. So it may have been overly harsh of me to act as if it were fact that some one like Mindfly hadn't owned up.

Obviously everyone has their own gut feelings on outcomes of future games and opinions on what's going to happen but what rubs me the wrong way is when ppl announce their opinions as though they are infallable and then disappear when it turns out they were wrong. I'll admit when I'm wrong just as often as I'll take praise for when I'm right. I'll be the first to say that I felt like Leino was going to be a solid 3rd line contributor on this team and post 15-20 goals this year - I was wrong. At the same time I thought Filppula was going to be a legit top 6 forward by the end of the year - I was right. Opinions are opinions but I can't stand when ppl refuse to acknowledge when they were wrong.

What is insanely irritating is that one might have actual reason to fear that a particular team MIGHT lose a particular game, but if that team happens to be the Red Wings, and if one expresses the fear that the team might lose, one is minused and degraded and accused of being a troll or not a real fan.

Of course, once one person is called out and dragged through the gutter, who would dare to express themself?

Nice for a "discussion" board.

Well, on Monday I said the yotes would win 3-1 because the Wings were not hungry enough.

Now I have to eat my crow for breakfast. My wife told me "I hope you are hungry enough this morning".

Sucks to doubt the Wings.

:(

Break off a drumbstick and hand it over, i'll eat with you. I said the same thing. I thought for sure, that with only one day off and back to the west, the wings would be flat., Glad I was wrong.

Well, it's very possible I missed Minfly's acknowledgement as it's not like I read every single post in every single thread. So it may have been overly harsh of me to act as if it were fact that some one like Mindfly hadn't owned up.

Obviously everyone has their own gut feelings on outcomes of future games and opinions on what's going to happen but what rubs me the wrong way is when ppl announce their opinions as though they are infallable and then disappear when it turns out they were wrong. I'll admit when I'm wrong just as often as I'll take praise for when I'm right. I'll be the first to say that I felt like Leino was going to be a solid 3rd line contributor on this team and post 15-20 goals this year - I was wrong. At the same time I thought Filppula was going to be a legit top 6 forward by the end of the year - I was right. Opinions are opinions but I can't stand when ppl refuse to acknowledge when they were wrong.

^ This. It's irritating on both sides - rubbing it in people's faces over and over again saying "I told you so" in a condescending manner, or not admitting that you were incorrect. Nobody's going to give a hoot if you were wrong, you look more stupid if you disappear and don't admit to your faults.

With most things and this, I try to take a middle of the road approach. I've seen so much happen in hockey and other sports in my life that either result wouldn't have shocked me. I was definitely confident that the Wings could win the game if they played as close to a complete game as possible, but we've definitely seen otherwise at times, and who knows which team would've shown up. So obviously I had some doubt, so I'll fess up that I was wrong to a degree.

What is insanely irritating is that one might have actual reason to fear that a particular team MIGHT lose a particular game, but if that team happens to be the Red Wings, and if one expresses the fear that the team might lose, one is minused and degraded and accused of being a troll or not a real fan.

Of course, once one person is called out and dragged through the gutter, who would dare to express themself?

Nice for a "discussion" board.

I'm sitting here wondering if I do that...rip on somebody who thinks we might lose. I don't think I have. It's the ones who are sarcastic, rip and tear, name-call and do their damndest to put our guys down so they might look/feel better about themselves for two minutes. At least I think that's what I do. :ph34r:

Guest Crymson

I'm sitting here wondering if I do that...rip on somebody who thinks we might lose. I don't think I have. It's the ones who are sarcastic, rip and tear, name-call and do their damndest to put our guys down so they might look/feel better about themselves for two minutes. At least I think that's what I do. :ph34r:

I can't stand defensive pessimists.

I'm guessing you go off on the same ones I hate. You know, the "f*** these guys their suking 2nitethey dont no how 2 play hocky i hate this teem they suk their down buy a goal and im poutin". Yeah, I hate them too.

I was referring to the type who post, "It's the second game of a back to back, and (Insert Player) has looked like his (Insert Body Part) is really bothering him. The (Insert Opposing Team) are having a great run now that (Insert Star Player) is back and (Insert Goalie) is really hot since he came back from (Insert Malady). I really doubt that (Insert Wings Star) will be 100% after going into the boards (Insert Body Part)-first. It will be a tough game, and I don't know if the schedule we've had lately plus all of our injuries will add up to a Wings victory."

When those people get bashed, that just ticks me off. Hey, it's a board for opinions. Some opinions are stupid. Some are not. I have no problem with people who disagree, but geesh, if someone says, "I hope the Wings win, but I have a bad feeling that they won't." that's not grounds for negativity.

i'll admit i was a little pessimistic after game 6, but the wings are like a light switch. they can turn it on and take it to a new level whenever someone doubts them.

it doesn't matter what happens in game 1-6 if there's a game 7...all bets all bets are off. you're not done until you get that 4th loss.

I'm guessing you go off on the same ones I hate. You know, the "f*** these guys their suking 2nitethey dont no how 2 play hocky i hate this teem they suk their down buy a goal and im poutin". Yeah, I hate them too.

I was referring to the type who post, "It's the second game of a back to back, and (Insert Player) has looked like his (Insert Body Part) is really bothering him. The (Insert Opposing Team) are having a great run now that (Insert Star Player) is back and (Insert Goalie) is really hot since he came back from (Insert Malady). I really doubt that (Insert Wings Star) will be 100% after going into the boards (Insert Body Part)-first. It will be a tough game, and I don't know if the schedule we've had lately plus all of our injuries will add up to a Wings victory."

When those people get bashed, that just ticks me off. Hey, it's a board for opinions. Some opinions are stupid. Some are not. I have no problem with people who disagree, but geesh, if someone says, "I hope the Wings win, but I have a bad feeling that they won't." that's not grounds for negativity.

We are like 200% in agreement. :beerbuddy: How dare ANYbody come up with facts to back up their points, eh?

Takes a real man to admit when wrong though. I dont mind so much that people give their opinions, even if it isnt in agreeance with the typical homer Wings fans opinion.

Ill admit, I wanted Samuelsson the hell out of here and was estatic when he signed else where. Im kinda missing the secondary scoring he provided us with, and hoping he doesnt burn us if we make it past San Jose.

Well, since it costs you nothing and apparently boosts your respect why wouldn't you admit it when you can't really hide your failure?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Well, since it costs you nothing and apparently boosts your respect why wouldn't you admit it when you can't really hide your failure?

Because the Internet is serious business brah.