• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

Lilja - C- (He earns his pay on the PK, and the PK has been way too inconsistent for my likings. Not all his fault, but he needs to step it up in that regard)

Just a note, but Lils wasn't out for any of Phoenix's PP goals.

#22 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

Just a note, but Lils wasn't out for any of Phoenix's PP goals.

I thought Lils was very strong in this series! I agree- his big body and shot blocking was great!!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#23 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

Lils did an amazing job this series. I think where Lindstrom might have slacke he came back out and made sure he played mistake free hockey. He was also killer on the PK. I think he was a big surprise to a lot of people. I hope he can carry it over to San Jose!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#24 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

I know I'm probably going to get hammered, but I thought Lidstrom was pretty below average until game 7. I dont think he deserves an A+ for that series.

Agreed. Lidstrom was making a lot of mistakes in a middle of the series, very uncharacteristic of him.

And while this isn't surprising coming from me, I think Lilja deserves much better than a B. He was easily one of our best defensemen in the series and no one blocks shots like him.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#25 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

Grades relative to expectations/ability

Datsyuk - A (Almost perfect, would probably be A+ if his linemates had been better)

Filppula - A (Probably better than we should reasonbly expect, no plus since Hank made him look a lot better)

I think we should expect more from Datsyuk than Filppula considering the cap hit. That why I don't quite get this, as one could say Filppula even played better than Datsyuk.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Kronwall has been playing worse than a B. Also, Howard has had some bad games in the series, so I'd give him a B. Remember that this went 7 games and not 4.

Otherwise, everything else was a fair assessment.

It'll be nice to see the 3rd line actually produce something offensively. Babcock thinks they have great chemistry, but it hasn't amounted to much for a while now.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

disagree with eaves. id give him C+

huge hits tons of energy great on the PK

#28 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

I'll probably get ripped for this, but anything above a "C" for Jimmy is being generous. He was either lights out or awful, which amounts to an average grade for me. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was a huge factor in the wins but it goes both ways. He played a major role in the losses too, as the team and Howard himself were inconsistent throughout the entire series.

Other than that, Brad Stuart gets an A+ from me. Don't let the one mistake in Game 6 take away from a brilliantly played series by Stuart.

Edited by GoWings1905, 28 April 2010 - 03:18 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#29 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

No one should be rated lower than Ericsson

O.o

#30 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

Lils did an amazing job this series. I think where Lindstrom might have slacke he came back out and made sure he played mistake free hockey. He was also killer on the PK. I think he was a big surprise to a lot of people. I hope he can carry it over to San Jose!

Nice Signature...

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.