• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CanadaBoy

History will be made: Datsyuk/Zetterberg

Rate this topic

Awesome.

How did Pasha and Henrik last into the sixth and seventh rounds? Everyone thought they were too small to make a difference. In Pasha's case the only scout who saw him was Hakan Andersson. He'd gone to see Dmitri Kalinin and became entranced with Pasha. With Henrik, it was the same thing. No one thought they would ever make it.

Nice to fool your detractors.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

What if the draft ended 5th round?

We dont get zetterberg and datsyuk :P

Only the Red Wings scouts could find them. That's what makes this franchise so great.

I think it has to do with the Wings having a clear identity as a puck-possession team. Hakan Andersson knew what kind of players to look for. While other teams scouts only looked at the guys putting up the most points, or the biggest guys with some talent, Andersson was looking for the players who could control the puck and could fit in with the Wings system.¨

Of course there is some luck involved as well, especially in the case of Datsyuk, but that is one of the key's I believe.

I think it has to do with the Wings having a clear identity as a puck-possession team. Hakan Andersson knew what kind of players to look for. While other teams scouts only looked at the guys putting up the most points, or the biggest guys with some talent, Andersson was looking for the players who could control the puck and could fit in with the Wings system.¨

Of course there is some luck involved as well, especially in the case of Datsyuk, but that is one of the key's I believe.

Yeah, in the scouting-edition of Wingspan they even spoke about Andersson watching Zetterberg. He was in the Swedish national team for his age bracket or whatever, but had a really poor showing. Since we rule, Andersson had already been following him for awhile and knew that it wasn't indicative of his play. Tracked him some more and the rest is history. :)

That LITERALLY gave me goosebumps and put a lump in my throat.

Total WIN for the NHL and the Red Wings.

Awesome.

Could also have an alternate "What If" ending: "What if the Two Line Pass rule was still in effect?"

History would NOT have been made... :scared:

That's great. Nice catch.

Reminds me how much I love the elimination of that rule.

Edited by FireCaptain

Saw this today on a TV at a leisure center here in Chilliwack B.C. and first thing I did when I got home was tell my fiancee about it. Imagine how elated I was to see you guys start a thread about it here so I could show her.

Really really good commercial.

Saw this today on a TV at a leisure center here in Chilliwack B.C. and first thing I did when I got home was tell my fiancee about it. Imagine how elated I was to see you guys start a thread about it here so I could show her.

Really really good commercial.

You and I both know it's called the sharpshooter.