• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

4/28 OOT GDT: Montreal @ Washington G7

Rate this topic

I think the east is wide open. Not sure why everyone is handing the east to the Pens. I'll agree they are the favorite but I really don't think its a foregone conclusion. I mean look at what happened tonight. I have to root for the Habs now, not because they are playing the Pens, but because my dad is a diehard Habs fan and has promised to buy tickets at any cost if they ever play the Wings in the Finals.

Agreed. I mean, look at the trouble Ottawa gave them. Ottawa was an OT goal away from forcing a Game 7 and to be honest, given that 3OT Game 6, it's almost as though they played 7 games. Pittsburgh was supposed to absolutely demolish Ottawa and they didn't.

Guest mindfly

Um...no.

That is what the most "expert's" are saying though.. I don't agree with it.. I think flower is overrated

Do you all agree that Pens is the most complete team in the league and that Fleury is better than Luongo, Nabokov, Niemi, Howard... ?

Fleury MIGHT be better than Niemi, but that's about it. He's very streaky and if I recall correctly, he had the worst stats of any Stanley Cup winning goaltender in the last 20 years or so.

Do you all agree that Pens is the most complete team in the league and that Fleury is better than Luongo, Nabokov, Niemi, Howard... ?

Fleury is NOT a great goalie.

This year 2.65

Last year 2.67

I'm sorry but when you play for the Pittsburgh Penguins and you got a GAA like that there is no excuse. He's a slightly above average goalie who has received god status because of the team he plays for.

Put him on an average team and he will pull a Vesa Toskala.

www.971theticket.com

The Grand Flaw is his blog entry on the above site.

I dont know how many of you guys are from the metro Detroit area and tune into sports radio. If you arent and dont, Mike Valenti is a polarizing talk show host. You either love him or hate him. I usually like him but I hate the blog he just wrote. He seems to complain a ton and offer zero solutions.

I dont know what he wanted out of this series. Did he want the refs to call a bunch of penalties and gift wrap the series for Ovy??

I think the east is wide open. Not sure why everyone is handing the east to the Pens. I'll agree they are the favorite but I really don't think its a foregone conclusion. I mean look at what happened tonight. I have to root for the Habs now, not because they are playing the Pens, but because my dad is a diehard Habs fan and has promised to buy tickets at any cost if they ever play the Wings in the Finals.

Agreed. The Pens are clearly the favorite, but won't have an easy time of it! Montreal, Philly, and Boston just beat some good teams.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

"Mike Green should be a shoe in for the Norris" - FSN commentator on the Caps Feed in Game 1 of the series.

DAMMIT! I was really hoping at least one adversary in the East that would be able to challenge the Pens, but none of the other 3 teams remaining have better than a .500 record. There's a pretty good chance Crosby and Malkin will get back to the SCF without too much difficulty while the 4 Western Conference teams beat the crap out of each other. :(:sly:

www.971theticket.com

I dont know how many of you guys are from the metro Detroit area and tune into sports radio. If you arent and dont, Mike Valenti is a polarizing talk show host. You either love him or hate him. I usually like him but I hate the blog he just wrote. He seems to complain a ton and offer zero solutions.

I dont know what he wanted out of this series. Did he want the refs to call a bunch of penalties and gift wrap the series for Ovy??

Valenti is a big *****. All he does is *****, if he agrees with you he does it bitching.

He is an Ovie slappy of the highest order. I don't mind that part, but he likes the fact Wash. doesn't play defense. He thinks it's lousy hockey unless the score is 8-7. I guess he bores easily.

Edited by softshoes

www.971theticket.com

Wow thanks for pointing that out.

Here's the blog in case something happens, or if you are too lazy. But this contains exactly why I cannot stand "casual" hockey fans that want to change the game instead of learning it.

As I am reading comments on my facebook regarding the Caps early exit from the playoffs I cannot help but laugh at the collective ignorance of the average hockey fan. It;s either ignorance or pure stupidity, you be the judge.

These fools, and yes they are fools, giggle with glee while they proclaim that upsets like the Canadians beating the Caps as “What’s great about the game”

Puhhhlease.

In reality it is everything wrong with “your” completely flawed product known as NHL 2010. A sport where inferior teams can completely change the way the game is played, muck it up, get outshot by gawdy figures, and still win a series.

“That’s old time hockey Mike!”

Just shut up, now, please for the sake of all of us. Can you imagine a baseball team getting out hit by a 4-1 ratio and winning a series? How about an NBA team getting out rebounded by the same margin? NFL…don’t bother fathoming it. No, only in this dumpster fire of a postseason sport could it be. Oh the joy.

So let me see if I can explain to these basement dwelling creatures known as “Real Hockey Fans” exactly why tonight is so bad for “their” game.

1. Overchkin gone, ZERO reason for any average sports fan to tune into a game. Less than zero in fact. Crosby is not a flashy player and no other team in the vomitfest known as the Eastern conference playoffs is worth watching with one eye much less two.Do any of you realize he is THE most known player in the game. THE most entertaining player in the game. And THE only reason many would even watch? It’s like if Kobe, Wade, Nash, Williams, and Howard all died and Lebron was the lone soldier for the league…and he was dumped in the first round by the Bulls. Super.

2. Overchkin gone =’s no opposition to Crosbyfrom a third straight final. Yawn…unless your name is Jordan,Gretzky Bryant, Manning etc. it’s NEVER good for the same guy to get there three straight years.

3. Both the No. 7 and No. 8 seeds have advanced making the eastern conference a collection of drab, dull and above all mediocre teams fighting for the chance to embarrass themselves and their sport in the Cup finals…all while killing what minuscule TV number the league might hope to attain. Sweet.

Best part of all of this is these elitist dopes and their canned response…”Screw fringe hockey fans, it’s our game. Don’t watch then!”

Yes, brilliant in both it’s comedy and ignorance. This is a business you dopes. That’s why every other sport worth a damn is on ESPN or some semblance of a network while you and “your” game is on Versus. what was that? Versus? Oh yes, that network somewhere in the 600′s on my dish with a mediocre broadcast crew and HD like it was shot through my dogs under bite. Perfect.

Also factor in that your game and brilliant business model has them LAST on Sportscenter highlight rotation. LAST on newspapers minds in any city not named Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and maybe Medicine Hat. How about ZERO apparel sales in any store in the lower 48-states not named NHL Store…if you can find one? Wanna keep going?

The whole point is the more you placate to this style of crap, and that is what this product has become on most nights…crap, the worse it gets. Teams like Montreal and Philly have no business winning series, yet they do. Why? Because the game is nothing like it;s regular season counterpart…NOTHING. Sure we see orgasmic capsules of what real hockey looks like but it;s followed by 30 minutes of “old time hockey” or whatever tired cliche these net heads can muster up with seven “blues” in them. No other sport allows it. None. Why? Because it’s bad business. Can you imagine a full decade of Knicks vs. Heat circa 1993? I’d eat a bullet after poisoning myself for good measure. How about a sweet NFL playoff game where one team decided to “slow it down” and burn the playclock down to one from 1st quarter on? Yeah Goodell would adore that.

So savor tonight my myopic, not so bright, and hilariously senesitive hockey head. It;s the very reason your game is dead in the minds of humanity.

God let the Wings make it, might be the only salvation for people like myself who like entertainment as well as results.

What an absolute crock of s***, I can't even begin to dissect everything that is wrong with this "blog".

Wow thanks for pointing that out.

Here's the blog in case something happens, or if you are too lazy. But this contains exactly why I cannot stand "casual" hockey fans that want to change the game instead of learning it.

What an absolute crock of s***, I can't even begin to dissect everything that is wrong with this "blog".

Yeah, I was debating making a new thread on this topic for everyone to blast it, but I figured I'd post it here. You can make one if you want. I know alot of people will miss it in this thread.

Do you guys think this could be it for Boudreau?

Will they give him another chance?

Obviously he has had great regular season success but this system clearly doesn't work in the playoffs.

DAMMIT! I was really hoping at least one adversary in the East that would be able to challenge the Pens, but none of the other 3 teams remaining have better than a .500 record. There's a pretty good chance Crosby and Malkin will get back to the SCF without too much difficulty while the 4 Western Conference teams beat the crap out of each other. :(:sly:

Yup!

Do you guys think this could be it for Boudreau?

Will they give him another chance?

Obviously he has had great regular season success but this system clearly doesn't work in the playoffs.

He's a terrible playoff coach. He honestly thinks Green's defensive effort is acceptable, which is as telling as anything else.

Carman, I really hope the guy doesn't get paid to actually spout that bile.

Are you talking about Carman or the blogger?

Carman, I really hope the guy doesn't get paid to actually spout that bile.

Well he gets paid to the premier host of the biggest sports radio station in Detroit.

Have to listen to this guy everyday. And people wonder why I like Crosby :hehe: