• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

4/28 OOT GDT: Montreal @ Washington G7

Rate this topic

Well he gets paid to the premier host of the biggest sports radio station in Detroit.

Have to listen to this guy everyday. And people wonder why I like Crosby :hehe:

You should try buying XM radio.

NHL center ice was the greatest thing I ever got to buy.

Well he gets paid to the premier host of the biggest sports radio station in Detroit.

Whats even more annoying is the army of fans he has that just eats up everything he says. Im looking at his facebook page right now. Its disgraceful that people actually agree with him on this issue.

Is Ovechkin starting to carve out a reputation as a choke artist? He didn't have a good year in clutch situations.

I know, right? He like totally set up the only Washington goal, but aside from leading his team in scoring and points what did he really do for them? Sure one could point out that Green was pathetic and Semin completely disappeared, but let's blame the guy who actually did his job.

I can just guess who you think is better than Ovi. Captain clutch himself-- the man with a combined 6pts in 13 Finals games (AMAZING!) and who failed to register a point in any of the elimination games during the Olympics this year until Iginla set him up for a redeeming but not history-erasing gold medal winner. Sure he's been a ghost in the finals but hey-- he sure can score on Brian freaking Elliot! Woopie! He scored 14pts vs the worst defensive team in the playoffs! Let's ignore the fact that the Sens were actually a minus team entering the playoffs and played pathetic hockey. The Saviour himself stepped it up vs pathetic opposition-- sounds like his regular season. Go look how many goals/pts he scored against the Islanders. Look at his record vs the best teams. Marvel at his amazing home play vs his ghostly road play. Truly astounding! Where would he be if Malkin hadn't carried his team to a cup last year. Or do you forget who actually killed us Wings fans? It wasn't the golden child's dagger-like 3pts in 7 games and 0 points in game 7.

Of course, if you're not actually a Cindy slappy like Carman please ignore my rant. :D

I know, right? He like totally set up the only Washington goal, but aside from leading his team in scoring and points what did he really do for them? Sure one could point out that Green was pathetic and Semin completely disappeared, but let's blame the guy who actually did his job.

I can just guess who you think is better than Ovi. Captain clutch himself-- the man with a combined 6pts in 13 Finals games (AMAZING!) and who failed to register a point in any of the elimination games during the Olympics this year until Iginla set him up for a redeeming but not history-erasing gold medal winner. Sure he's been a ghost in the finals but hey-- he sure can score on Brian freaking Elliot! Woopie! He scored 14pts vs the worst defensive team in the playoffs! Let's ignore the fact that the Sens were actually a minus team entering the playoffs and played pathetic hockey. The Saviour himself stepped it up vs pathetic opposition-- sounds like his regular season. Go look how many goals/pts he scored against the Islanders. Look at his record vs the best teams. Marvel at his amazing home play vs his ghostly road play. Truly astounding! Where would he be if Malkin hadn't carried his team to a cup last year. Or do you forget who actually killed us Wings fans? It wasn't the golden child's dagger-like 3pts in 7 games and 0 points in game 7.

Of course, if you're not actually a Cindy slappy like Carman please ignore my rant. :D

Has nothing to do with Crosby. I'm a fan of both guys. I'm not one of these people that feels that to like one, I have to hate the other.

Ovechkin laid an egg in the Olympics, came up empty when he had a chance to take the Rocket Richard, Game 7 tonight he played not bad, but played a perimeter game and pretty much played right into Montreal's checking strategy against him. He had a chance to elevate his game and put the team on his back and didn't come through. And granted, neither did Green or Semin.

The whole Capitals team wasn't able to adjust to Montreal's checking style. They just came at them the same way with their flashy plays and drop passes and trying to score fancy goals and never adjusted.

Has nothing to do with Crosby. I'm a fan of both guys. I'm not one of these people that feels that to like one, I have to hate the other.

Ovechkin laid an egg in the Olympics, came up empty when he had a chance to take the Rocket Richard, Game 7 tonight he played not bad, but played a perimeter game and pretty much played right into Montreal's checking strategy against him. He had a chance to elevate his game and put the team on his back and didn't come through. And granted, neither did Green or Semin.

The whole Capitals team wasn't able to adjust to Montreal's checking style. They just came at them the same way with their flashy plays and drop passes and trying to score fancy goals and never adjusted.

First of all, I'm glad you didn't take my rant personally :)

Second of all, I lay a huge amount of blame on Green's feet. He utterly failed to distribute the puck correctly. Sure he was an atrocity defensively (I'd go so far as to say he's the anti-Lidstrom) but he's always at least half bad at the fundamental aspect of his position. Where he really failed the Caps was the PP and passing. Lots of time Ovi was the guy trying to QB the offense instead of shooting. He's normally a QB, yeah, but Green's supposed to do that too. Throw a competent offensive d-man back there alongside Corvo and Ovi's free to get in dirty areas again. Tonight it just looked like Ovechkin was trying to do too much. He was trying to carry the team on his back but Halak was much more dominant.

First of all, I'm glad you didn't take my rant personally :)

Second of all, I lay a huge amount of blame on Green's feet. He utterly failed to distribute the puck correctly. Sure he was an atrocity defensively (I'd go so far as to say he's the anti-Lidstrom) but he's always at least half bad at the fundamental aspect of his position. Where he really failed the Caps was the PP and passing. Lots of time Ovi was the guy trying to QB the offense instead of shooting. He's normally a QB, yeah, but Green's supposed to do that too. Throw a competent offensive d-man back there alongside Corvo and Ovi's free to get in dirty areas again. Tonight it just looked like Ovechkin was trying to do too much. He was trying to carry the team on his back but Halak was much more dominant.

Bingo bango.

HF boards are one step above yahoo or espn forums.

I like Hf boards.

I feel sorry for Caps fans, such a great year and it all had to come crashing to an end. Well at least some fans knows how it feels to lose when you won the presidents trophy.

However, I dont' feel sorry for Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom and most of their players. They just didn't come and play. Ovechkin was nowhere to be found, Semin had some good chances but didn't finish.

and pretty much played right into Montreal's checking strategy against him

This was one of the big things Montreal was able to do. I became exasperated watching Ovechkin try to beat everyone on the ice on the rush every time he touched the puck. It worked a few times because he's Ovechkin, but 95% of the time he was checked effortlessly by Gill or Gorges or Spacek and didn't force the Habs to deal with any offensive pressure, and did allow them to transition easily from his turnovers.

He had two big games where he scored a lot of points but was pretty effectively neutralized the rest of the time, or as well as you possibly can against a player with his talent.

Bruce needs to go. No coaching adjustments at all, no structure in the team. The only decision he made was to put Varlamov in for Theodore

The Varlamov thing seemed predictable, like he was hoping for last playoffs to carry through.

The Capitals had it in them to win this series, but it felt it was the coaching (or lack of coaching) that hurt the Capitals.

BTW, Mike Green is GARBAGE. That late 1st period penalty he took which led to a PP goal was stupid and it costed his team the game. It was stupid. He was stupid. God I can't get over how bad he was.

The Habs played patient defense and Halak was playing out of his mind. I hope they can repeat and beat the Pens. I also would like to see Boston beat the Flyers.

BTW, Mike Green is GARBAGE. That late 1st period penalty he took which led to a PP goal was stupid and it costed his team the game. It was stupid. He was stupid. God I can't get over how bad he was.

I can't get over the fact that Green is a candidate for the Norris trophy while Lidstrom gets voted the best shutdown defensemen while being third on his team in points.

You trying to say he's a closet forward?

This might sound stupid, but why don't they try that. Bring in someone to fill his spot on D (anything at this point would suffice) and get Green to play as a forward. He basically plays forward already, especially on the PP.

For those of you not familiar with Mike Valenti I leave this for your listening pleasure.

It's nearly 10mins but so worth the time. Better yet there is a pt2. and it only gets better.