• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

Im watching the Habs Caps game during the intermission they said Yzerman and 2 others are high on the list for the job, and the Wings have gave Tamps permission to speak with Stevie, they also went on to say say he might actually consider taking it with Holland getting a new extension.

PS they just played the new Datysuk history will be made commercial AWSOME.

#2 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

Im watching the Habs Caps game during the intermission they said Yzerman and 2 others are high on the list for the job, and the Wings have gave Tamps permission to speak with Stevie, they also went on to say say he might actually consider taking it with Holland getting a new extension.

PS they just played the new Datysuk history will be made commercial AWSOME.

Everyone forgets Nill, too. It all depends on how patient Yzerman wants to be. I had read somewhere that there was a favorite for Tampa, and it wasn't Yzerman.

#3 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

buried for misleading title. thankfully i already read the news site that said he was given permission to talk to them, not necessarily getting a job.

#4 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:15 PM

Honestly if I had to pick a team for Yzerman to go to Tampa Bay would be fine with me. I like Stamkos and Hedman etc.

Hopefully he stays though.

#5 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

Stevie should just take the job trade Stamkos to us then get fired and come back home.

Edited by king_malice, 28 April 2010 - 07:16 PM.

#6 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

He's definately in play for this job.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=319835

I hope he does not go, but with the Wings announcing a Kenny Holland contract extension soon, Stevie might not have the patience to wait it out.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#7 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

Everyone forgets Nill, too. It all depends on how patient Yzerman wants to be. I had read somewhere that there was a favorite for Tampa, and it wasn't Yzerman.

Dave Nonis?

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#8 Yzermania19

Yzermania19

Mr. General Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

I have heard Stevie say in interviews he doesn't want to uproot his family while his daughters are still in school, which means at least another 4-5 years. However, Stevie also said that all bets are off if the right offer came along. So if Tampa makes him an offer he can't refuse, who knows? He certainly seems to be ready to make the jump to GM, and it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon in Detroit, so yes, it may just depend on how long Stevie's willing to wait. He's got a sweet job here with a lot of freedom and maybe running the World Championships and Team Canada for the Olympics will be enough for now, but eventually he's going to want to run an NHL team. I'm a huge Yzerman fan and I would love for him to stay with the Wings and never go anywhere else, but I also want him to do what is best for his career. If that means leaving the Wings, then so be it. But Ilitch loves Stevie like a son and who knows how hard he will try to keep Stevie here.

In other words, only time will tell.
Posted Image
"Talk show...talk show...talk show...oooh! Curling!"

#9 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

I guess depending on the extension if its only like a 3 year he might wait it out anything more then that i cant see him staying.

#10 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

Dave Nonis?

http://www.thefourth.../tbl100420.html

#11 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Nill's been there done that in terms of being a GM. He seems to like his position with the Wings. I'm betting Nill gets a HUGE raise from the Wings. It's already speculated that Nill is paid more than the most GMs...

Also, I'm not sure why people are so concerned about Stevie leaving the organization at this stage... Yzerman is a hall of fame hockey player and will always be an iconic Red Wing. But that has zero bearing on his capacity to manage. Nill and Holland are hall of fame quality managers.

I'd love Stevie to stay in the Wings organization but I'd never sacrifice Nill or Holland to keep him here.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#12 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

I think it's just good for Yzerman to get some NHL GM experience under his belt before replacing Holland. Let him develop there and come back after few years.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#13 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

the only team i would want stevie to gm for (other than the wings)... :unsure: would be the sharks....

#14 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

I'd be cool with that. Good luck Stevie.

#15 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

I would like this, as after having grown up in Florida, TB is sorta my 'second team'.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#16 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

yzerman should just stay in the wings organization he's been in for over 25 years. he does not belong with any other team. ever!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#17 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

If Stevie wants to go GM Tampa Bay, all the best to him!
He will just have more experience when he takes over Kenny.
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#18 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

TSN is reporting the three on the short list for the job are Dave Nonis, Steve Yzerman and Doug Risebrough.

Link

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#19 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

Hope Yzerman stays and Nonis gets the job
Posted Image

#20 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

I can't think that would be a good career move for Stevie. Yeah, he may be the GM but all the politics around that place is going to doom any GM from the start. Aren't they still run by a board of people who don't care about hockey or know anything about assembling a team?

He needs to go somewhere that will give him some actual control over how the team is made up.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.