• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

king_malice

Yzerman Tampa's NEW GM ?!

Rate this topic

Im watching the Habs Caps game during the intermission they said Yzerman and 2 others are high on the list for the job, and the Wings have gave Tamps permission to speak with Stevie, they also went on to say say he might actually consider taking it with Holland getting a new extension.

PS they just played the new Datysuk history will be made commercial AWSOME.

Im watching the Habs Caps game during the intermission they said Yzerman and 2 others are high on the list for the job, and the Wings have gave Tamps permission to speak with Stevie, they also went on to say say he might actually consider taking it with Holland getting a new extension.

PS they just played the new Datysuk history will be made commercial AWSOME.

Everyone forgets Nill, too. It all depends on how patient Yzerman wants to be. I had read somewhere that there was a favorite for Tampa, and it wasn't Yzerman.

I have heard Stevie say in interviews he doesn't want to uproot his family while his daughters are still in school, which means at least another 4-5 years. However, Stevie also said that all bets are off if the right offer came along. So if Tampa makes him an offer he can't refuse, who knows? He certainly seems to be ready to make the jump to GM, and it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon in Detroit, so yes, it may just depend on how long Stevie's willing to wait. He's got a sweet job here with a lot of freedom and maybe running the World Championships and Team Canada for the Olympics will be enough for now, but eventually he's going to want to run an NHL team. I'm a huge Yzerman fan and I would love for him to stay with the Wings and never go anywhere else, but I also want him to do what is best for his career. If that means leaving the Wings, then so be it. But Ilitch loves Stevie like a son and who knows how hard he will try to keep Stevie here.

In other words, only time will tell.

Everyone forgets Nill, too. It all depends on how patient Yzerman wants to be. I had read somewhere that there was a favorite for Tampa, and it wasn't Yzerman.

Nill's been there done that in terms of being a GM. He seems to like his position with the Wings. I'm betting Nill gets a HUGE raise from the Wings. It's already speculated that Nill is paid more than the most GMs...

Also, I'm not sure why people are so concerned about Stevie leaving the organization at this stage... Yzerman is a hall of fame hockey player and will always be an iconic Red Wing. But that has zero bearing on his capacity to manage. Nill and Holland are hall of fame quality managers.

I'd love Stevie to stay in the Wings organization but I'd never sacrifice Nill or Holland to keep him here.

I can't think that would be a good career move for Stevie. Yeah, he may be the GM but all the politics around that place is going to doom any GM from the start. Aren't they still run by a board of people who don't care about hockey or know anything about assembling a team?

He needs to go somewhere that will give him some actual control over how the team is made up.

Hope Yzerman stays and Nonis gets the job

Why would you wish failure on Yzerman? I hope he gets the job. He deserves his chance to run a team and Tampa would be a great fit for everyone involved. I be very interested to see what he could do with Tampa. Plus it gives me another team to root for. :)