• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Octopus's Garden

Home Ice

Rate this topic

Yeah, the east is pretty weak. All the "top" teams, aside from the Pens, are out. Montreal, Boston, or Philly aren't exactly powerhouse teams either. I'm expecting the Pen's in 5, and the Bos/Phi series is going to be a tossup. I can definitely see that series going 7. Chicago and Vancouver will also be a great series, possibly 7 games.

However, much like in the NBA the team that makes it out of the East will be a lot fresher in the finals due to the cake walk (compared to the West) to get there. Not even going to mention the travel differences or scratch the surface of how terrible the Southeast Division is.

Wouldn't Pittsburgh get home ice if we were to play them? Or does it not go on seeding, just record?

Goes by the better record. We would have home ice.

Just noticed a wierd oddity this year...one of each seed advanced. 1, 2, 3, 5 in the West. 4, 6, 7, 8 in the East.

Edited by Buppy

However, much like in the NBA the team that makes it out of the East will be a lot fresher in the finals due to the cake walk (compared to the West) to get there. Not even going to mention the travel differences or scratch the surface of how terrible the Southeast Division is.

That's the worst part. They play in a s*** conference and we have to suffer for it.

Not that I don't believe the champs should have to overcome that obstacle, it just sticks in my craw.

Imagine if it was North and South instead of East and West (I know that it's not possible or practical at all so don't jump all over me). But then one conference can have the Leafs, Sens, Oilers, and Islanders. The other conference can have the Thrashers, Panthers, Canes, and Lightning. Then everyone would get to beat up on someone all season long.