• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:39 AM

hmm..could this be the turning point in the series... ;)

#22 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

hmm..could this be the turning point in the series... ;)

ask tsn and ray ferraro about the turning point. SJ airport is definately maguires monster of the series. and todd mcclellan is a special coach...special! craig mctavish has no valid point of his own to make. darren dreger replies with LOUD NOISES. :P

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#23 jachred

jachred

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

NHL playoffs cant make news, but on YAHOO, its front page
http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl,237605

"The Wings told the paper they weren't aware of the curfew or the potential fine. If they don't successfully fight it, Detroit owner Mike Ilitch will be left with two options: Paying the $2,500 fine or buying the city of San Jose and changing the law. Because we're pretty sure he can afford to do either, or both."

Good quote though

#24 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

$2500? That's 500 Hot-N-Ready pizzas. Those of you with Little Caesar's nearby better do your part!

Thankfully, there's no way that the $2500 fine (if we do in fact have to pay it) can be used towards next year's salary cap.

no... it's not 500 hot-n-ready pizzas. It's ALOT more. Try subtracting labor, food, etc. It's like 5000 pizzas, if not more (I doubt they even have a 50 cent profit).

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 29 April 2010 - 05:11 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#25 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

I'm kinda surprised the fine is so small. Quite hours can be a pain though. I had to overnight in Italy when I was coming back to Germany from Bosnia. "Missed" making it all the way to Germany by 40 minutes.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#26 teef

teef

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

take it from someone who lives about two miles south of the sj airport, this rule is very important to have. the planes rattle the pictures on the walls of my apartment when they start taking off in the morning. so hopefully they wont take the rule lightly, there are two other international airports within 40 minutes of the tank. i'm pretty sure the fine goes up exponentially for repeat offenders.
Your signature may contain:
  • Any number images
  • Images of any size
  • Any number of URLs
  • Any number of lines

#27 Real1

Real1

I Could Have Never Happened

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

What a joke.

"the more you dream, the farther you get"

Like random things? Follow me on Twitter.

#28 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

God, you guys are gullible.

1) There is no curfew at American Airports.

2) Even Charter Flights have to announce departure and arrival times, and keep everyone in route up to date on travel.

It's not like they just took off like ninja's and popped up all of a sudden.

If there is ANY truth to the story, then it's San Jose trying to take advantage of a team that can easily pay the fine and be on their way minutes later. But, there is no truth to this story.

http://www.mercurynews.com/

For gods sake. Did you look at some of the other articles on that site?

It's San Jose's personal enquirer. It's propaganda. When you can't beat a team.....just make up news about them. That, apparently, is SJ's philosophy.

Guess they need something, since they're getting another 2nd round out this year :)

#29 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

2) Even Charter Flights have to announce departure and arrival times, and keep everyone in route up to date on travel.

If there is ANY truth to the story, then it's San Jose trying to take advantage of a team that can easily pay the fine and be on their way minutes later. But, there is no truth to this story.

It's San Jose's personal enquirer. It's propaganda. When you can't beat a team.....just make up news about them. That, apparently, is SJ's philosophy.

Guess they need something, since they're getting another 2nd round out this year :)

I spent 10 years working on radar systems with the FAA and airports. I will have to disagree with you.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#30 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

Sorry to bump this topic, but I was lazy and didn't read responses, and since we're mulling about things (especially conspiracies)..

1. Uh, yes, there sure as f*** is a curfew at SJC.

Here's another article involving the Oracle CEO suing the city of San Jose, which is in charge of the international airport. "American Airports"? Did you think Obama was in charge of SJC? The city made up their own curfew law decades ago and obviously have the right to do so.

2. As someone who's both lived in, worked in, and in over two decades constantly been to San Jose, I can assure you they are very anal about laws, hence why they went nuts about installing traffic cameras a few years back, and there's no leniency at all for being even a half second too late on beating a red light.

3. The Mercury News is also their main newspaper, not propaganda, and like your airport statement, the enquirer thing likely pulled out of your ass due to your own lack of knowing anything about San Jose.

4. Are you related to mindfly?

5. Smack yourself upside the head -- please and thanks.

Edited by Shoreline, 05 May 2010 - 11:56 AM.