• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pavrik Zettersyuk

Ovi's postgame

Rate this topic

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=15&id=67962&navid=DL|NHL|home

His speechless postgame interview screams one thing to me. 'How could the Habs beat us?'

With that attitude, the question answers itself. I don't have anything else to say, I'm just curious if anyone else noticed it, and if they agree or disagree about the message being sent unintentionally by Ovi.

Edited by Pavrik Zettersyuk

wow...cocky dude though he was gonna win gold and the cup this year...canadians beat him both times!...sucks though...eastern conference is so weak now

Well, it's the same way he acted in the Olympics after he lost. You can tell he hates losing, but hey...he should have done something about it.

Ovi was Gretzky compared to Semin and Green. I mean seriously-- they did nothing (positive) tonight.

Seems like an appropriate reaction to me. He is obviously devastated.

I think any perceived arrogance comes from the language barrier.

Well I don't know about that. Whenever fans, especially Wings fans watch the passive-aggressiveness of C-Word, Mr. "He got my stick but didn't do anything out of the ordinary" after a loss we judge him as arrogant.

Well I don't know about that. Whenever fans, especially Wings fans watch the passive-aggressiveness of C-Word, Mr. "He got my stick but didn't do anything out of the ordinary" after a loss we judge him as arrogant.

Hmm I don't know. As a wings fan yes his comments annoyed me, but i never thought it was arrogance. Just dissapointment. I don't think he could have said anything to please us wings fans to be honest. I would only truly be happy with "Zetterberg owned me on that one, boy that guys some player eh?"

Hmm I don't know. As a wings fan yes his comments annoyed me, but i never thought it was arrogance. Just dissapointment. I don't think he could have said anything to please us wings fans to be honest. I would only truly be happy with "Zetterberg owned me on that one, boy that guys some player eh?"

He always does that though. If a reporter asks him how tough it was to beat so and so goaltender, he'll credit the defensemen for clearing the crease instead. If they ask him about the defensemen he'll credit the goaltender and the backchecking forwards. And such and such. Any run of the mill textbook answer would've been fine.

I feel bad for the guy when they win no matter what this team does everything falls on his shoulders its gotta be tough on him, this team needs some more help on D i've heard Volchenkov could test free agency and they might go after him, and also Semin,Ovechkin and Backstrom are all goals scorers you could see it first hand tonight they need a playmaker on this team to help out ovi and the other guys. A guy like Savard,Datsyuk,Thornton someone to set up.

I feel bad for the guy when they win no matter what this team does everything falls on his shoulders its gotta be tough on him, this team needs some more help on D i've heard Volchenkov could test free agency and they might go after him, and also Semin,Ovechkin and Backstrom are all goals scorers you could see it first hand tonight they need a playmaker on this team to help out ovi and the other guys. A guy like Savard,Datsyuk,Thornton someone to set up.

Filppula in a Caps jersey would be quite interesting to see for his biggest fans on here if he wasn't going to get consistent 2nd line center minutes as a Red Wing.

He always does that though. If a reporter asks him how tough it was to beat so and so goaltender, he'll credit the defensemen for clearing the crease instead. If they ask him about the defensemen he'll credit the goaltender and the backchecking forwards. And such and such. Any run of the mill textbook answer would've been fine.

I think we shall have to agree to disagree. I can see what you're saying, I just don't percieve him as an arrogant person but rather someone who hates losing more than anything in the world.

Ovechkin is clearly the same way but shows it differently.

Ovechkin is clearly the same way but shows it differently.

It shows differently or fans perceive it differently? Because I pretty much agree that handling losing will always look ugly. Because it is and it should.

It shows differently or fans perceive it differently? Because I pretty much agree that handling losing will always look ugly. Because it is and it should.

Both really. Ovechkin tends to shun the media or give poor interviews like this one after losses. As opposed to Crosby who always talks to the media. Fans will generally percieve Crosby negatively because of how much he's shoved down everyones throats by the NHL marketing (and I don't blame them), people seem like they are looking for Crosby to say something for them to get angry about, so every little line he says is looked at harshly.

Ovechkin on the other hand is percieved to be the much more likeable character so he usually gets away with saying nothing. Although that seems to be changing a bit after the olympics.

Ovi was Gretzky compared to Semin and Green. I mean seriously-- they did nothing (positive) tonight.

I don't think he was any less or more effective than Semin but Green was playing for the Habs tonight. That much was obvious. lol

Filppula in a Caps jersey would be quite interesting to see for his biggest fans on here if he wasn't going to get consistent 2nd line center minutes as a Red Wing.

i agree, and i agree with the post you quoted. there was a lot of talk about the caps' weak defense, but the habs (admittedly not an offensive juggernaut) only scored two goals in two of the last three games. the caps scored a total of three goals in those games -- not something you'd expect from a team with those kinds of goal scorers. i don't watch the caps enough to know, but you do have to wonder if the lack of a great playmaker has something to do with that. having a ton of good goal scorers is great, but when a goalie is red hot, you need someone to make that cross ice pass when the top-corners shots just aren't going in. you need someone to open it up a little bit.

i think i agree with this, too, in regards to the crosby-ovie debate. obviously, wings fans are going to be biased if for no other reason than we've played the penguins twice in a row in the finals and they beat us last year. because we're much more rivals with them, it's easy to see the capitals in a better light: the enemy of your enemy is your friend. i do think that there are graceful ways to lose, but it much easier to be graceful in your loss when you're the underdog -- tippet's comment about the wings just finding another level the 'yotes couldn't match comes to mind. but when you're supposed to dominate a team and they absolutely stun you, that seems to be the most brutal loss in all of sports. handling THAT kind of loss is always going to be ugly.

Ovie does have a set up man it's Backstrom that's why they grabbed that kid.

Here's why the Caps lost.

Alexandre Semin ---> Was non existent.

Capitals Defense ---> Terrible

Goaltender ----> :thumbdown:

Also I really feel like Caps actually got out coached by a better coach. Montreal was prepared game in and game out. In game 2 Montreal grabbed couple of bad bounces if not this series wouldn't even had went to 7 games.

Washington wasn't prepared and unluckily they stumbled across a hot goalie.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Well, it's the same way he acted in the Olympics after he lost. You can tell he hates losing, but hey...he should have done something about it.

You either did not watch the series or have unrealistically high expectations for somebody who clearly already was giving his all out there and was doing everything in his power to get his team to win. Also for the person who said Semin was almost on par with Ovechkin, I hate to break it to you but almost goals don't count the same. Ovechkin is a true playoff warrior and I would gladly take anyone with his desire on the Wing's any day of the week.

You either did not watch the series or have unrealistically high expectations for somebody who clearly already was giving his all out there and was doing everything in his power to get his team to win. Also for the person who said Semin was almost on par with Ovechkin, I hate to break it to you but almost goals don't count the same. Ovechkin is a true playoff warrior and I would gladly take anyone with his desire on the Wing's any day of the week.

Whilst I agree he has a massive desire to win, I think it clouds his judgement sometimes. Game 7 is a perfect example, you could see whenever he touched the puck how badly he wanted it, but he would always try and do to much. He seemed like he was trying to go solo alot of the time and that's just not gonna cut it in the playoffs.

Edited by crotty99

I wouldn't blame Ovie for coming off arrogant, upset, or whatever. He just finished a very successful season, lost a seven game series in the first round against a heavy underdog AND there are about thirty freaking microphones in his face asking him if this is the s***tiest point of his career. I wouldn't be enthralled either.

Truth be told, I don't think the Caps are built for the playoffs. They touted Ovechkin's captaincy as a representation of the attitude and excitement they want their club to bring to the game. I really don't think that whole spirit matches up well in high pressure, playoff situations. The Capitals right now are a highly offensive team with gunners on every line. They play to have fun, toss the puck around, and use raw talent to put the puck in the back of the net. That's not something you can harness, control, and kick up a notch when you're down a goal in a game-seven situation. It's not a system that you can "buy into," "prepare for" and "trust in" like Babcock always talks about. When it comes down to it, their "system" (or lack thereof), turns into a streak of sloppy runs at the net and a series of blocked shots. Montreal's game plan was obvious tonight: stifle whoever gets the puck because they probably aren't going to use their teammates--and it worked. I really think they are going to see some sort of coaching change, or at least they should, before they become successful.