• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pavrik Zettersyuk

Ovi's postgame

Rate this topic

HALAK!

3 frikin pages and no mention yet of Halak! Dude was a maniac, played out of his mind. He shut them down!

Since you guys bought it up, the difference between Crosby and Ovie really comes to light during playoff time and tournament time:

Ovetchkin's mindset is "be awesome, be The Man"; Crosby's mindset is "do the things that will make us win".

For the respective ages, Crosby is smarter and more mature, but Ovie will grow in that regard.

Since you guys bought it up, the difference between Crosby and Ovie really comes to light during playoff time and tournament time:

Ovetchkin's mindset is "be awesome, be The Man"; Crosby's mindset is "do the things that will make us win".

For the respective ages, Crosby is smarter and more mature, but Ovie will grow in that regard.

Don't forget Cindy's got a better coach, goaltender, and defense. Those things might help too.

esteef

When sports are your job, you need to show some professionalism. I'm sick of the, "I'm just a winner" arguments or "I hate losing" that some of these youngsters use an excuse. I felt the same way after LeBron ran off the court when the Cavs lost last year.

Of course you're upset, of course you're down - but you have to at least try to battle through it. I'm not saying I expect the guy to go on a long, eloquent monologue about what just happened; but you've got to offer something. You owe it to the media and fans that make your paychecks what they are.

When sports are your job, you need to show some professionalism. I'm sick of the, "I'm just a winner" arguments or "I hate losing" that some of these youngsters use an excuse. I felt the same way after LeBron ran off the court when the Cavs lost last year.

Of course you're upset, of course you're down - but you have to at least try to battle through it. I'm not saying I expect the guy to go on a long, eloquent monologue about what just happened; but you've got to offer something. You owe it to the media and fans that make your paychecks what they are.

You sound like you've been watching someone like Steve Yzerman or Nick Lidstrom captain a team or something.

Yeah, the great leaders are few and far between; Devallano and Illitch know how to pick em.

That being said, I didn't see anything wrong with his interview at all. HE could have said the usual bulls***, but he honestly didn't have any words at that time for what just happenned. My impression is that he'd rather be ripping the lockers off the walls and throwing s*** around than sitting there talking to reporters.

Edited by T.Low

Ovie does have a set up man it's Backstrom that's why they grabbed that kid.

Here's why the Caps lost.

Alexandre Semin ---> Was non existent.

Capitals Defense ---> Terrible

Goaltender ----> :thumbdown:

Also I really feel like Caps actually got out coached by a better coach. Montreal was prepared game in and game out. In game 2 Montreal grabbed couple of bad bounces if not this series wouldn't even had went to 7 games.

Washington wasn't prepared and unluckily they stumbled across a hot goalie.

Coaching was a big part of this loss. Boudreau didn't change the powerplay at all and they were like 1-30 in the series? They had their 50 goal scorer at the point and all the passes on the PP set up a Semin shot. How about you let your MVP take all those shots instead. Not the playoff choke. He yanks Theodore after one bad game, the same Theodore that finished the regular season 21-1-2. Finally, why didn't he change the lines?? If you're struggling to score, juggle the lines. At the beginning of the year, Ovie, Backstrom and Semin all played on the same line and were dominant. That line combo wasn't even attempted in this series.

Don't forget Cindy's got a better coach, goaltender, and defense. Those things might help too.

esteef

Yes. As much as people love to say "Crosby is better than Ovechkin" because of this loss, it IS a team sport. Like you said, Crosby has a number one overall pick goalie, two other forwards on the team were top 2 overall picks, and his defenseman actually play defense. Yet somehow, Crosby is better than Ovie because he lost his first round matchup and Cindy won his?

Yes. As much as people love to say "Crosby is better than Ovechkin" because of this loss, it IS a team sport. Like you said, Crosby has a number one overall pick goalie, two other forwards on the team were top 2 overall picks, and his defenseman actually play defense. Yet somehow, Crosby is better than Ovie because he lost his first round matchup and Cindy won his?

I look at like Ovechkin is the more talented player overall. If we're talking player stats in NHL 10, I'm guessing Ovie has a higher rating. I think Crosby is the better teammate, though. You can argue back and forth about the talent that surrounds them, but I don't think you can really argue the fact that Crosby plays the better all around game at this point - and makes his team better.

Ovechkin's problem is that he is the team and their game plan is simply - score goals. I feel like a Capitals game just sort of plays out like a shooting gallery. Shoot often and don't let up, something will go in.

Ovi was Gretzky compared to Semin and Green. I mean seriously-- they did nothing (positive) tonight.

Semin looked like Thorton out there. Plus, I think the refs jobbed the Caps a bit. Montreal got away with a ton of obstruction in that game.

Am I the only one that LOVES to see this out of Ovie? I mean, I know I'm a biased fan because I really like Alexander Ovechkin, but look at that emotion! He does NOT want to feel this way again, you can see it and hear it. Sometimes it takes getting stunned like this to make a good team great - I remember the 1995 and 1996 seasons in particular for us. Losing is crappy; winning is everything. It took losing to the Devils and the Avs to wake us up... it may just take the Pens and the Habs to wake them up. Mark my words - Ovie will have his cup ring in the next decade. Guaranteed.

Guest Four

Semin looked like Thorton out there. Plus, I think the refs jobbed the Caps a bit. Montreal got away with a ton of obstruction in that game.

6-4 for the final two minutes and the Caps couldnt get anything going.