• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:00 AM

Ovie does have a set up man it's Backstrom that's why they grabbed that kid.

Here's why the Caps lost.

Alexandre Semin ---> Was non existent.
Capitals Defense ---> Terrible
Goaltender ----> :thumbdown:

Also I really feel like Caps actually got out coached by a better coach. Montreal was prepared game in and game out. In game 2 Montreal grabbed couple of bad bounces if not this series wouldn't even had went to 7 games.

Washington wasn't prepared and unluckily they stumbled across a hot goalie.

#22 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:15 AM

Well, it's the same way he acted in the Olympics after he lost. You can tell he hates losing, but hey...he should have done something about it.

You either did not watch the series or have unrealistically high expectations for somebody who clearly already was giving his all out there and was doing everything in his power to get his team to win. Also for the person who said Semin was almost on par with Ovechkin, I hate to break it to you but almost goals don't count the same. Ovechkin is a true playoff warrior and I would gladly take anyone with his desire on the Wing's any day of the week.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#23 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:25 AM

You either did not watch the series or have unrealistically high expectations for somebody who clearly already was giving his all out there and was doing everything in his power to get his team to win. Also for the person who said Semin was almost on par with Ovechkin, I hate to break it to you but almost goals don't count the same. Ovechkin is a true playoff warrior and I would gladly take anyone with his desire on the Wing's any day of the week.

Whilst I agree he has a massive desire to win, I think it clouds his judgement sometimes. Game 7 is a perfect example, you could see whenever he touched the puck how badly he wanted it, but he would always try and do to much. He seemed like he was trying to go solo alot of the time and that's just not gonna cut it in the playoffs.

Edited by crotty99, 29 April 2010 - 03:26 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#24 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:30 AM

Backstrom is a alright playmaker right now and will get better in the years to come, but he is still more of a natural goal scorer then playmaker, just imagine the numbers Ovi could put up with a legit playmaker.

#25 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:54 AM

I wouldn't blame Ovie for coming off arrogant, upset, or whatever. He just finished a very successful season, lost a seven game series in the first round against a heavy underdog AND there are about thirty freaking microphones in his face asking him if this is the s***tiest point of his career. I wouldn't be enthralled either.

Truth be told, I don't think the Caps are built for the playoffs. They touted Ovechkin's captaincy as a representation of the attitude and excitement they want their club to bring to the game. I really don't think that whole spirit matches up well in high pressure, playoff situations. The Capitals right now are a highly offensive team with gunners on every line. They play to have fun, toss the puck around, and use raw talent to put the puck in the back of the net. That's not something you can harness, control, and kick up a notch when you're down a goal in a game-seven situation. It's not a system that you can "buy into," "prepare for" and "trust in" like Babcock always talks about. When it comes down to it, their "system" (or lack thereof), turns into a streak of sloppy runs at the net and a series of blocked shots. Montreal's game plan was obvious tonight: stifle whoever gets the puck because they probably aren't going to use their teammates--and it worked. I really think they are going to see some sort of coaching change, or at least they should, before they become successful.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#26 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:23 AM

video doesn't bother me at all. he was just on a team that won the president's trophy then lost in the first round

Posted Image

#27 hokike

hokike

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

ovetchin is not paid to gain symphaty in LGW forums. So, discussion from this point of view is aburdity.
Crosby’s frustration level seemed to reach a boiling point in the final seconds, leading to him cross-checking Zetterberg in the back in front of Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard(notes).

“I knew it was him without turning around,” Zetterberg said.

#28 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:07 AM

I wouldn't expect anything else, he obviously wants to win and that what he plays the game for. He played his part, hockey's a team game, and unfortunately for him he had a couple no shows playing along side him.

I would hate to be part of the media in that instance...

Backstrom is a alright playmaker right now and will get better in the years to come, but he is still more of a natural goal scorer then playmaker, just imagine the numbers Ovi could put up with a legit playmaker.

Backstrom is a legit playmaker. Hell he's easily a top 3 playmaker in my book. He's an unbelievable passer, not to mention 100 points by the age of 22? This guy is underrated as all hell.

Semin and Green were pitiful, outside shots, shying away from corner battles, giveaways, hardly backcheckin... You just can't win with two of your top players playing like that, scary thing is Washington almost did.

They have amazing talent, and it would be extremely scary if they could actually find a coach that's philosophy goes beyond "Get puck, shoot puck."

#29 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

ovetchin is not paid to gain symphaty in LGW forums. So, discussion from this point of view is aburdity.

the wings are not paid to gain support in LGW forums. So, discussion from any point concerning the wings by fans is aburdity [sic].

go wings.

#30 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

They have amazing talent, and it would be extremely scary if they could actually find a coach that's philosophy goes beyond "Get puck, shoot puck."

The real scary thing is that Bruce B said he thought the Caps played a "near perfect game" whilst the habs played a "perfect game".

He needs to wake up.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#31 hokike

hokike

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:29 AM

the wings are not paid to gain support in LGW forums. So, discussion from any point concerning the wings by fans is aburdity [sic].

My point was that some here do not have to take everything as wings-related eg. "I like ovetchin because of he is enemy of crosby and crosby is enemy of red wings" or "I guess /insert player's name from Red wings roster/ would have said something more politically correct"

Ovetchin said what he said and this has nothing to do with um...zetterberg or crosby.

Edited by hokike, 29 April 2010 - 07:30 AM.

Crosby’s frustration level seemed to reach a boiling point in the final seconds, leading to him cross-checking Zetterberg in the back in front of Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard(notes).

“I knew it was him without turning around,” Zetterberg said.

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

On TSN this morning, they replayed the interview with him saying that Halak was "shaking" and was "scared" during Game 3. That franchise is cursed.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#33 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:47 AM

The real scary thing is that Bruce B said he thought the Caps played a "near perfect game" whilst the habs played a "perfect game".

He needs to wake up.

Seriously? :lol: Boudreau is awful.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#34 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

Seriously? :lol: Boudreau is awful.

Yep it's the first thing he says in his post game presser haha. Exact words were "I thought we played a perfect game for the most part"

I guess technically he's right if "for the most part" means they had a great pre-game warm up or something..

Edited by crotty99, 29 April 2010 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#35 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:53 AM

Boudreau needs to be fired. There's no reason the Caps should have lost this series.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#36 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

Yep it's the first thing he says in his post game presser haha. Exact words were "I thought we played a perfect game for the most part"

I guess technically he's right if "for the most part" means they had a great pre-game warm up or something..

:lol:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#37 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

Agreed.

IMO the Caps need a coach who'll take control of the team; more Babcock, and less Boudreau.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#38 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:24 AM

Could you imagine Lidstrom acting like that after similar loss :lol:

Man players are different...

Edited by mindfly, 29 April 2010 - 09:24 AM.

#39 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:31 AM

My point was that some here do not have to take everything as wings-related eg. "I like ovetchin because of he is enemy of crosby and crosby is enemy of red wings" or "I guess /insert player's name from Red wings roster/ would have said something more politically correct"

Ovetchin said what he said and this has nothing to do with um...zetterberg or crosby.

i'm sort of having a hard time making out your point here, honestly. you're pissed because people like ovechkin because he's a rival to crosby? you're pissed because his post-game interview had nothing to do with the penguins or the red wings?

i'm honestly baffled. this thread was created to discuss ovie's post-game interview, not to compare him to crosby, not to compare him to zetterberg, not to compare the caps to the wings or to s*** on or even praise AO.

you say, "Ovetchin said what he said and this has nothing to do with um...zetterberg or crosby." i couldn't agree more, unless you want to debate the standard american-english transliteration of ovechkin's surname. this thread was not really created to contrast ovie with Z or crosby -- it was made to discuss the actual interview in question.

Could you imagine Lidstrom acting like that after similar loss :lol:

Man players are different...

no.

but lids is a player who has seen way, way more than ovie, and, though he has certainly been held on a pedestal, has not been a "face of the league" the way ovie has. lids has won cups; ovie hasn't. lids has been an instrumental part of cup-winning and first-round-losing teams his whole career -- ovie hasn't won a cup, and, in his youth, is not as acclimated to the ups and downs of NHL playoff hockey. so of course they're going to react differently.

go wings.

#40 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

but lids is a player who has seen way, way more than ovie, and, though he has certainly been held on a pedestal, has not been a "face of the league" the way ovie has. lids has won cups; ovie hasn't. lids has been an instrumental part of cup-winning and first-round-losing teams his whole career -- ovie hasn't won a cup, and, in his youth, is not as acclimated to the ups and downs of NHL playoff hockey. so of course they're going to react differently.

Backstrom didn't act like Ovie in his postgame. Ovie hasn't been the same since the Olympics, I don't think he handles losing that great.