riples187i.png

DET Kirk Maltby (shoulder surgery) out

SJ None

Next Game

SJ.gif

WCSF Game 2, Red Wings at Sharks ; 8:00 EST, HP Pavilion at San Jose

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Guest mindfly

Tough one this first game, i wouldn't be surprised if wings lose the first one and then get their s*** together and win a good game 2 with 2days of rest between game 1 and 2.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'm feeling the Wing's either coming out really fast and blowing the Sharks away in this game, or really flat yet somehow manage to hang around to lose in OT. Can't really see a normal game played by us following the phoenix game, either they are still living in it or have a ton of momentum.

With less than 48 hours passing since the last game, I think the Wings carry over that momentum and win this one. All we need to do is take 1 at HP. I think tonight is the night. I don't the Wings sweeping but I do see them winning in six. 4 down...12 to go. Let's Go Wings!!!

I don't care for the fact that the Wings only get one day of rest after a seven game series.

it all depends, my friend.

the wings have had a long time off in prior years and come out flat. maybe they'll continue the good play. kinda like a winning streak during the regular season perhaps? just go with the flow and keep playing.

I like our chances in this one, the Sharks just don't impress me that much when they play the Wings. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Wings in 5. Crazy, I know.

Game 1: Wings 3, Sharks 2

Game 2: Wings 2, Sharks 4

Game 3: Wings 1, Sharks 0 (OT)

Game 4: Wings 5, Sharks 4 (OT)

Game 5: Wings 4, Sharks 2

:cool:

Edited by Quadnational

Hey...I understand...trust us in the east we hate these late games, especially when some of us have to be to work by 6 am.

GO WINGS...JUST WIN!!!

At least they threw us a bone this time by starting the game at 6 PM Pacific. Crazy to think that if we get past San Jose we could end up facing three West Coast teams....I can't remember that ever happening.

Playoff Games

Overall

570G: 304W-265L-1T.

Home

294G: 177W-116L-1T.

Road

276G: 127W-149L.

In a best-of-seven series

492G: 263W-229L.

In a best-of-seven series, with no home-ice advantage

148G: 57W-91L.

In Conference format since 1994

Overall

226G: 139W-87L

Home

117G: 80W-37L

Road

109G: 59W-50L.

Playoff Series

This is the 113th Playoff Series. The Club’s record in the previous 113 series:

66W-47L.

This is the 90th best-of-seven playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 89 series:

52W-37L.

This is the 28th best-of-seven playoff series without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 27 series:

8W-19L.

This is the 42nd playoff series in the Conference format since 1994. The Club’s record in the previous 41 series:

30W-11L.

This is the 17th semifinal series in the Conference format since 1994. The Club’s record in the previous 16 series:

12W-4L.

This is the third semifinal series in the Conference format since 1994 without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 2 series:

0W-2L.

Game One

This is the 113th Game One in a playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 112 games:

62W-48L-1T.

This is the 90th Game One in a best-of-seven playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 89 games:

51W-38L.

This is the 28th Game One in a best-of-seven playoff series with no home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 27 games:

8W-19L.

This is the 42nd Game One in the Conference format (since 1994). The Club’s record in the previous 41 games:

28W-13L.

This is the 49th Game One in a semifinal playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 48 games:

26W-22L.

This is the 38th Game One in a best-of-seven semifinal playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 37 games:

21W-17.

This is the 12th Game One in a Conference Semifinal. The Club’s record in the previous 11 games:

7W-4L.

Historical Series vs. San Jose

This is the 4th playoff series vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in the previous 3 series:

2W-1L.

There have been 17 playoff games vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in those games:

11W-6L.

There have been 9 home playoff games vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in those games:

6W-3L.

There have been 8 road playoff games vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in those games:

5W-3L.

Historical Games vs. San Jose

This is the 4th Game One in a series. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

1W-2L.

This is the 3rd Game One in a Conference Semifinal vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

1W-1L.

On This Date

April 29th.

This is the 8th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:

5W-2L.

LGW.

I for one am glad the series is starting so soon. We want that Game 7 to be fresh in the minds of the players.

Really looking forward to seeing what shape this series takes.. should be more open than the Phoenix series, now that there are two teams who want to have the puck and be constructive.

I wonder if Babs will play Zetterberg against Pavelski? He is the main guy we need to shut down right now.. Datsyuk should be able to handle Thornton.

Sharks have very good 3rd and 4th lines though, so it will be a big test for Helm, Abdelkader & Co.

Howard vs. Nabokov is an interesting goalie matchup. Both have been inconsistant so far but are capable of some great performances. In the past, Wings have seemed to have Nabby's number. I hope that continues.

Getting the 1st win would be big. Let's go Wings!

I like our chances in this one, the Sharks just don't impress me that much when they play the Wings. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Wings in 5. Crazy, I know.

Game 1: Wings 3, Sharks 2

Game 2: Wings 2, Sharks 4

Game 3: Wings 1, Sharks 0 (OT)

Game 4: Wings 5, Sharks 4 (OT)

Game 5: Wings 4, Sharks 2

:cool:

The Sharks might not win at home. We are absoutley horrible at home in the playoffs.

Sharks barely won in game 2, we dominated game 5 because we tired out anderson.

Sharks are better on the road because the Sharks can't feel the pressure. When they Sharks have a bad period the fans will let them know it and will boo them off the ice.

Like I said before, it can go either way. But I think the series is going 6 or 7 games.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Playoff Games

Overall

570G: 304W-265L-1T.

Home

294G: 177W-116L-1T.

Road

276G: 127W-149L.

In a best-of-seven series

492G: 263W-229L.

In a best-of-seven series, with no home-ice advantage

148G: 57W-91L.

In Conference format since 1994

Overall

226G: 139W-87L

Home

117G: 80W-37L

Road

109G: 59W-50L.

Playoff Series

This is the 113th Playoff Series. The Club’s record in the previous 113 series:

66W-47L.

This is the 90th best-of-seven playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 89 series:

52W-37L.

This is the 28th best-of-seven playoff series without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 27 series:

8W-19L.

This is the 42nd playoff series in the Conference format since 1994. The Club’s record in the previous 41 series:

30W-11L.

This is the 17th semifinal series in the Conference format since 1994. The Club’s record in the previous 16 series:

12W-4L.

This is the third semifinal series in the Conference format since 1994 without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 2 series:

0W-2L.

Game One

This is the 113th Game One in a playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 112 games:

62W-48L-1T.

This is the 90th Game One in a best-of-seven playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 89 games:

51W-38L.

This is the 28th Game One in a best-of-seven playoff series with no home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 27 games:

8W-19L.

This is the 42nd Game One in the Conference format (since 1994). The Club’s record in the previous 41 games:

28W-13L.

This is the 49th Game One in a semifinal playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 48 games:

26W-22L.

This is the 38th Game One in a best-of-seven semifinal playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 37 games:

21W-17.

This is the 12th Game One in a Conference Semifinal. The Club’s record in the previous 11 games:

7W-4L.

Historical Series vs. San Jose

This is the 4th playoff series vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in the previous 3 series:

2W-1L.

There have been 17 playoff games vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in those games:

11W-6L.

There have been 9 home playoff games vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in those games:

6W-3L.

There have been 8 road playoff games vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in those games:

5W-3L.

Historical Games vs. San Jose

This is the 4th Game One in a series. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

1W-2L.

This is the 3rd Game One in a Conference Semifinal vs. San Jose. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

1W-1L.

On This Date

April 29th.

This is the 8th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:

5W-2L.

LGW.

where do you look up this stuff? lol

still its good to know some information ! (:

Hey...I understand...trust us in the east we hate these late games, especially when some of us have to be to work by 6 am.

GO WINGS...JUST WIN!!!

I gues i'll have to get off work early. At least I have a pretty flexible work schedule.

I definitely expect the Wings to take the 1-0 lead in the series tonight. We owned the Sharks all season. I know the playoffs are very different. But still, we know we can beat this sharks team. Can't wait for the game!

Red Wings 3 (Datsyuk, Franzen, Bertuzzi)

Sharks 2