• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sharks 4

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Not so hot special teams.

Wings give up 3 goals in 5.3 milliseconds of brain farting and then decide to wake up.

Bright side of this is lots of ticky tack s*** that probably won't happen again. Wings PK will be better. Wings PP will be better. Wings had the better of it for long portions of this. Sharks won but they had to scratch and claw and give everything to get it. It's going to be a long series.

The refs were piss poor, soft calls all around the whole game, really disgusting to watch. But this game was lost in 1:20 in the first. That was absolutely pathetic. Sharks had nothing but the countless powerplays for the rest of the game. I'm seething over this one, 3 goals in 80 seconds?? Honestly...

Edited by b.shanafan14

Sharks played a great game, the wings buried themselves early but a nice effort to make it close. Should be a good series regardless if the wings win or lose.

Edited by mmorland

Well, no make up calls, refs gave this game to Sharks with the PATHETIC dives by Japagapagoochi. A goal and 2 asst by a murderer who should be in jail, or dead. Lets see, get drunk, kill my buddy, make millions of dollars and play for the Holy Grail. Wings owned this game until refs fell for the two DIVES. Can the Wings EVER get a fair game called for them? f*** refs, f*** SHarks, f*** Heatly the murderer...

sharks didnt score on a one man advantage. they did but homer didnt even have time to get into the play.

wings continue to play 5 on 5 like they did tonight and score some PP goals theyll be fine. GO WINGS!

I know the officiating was a joke, but our special teams ultimately cost us the game.

You have to do a better job of overcoming adversity, and we didn't.

Back to the drawing board on special teams. No consistency from game to game.

Powerplay was bad.

The 5 on 3 wasn't terrible, but Howard let in a stinker through the five hole. After that 3-0 drubbing the Wings and Howard played much better.

Should be a good game on Sunday.

Sharks did nothing to impress me. Unlucky that the GWG was scored on a 5-3 but that's the way it goes.

If we can get our special teams going again, then this series is ours for sure.

Go Wings!

Overall, I thought it was a good game by Detroit.

Sharks really capitalized on a minute and twenty seconds of CRAP defense by the Wings. After the Wings settled down, they outscored the Sharks 3-1. Howard was excellent today, and the defense in front of him besides that time when they played crappy was good. The Power Play needs work too. Going 0 for 5 is not good.

I picked the Wings in 6 and I am sticking with it. Sunday is a new game.

This could have easily been a win for the Wings with slightly better special teams.

Sharks are beatable. But it will be a long series and could go either way. A lot is depending on whether Nabby continues to play this well and whether Howard can step up his game a bit (not blaming him for more than one goal tonight).

I honestly have never felt this good after a wings loss. We came back from a 3-0 deficit. We looked fine. All we need are out special teams to step it up, and if Howie stops that 5-hole, were going to OT right now. WE ARE FINE, and WILL WIN THIS SERIES

Am I the only who thinks the Coyotes presented a much tougher challenge?Today was the ideal situation for the Sharks and they barely hang on. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sharks don't win another game.

Only 5 on 5 we were.

Agree

Their power play? Good and capitalized on their chances.

Ours? Not good. 0 for 5 doesn't win any awards in my book. A single goal on the power play would have tied this game up and we couldn't even do that.

Not that concerned, came out slow but we battled back and carried the play.

Sunday is a very important game though, can't give San Jose 2-0 head start they are a good team, they just lose focus at times and it costs them.

This was more than a bad loss, IMO. We weren't just outplayed, we were overpowered. They had something like 12 or 13 SOG during the 3rd, we had 4. They just sat their fat asses in our zone and took shot after shot after shot.

Better not see that during Game 2.