• Please log in to reply
1001 replies to this topic

#341 SliderJeff

SliderJeff

LETS GO WINGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

Yuck. We're sucking the suck out of "suck" on faceoffs. The debacle of 3 goals in 2+ minutes, notwithstanding, the 5 on 5 play looked decent. Our Power(less) Play looks like it's back to it's early regular season form. Special teams will win this series... so far, not looking good.

That being said, it's only one period. This IS the San Jose Sharks, who aren't known to be a playoff machine, by any stretch of the imagination. If we come out with jump in the second and get a quick one in the first 5 minutes or so, I say we have a good chance of a win.

BTW, what the hell is with our D-men stumbling, fumbling and rumbling on the ice? Is the ice dreadful tonight?

LETS GO WINGS!

#342 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Not a great period. Wings are looking pretty tired out there, but that's to be expected against a sharks team who have been resting for so long.
Not out of this one yet. Need to get out PP going though.

Thornton is a ******.

Scheduling blah, blah,blah... Welcome to the world of a number 5 seed. Its all uphill
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#343 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Anyone see Datsyuk and Zetterberg on that 4-on-4? That was their best shift, IMO. Why not put them together for a few to try to get a quick goal and get us back into the game?

#344 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

lol how the f*** was howard supposed to stop any of those shots? defensive shouldnt have allowed any of those opportunities.

Yeah leaving VaJoena behind the net wide open isn't exactly a recipe for success.

The Wings have to match the intensity of the Sharks. They didn't weather the storm very well, but if they get a goal early on in the 2nd, things will get very interesting.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#345 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,639 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

Where's my boy Mindfly at?

:huh:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#346 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Abby is the best Wing tonight

Babs gotta keep rolling 4 lines. If they lose so be it. Its a war not a battle. Sharks will break down.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#347 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Work.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#348 SliderJeff

SliderJeff

LETS GO WINGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Can someone tell me how to get ******* off the INSIDE of my tv screen? With the circle jerk on Vs. for Crosby, it's a real mess in there. :)

#349 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Don't say his name, you might summon him.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#350 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

He's sleeping as he has an early shift at morgue tomorrow.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#351 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,639 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Work.

:blink:

People work in Sweden?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#352 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Can someone tell me how to get ******* off the INSIDE of my tv screen? With the circle jerk on Vs. for Crosby, it's a real mess in there. :)

Posted Image

If you touch it, you become one of them. get a new TV.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 29 April 2010 - 09:08 PM.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#353 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

:blink:

People work in Sweden?

No.

#354 SliderJeff

SliderJeff

LETS GO WINGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Posted Image

If you touch it, you become one of them. get a new TV.

LOL! Bye bye, TV. :)

Go Bucks! Go WINGS!

#355 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Any Lilja update? Versus stinks.

... Never mind, he's out there.

Edited by Octopus's Garden, 29 April 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#356 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

How do you get a job as a hockey commentator on Versus? You know nothing about hockey and like to talk about useless s***.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#357 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

Hope we have a good showing in the 2nd! Lets go Wings! Its far from over!
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#358 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

Lilja is back.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#359 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

Well apparently I'm being a terrible host, time to leave my room and entertain my guests. Isn't a kegger suppose to be self-sufficient? LGWs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#360 BAFGA

BAFGA

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

How do you get a job as a hockey commentator on Versus? You know nothing about hockey and like to talk about useless s***.

Keith Jones is ultra worthless. Engblom isn't much better.