Wings 4 (Dats, Z, Franz, Lids)
Sharks 1 (who cares)

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#43 anfronee129

anfronee129

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

its gonna be a hell of a tough series! but i have huuuge faith in our boys! LETS GO WINGS!!! just win, thats all i want. but heres my guess....

Wings in 5

Game 1- Wings 3 Sharks 1
Game 2- Wings 5 Sharks 4 OT
Game 3- Sharks 3 Wings 2
Game 4- Wings 5 Sharks 3
Game 5- Sharks 1 Wings 2 OT

:siren:

Our father who art in the Joe. Hockey be thy name. Thy will be done. The cup will be won. On ice, as well as in the stands. Give us this day our hockey sticks. And forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who cross-check against us, Lead us not into elimination. But deliver us to victory. In the name of the fans, ......Lord Stanley, and in the name of the Wings. Amen...

#44 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

It's great to still have the Dingers to look forward to after a long week and some longer weeks in the future. Big Game 1 tonight, let's do it boys.

LET'S GO WINGS!!! HOWIEEE!!!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#45 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

So the Wings are 2-0 at the HP during the regular season. I say we keep the streak going:

Wings 4: Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Holmstrom, Lidstrom
Sharks 2: Joe Pa, Clowe
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#46 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

I'm pist that the Wings aren't on TV. f***. We don't get VS.
Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian

#47 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Stay awake for this one jimmy! :P

Let's Go Red Wings!

#48 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

It'll be nice playing a team that isn't nearly as fast as Phoenix. That seems to be something that always gives the wings trouble. This series will be more physical. I would like Kronwall to introduce himself to Marleau or Heatley early and Abdelkader better be all over their D all game long to set the tone for the series.

Cleary might step up playing another Newfy in Clowe. Hopefully he wants to remain the only Newfy to win the cup and plays like it

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#49 sphere10

sphere10

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

Sharks fan here. Nice to be back, haven't been on here since 2007.

Sharks will have to play their best playoff series in 5 years to get past you guys. All regular season long the Red Wings showed they could dominate puck possession against the Sharks pretty much whenever they felt like it. Sharks will get chances but will need to execute - lack of execution is what made our series vs Colorado go 6 games instead of the 4-5 it should have taken.

The Sharks fate truly lies with the "top line" that has famously been a no-show so far in the playoffs. Each player on this line needs to work harder to score: Marleau needs to use his speed and drive the puck to the net, Thornton needs to stop trying to slow the play down and move the puck faster, and Heatley just needs to finish. Just as important as the top line scoring is the continued production of the Pavelski-Clowe-Setoguchi line. The Red Wings are going to find the back of the net and I think the Sharks are gonna have to win at least one high-scoring 5-4 or 6-5 game in order to advance. To do that, we are gonna need goals from multiple lines.

Red Wings match up against the Sharks better than any other team in the conference. There will be no intimidation factor - Red Wings are the league's elite and know what playoff hockey is like in San Jose so the crowd noise shouldn't surprise them. If the Red Wings take the series it should only take 6 games, if the Sharks take it I think we will have to go the whole 7.

Good luck, should be a hard fought series!

#50 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

This series would be either super epic or super short. The Wings would be either really tired or the last game actually geared up all the players. The Wings should freaking rage tonight.

I have absolutely nothing to base it on, historically, psychically or otherwise, but I think the Wings will be up for this game. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#51 azshark

azshark

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

Wings win 14 - 2. Dan Boyle scores all 16 goals.

Let's f***in' rage!

Best pre-game SNOG yet!

I agree let's f***in' rage...

Go gups!

#52 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

It'll be nice playing a team that isn't nearly as fast as Phoenix. That seems to be something that always gives the wings trouble. This series will be more physical. I would like Kronwall to introduce himself to Marleau or Heatley early and Abdelkader better be all over their D all game long to set the tone for the series.

Cleary might step up playing another Newfy in Clowe. Hopefully he wants to remain the only Newfy to win the cup and plays like it

Yeupp. As long as our guys don't play "down" to their level on any level. That also gives the Wings trouble sometimes. :ph34r:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#53 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

I'm pist that the Wings aren't on TV. f***. We don't get VS.

Atdhe.net or Justin.tv
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#54 WingNutt

WingNutt

-DATS the way to Play-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

posted in GDT before last game, figured I need to follow the same routine for good luck, Lets go Wings, lets remind the Sharks who we are one more time.

60 minutes of solid Red Wing hockey

www.datsyuk13.com ^thanks Offsides^
[press] "When you have the puck, how many people do you see?"
Without smiling, Datsyuk answered, "18,000"

#55 teef

teef

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

hey wings fans! shark fan from over at LGS here, thought i'd drop by to see what the opposition was thinking.

here's to a competitive series with the sharks prevailing in the end. you guys have had enough glory lately, time to share.

GO SHARKS!!!
Your signature may contain:
  • Any number images
  • Images of any size
  • Any number of URLs
  • Any number of lines

#56 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

hey wings fans! shark fan from over at LGS here, thought i'd drop by to see what the opposition was thinking.

here's to a competitive series with the sharks prevailing in the end. you guys have had enough glory lately, time to share.

GO SHARKS!!!

LOL. Love your sig. hahaha.
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#57 teef

teef

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

LOL. Love your sig. hahaha.

can't take the credit for that one. stole it from a friend who got it over on fear the fin
Your signature may contain:
  • Any number images
  • Images of any size
  • Any number of URLs
  • Any number of lines

#58 jenova0

jenova0

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

Let's Go Wings!!!! :)
"You either get it, or you don't" - Dr. Phil

#59 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

Let's not rage. We'll take the win playing sophisticated gentleman hockey. Our powerplay is our enforcer.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#60 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

Atdhe.net or Justin.tv

I usually use Justin.tv, but the internet here at school is horrible. I can usually watch about 5 seconds before it freezes for a few minutes...
Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian