1001 replies to this topic

#581 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

cleary is tough as it comes.

need a huge kill, if we kill it i think well win it. if not then well rebound in game 2. i think weve been the better team after the break down in the first

#582 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

COME ON PEOPLE. The calls have been a bit soft but the officiating has been ok.

Why did Franzen go to the box and not Setoguchi? Because Franzen stuck his stick behind Sets skate and tripped him. I guess it's not a penalty if you're falling on your azz b/c you got tripped. I'm okay with that.

You have to have control of your stick in all situations, unless it is a follow through on the shot. That is a 4 minute penalty, black and white. Second time this has been missed against the Wings.

And yes, they should call freaking diving on Sets when Flip hit him but you know what, Flip did hit him up high.

Officiating has been fine both ways. My only wish for the refs is that they would let more of this stuff go. But they're calling a lot of stuff.

I SURE DON'T SEE ANYBODY COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAPER'S 360 DEGREE SPIN0RAMA AFTER HE BARELY GOT TOUCHED BY BOYLE. tsk, tsk

He sold it well, that's for sure.

Posted Image

#583 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Haven't had a chance to read any posts since the game started. However, in spite of the fact that this may be THE WORST REFFED GAME IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY , I still think the Wings have a chance to win it. They are playing hard in spite of the fact that they are being pounded, taken down, half-nelsoned, tripped up, dived on (Setoguchi???!!! What the f*** did the ref see??!!).

I am so proud of them - that they're withstanding all the s*** that's being thrown their way (WITHOUT CALLS).

That's it for now, but it ain't over. And this series sure as HELL ain't over even though it's just gotten started.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#584 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Are you blind or deliberately trying to mislead people? Franzen stuck his stick right in behind Sets right skate, which is why he fell down. My suggestion to you, buy a DVR player so you can watch it again. mkay

Tripped or not, you always have to have control of your stick. 4 for high sticking missed.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#585 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:55 PM

Well, he did trip the guy. Of course, it was after he got his face split open, but hey, who's keeping track.

sure he trips, but that f*ck should get 4 mins for high stick, shouldn't he?

#586 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

So lame a 4 minute double minor turns around and we have a 2 minute penalty on us.

#587 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Of course right when we get back into it, the refs get their canes out and put on their sunglasses.

Posted Image

#588 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

As a hockey analyser on TV aren't you allowed to breathe between sentences?

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#589 PotbellyJoe

PotbellyJoe

Research Ninja

• Pip
  • 78 posts

I have co-workers that don't watch hockey because they say that can't figure out what is a penalty and what isn't. I'm beginning to understand their confusion.

#590 bigsby408

bigsby408

Draftee

• 6 posts

Sharks are diving all over the place,f****** pussys. Love to come back and steal it in the 3rd.

and who's winning again? yeah shut up.

#591 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

I'm done watching the game for the night. The officiating tonight has taken the enjoymentout of the game for me. Wings will win, but the refs' incompetence aren't helping anything.

Night all, hope the game goes well for the rest of the night.f****** NHL and their tolerance of substandard officiating.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#592 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

I'm actually impressed with the way the wings are playing. They had a defensive lapse there in the 1st which cost them the goals but San Jose hasn't had much since. I'm actually optimistic for this series, even if we lose today. If the wings keep that kind of pressure, we are bound to tie this game up.

Hopefully we can come out of this 5 on 3 PK but I am having my doubts. The sharks PP looks great.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#593 bigsby408

bigsby408

Draftee

• 6 posts

Haven't had a chance to read any posts since the game started. However, in spite of the fact that this may be THE WORST REFFED GAME IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY , I still think the Wings have a chance to win it. They are playing hard in spite of the fact that they are being pounded, taken down, half-nelsoned, tripped up, dived on (Setoguchi???!!! What the f*** did the ref see??!!).

I am so proud of them - that they're withstanding all the s*** that's being thrown their way (WITHOUT CALLS).

That's it for now, but it ain't over. And this series sure as HELL ain't over even though it's just gotten started.

at least your not biased..oh wait.

#594 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Good first post troll. When was your last cup? Yea shut up.

#595 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Watching the Sharks dive all over the ice explains why they're a bunch of chokers and can't win in the playoffs! And we're the team with the Europeans. The Sharks are more suited to play soccer.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#596 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

COME ON PEOPLE. The calls have been a bit soft but the officiating has been ok.

Why did Franzen go to the box and not Setoguchi? Because Franzen stuck his stick behind Sets skate and tripped him. I guess it's not a penalty if you're falling on your azz b/c you got tripped. I'm okay with that.

And yes, they should call freaking diving on Sets when Flip hit him but you know what, Flip did hit him up high.

Officiating has been fine both ways. My only wish for the refs is that they would let more of this stuff go. But they're calling a lot of stuff.

I SURE DON'T SEE ANYBODY COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAPER'S 360 DEGREE SPIN0RAMA AFTER HE BARELY GOT TOUCHED BY BOYLE. tsk, tsk

Very good point. However... The officiating IMO, has been inconsistent and HORRIBLE on both sides. I dont think even the refs know what is, and what isnt a penalty at this point.
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#597 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

Yea, 3-2 with a period left. That's a lock. If you're a Sharks fan, I'm surprised you could type this without falling down.

#598 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

at least your not biased..oh wait.

And you're not? Are you thatf****** dumb?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#599 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

You have to have control of your stick in all situations, unless it is a follow through on the shot. That is a 4 minute penalty, black and white. Second time this has been missed against the Wings.

He sold it well, that's for sure.

I know Doc. It's unfortunate. I once got tripped from behind chasing a guy down and as I was falling I had one hand on my stick and basically clubbed the guy over the top of the head. Of course I got called for it even though I was on my side basically when I made contact. I guess it was just blatantly obvious. I can see how they missed the stick to the face. But the blood should've given it away. My guess is they didn't see it so they can't call it 30 seconds later just b/c he's bleeding.

Both teams are diving around and flopping around. Z tried to draw a call a few minutes earlier along the boards as he felt like he got hit up high and threw his head back like JFK. He's trying to get a call. They're all trying to get a call.

My only beef with the refs is that alot of this is ticky tacky. It's round 2 of the playoffs. Let em fight through it.
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#600 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

I'm done watching the game for the night. The officiating tonight has taken the enjoymentout of the game for me. Wings will win, but the refs' incompetence aren't helping anything.

Night all, hope the game goes well for the rest of the night.f****** NHL and their tolerance of substandard officiating.

You may want to stick around and see the make up calls.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons