Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

Cup Count

Carolina Hurricanes 1
San Jose Sharks 0

:P

Edited by aflac9262, 29 April 2010 - 09:59 PM.

#602 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

COME ON PEOPLE. The calls have been a bit soft but the officiating has been ok.

Why did Franzen go to the box and not Setoguchi? Because Franzen stuck his stick behind Sets skate and tripped him. I guess it's not a penalty if you're falling on your azz b/c you got tripped.
I'm okay with that.

And yes, they should call freaking diving on Sets when Flip hit him but you know what, Flip did hit him up high.

Officiating has been fine both ways. My only wish for the refs is that they would let more of this stuff go. But they're calling a lot of stuff.

I SURE DON'T SEE ANYBODY COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAPER'S 360 DEGREE SPIN0RAMA AFTER HE BARELY GOT TOUCHED BY BOYLE. tsk, tsk

Huh? What replay are you watching because all I saw on my DVR 10 times was a guy falling on his ass.

#603 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Let's Go Wings! My only worry is dealing with Shark goonery... we still have May right? :)

How prophetic. :ranting: :ph34r:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#604 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,725 posts

So anyone think we'll come back here?

It's been three years since we had a 3rd period playoff comeback, so I doubt it.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#605 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

And you're not? Are you thatf****** dumb?

Probably. Do you hear the fans at the game? I think they're stuck on "Boooooo"

#606 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

I have co-workers that don't watch hockey because they say that can't figure out what is a penalty and what isn't. I'm beginning to understand their confusion.

The only people watching this team are the fans of the teams playing. Nobody watches the NHL, and this is a big reason. Nobody knows what is going on with the penalties. You'll have Mc Creary come in and let a lot go, then 2 other younger refs come in and call any and everything. IT's dumb.

I wish in this game that they wouldn't have called anything earlier in the game like they were calling, stupid slashes and ticky tack interferences...just play the damn game. I want to see flow and up and down hockey. I don't want a whistle every minute.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#607 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

Cup Count

Carolina Hurricanes 1
San Jose Sharks 0

:P

Don't forget Tampa.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#608 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

Probably. Do you hear the fans at the game? I think they're stuck on "Boooooo"

Well they've been boooing their own team for years, they don't know anything else.

Don't forget Tampa.

and Anaheim
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#609 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Today I watched an episode of Mythbusters where they get a blind man to drive while Jamie directs him. I think that blind man should be recruited as an NHL official.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#610 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

I'm sure Nashville wins a Cup before the Sharks do.

#611 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

You may want to stick around and see the make up calls.

Which adds to the problem of NHL officiating. There should not be "make up calls" a penalty should be a penalty no matter what. Rules in sports should be black and white for the most part.
I honestly dont think 90% of the players and 75% of the refs in the nhl even know what a penalty is.
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#612 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

and who's winning again? yeah shut up.

Dude don't come tour forum and post crap that just aint true. Ya, Sharks winning, but the a diving all over the place, look at the crap just before the Bertuzzi penalty. You are welcome here if you plan to bring some good things, not troll crap....

We're winning, so shut up, poopy face! You didn't accidentally leave your webcam on last year after you lost to the Ducks did you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jakiqCPKyFU

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#613 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

at least your not biased..oh wait.

To steal a line from that puke Patrick Roy............"We can't hear you. We've got a s***-ton of stanley cup rings plugging our ears"

ok, so I add libbed a bit.

My guess is you'll be banned pretty soon. Been nice knowing ya schmuck. And by the way, I love the chomp, chomp motion the fans do. My little kids do that. It's cute when little kids do it. When the collective shark tank does it, it looks like San Jose rounded up 17,000 retards (oh sorry, mentally challenged) to do it. toodaloo
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#614 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *changing channel*

Not a moment too soon. Buhbye. :ph34r:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#615 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

So like the Phoenix game... were going to get the next 4 calls right... Since they have the 5 on 3 now....???? Correct...? Im pretty sure thats how the NHL works....

#616 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,652 posts

I am honestly still in utter shock over the officiating in the second.....I mean, WOW.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#617 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

Nevermind.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 29 April 2010 - 10:05 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#618 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

It's been three years since we had a 3rd period playoff comeback, so I doubt it.

I have hope honestly.

The Versus announcers just put out that Detroit is something like 0-94 when they have a 3 goal deficit all time in the playoffs.

I wonder if the Wings can either break it or get one closer to 100 :P
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#619 bigsby408

bigsby408

Draftee

• 6 posts

Good first post troll. When was your last cup? Yea shut up.

it was the refs fault for the previous seasons....you guys love that excuse, so ill use it too.

#620 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

if we kill the 5 on 3 then yea i think we can come back.