• Please log in to reply
1001 replies to this topic

#881 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

It's crazy to think the wings are now 0-95 when going down 3 goals in the playoffs. That's gotta change one day right?

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#882 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

I didn't think the Sharks played a great game so much as a great first period that made the Wings scramble afterward. And scramble they did, admirably I thought. Special teams for the Wings weren't that hot, but had it not been for that initial burst by the Sharks the game could very easily have gone the other way.

#883 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Yeah, it's hard to get too upset about this one. Once I found out the Wings were playing on Thursday, I had pretty low expectations and they actually exceeded them.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#884 TX Wing

TX Wing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

congrats to the sharks it was a great game to watch. they just better watch their back come sunday... :D

#885 jdwheelz

jdwheelz

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:55 PM

Post game interview:

"You guys were 0-10 on the powerplay during the regular season, what changed in tonights game?"

Let me see..........Oh, the 5 on 3 and a 4 on 3. That'll do it.

Rediculous

#886 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Fear not fellow wing nuts!

Besides a minute-twenty defensive lapse, wings were and are the superior team.

I'm still going for Wings in 6

#887 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

The double-minor non-calls seems to be a reoccurrence in game 1's.

#888 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

I'm not really sure how to feel. I'm happy with the finish obviously after that horrid first, but I can't forget for too long that the Sharks didn't have Marleau tonight either...if he comes back he'll add some punch to their offense even if he doesn't increase production as he'll just be another guy wearing us down. But if he picks it up after the first round, ugh...Sunday is must win...
-Elliot...does not panic.

#889 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

Penalty on Franzen (BS) = GWG for Sharks. I never knew that when you got your face sliced open with a stick, that you should be penalized. That used to be a 4-min double minor.

This is why you play a best of 7 series.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#890 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

I honestly have never felt this good after a wings loss.

that's what I'm thinking... I mean yeah we did lose because of some HORRENDOUS giveaways, but that's it. Throughout the rest of the game I thought we played pretty good.

not worried. game 1. you're goin down sharks

#891 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Pretty good game actually for the Wings. I thought they carried the play for a lot of the game. Outside of that 3 minute stretch, they exceeded my expectations.

They'll be alright.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#892 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

we split the away game and wings will have a good shot.

marleau was out if that matters to anyone

#893 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

It's crazy to think the wings are now 0-95 when going down 3 goals in the playoffs. That's gotta change one day right?

Only when we acquire Crosby.

Although we came close last year against the Hawks in that game where Kronwall was kicked out and we scored 3 quick goals.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#894 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Meh... Three fluky goals. A 5 on 3 goal. And the Sharks were still hanging by a thread. Wings looked great aside from that Twilight Zone moment.

#895 wingsfan_54

wingsfan_54

Rookie

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

Minus the 1st period we outplayed them. We won't win though if we don't fix our ST. Our PK was shaky and our PP sucked. We need to capitalize. Sure the refs blew the call on the high stick, but still we can't go down 3-0 to a good team like the Sharks. I'm pissed but not worried yet. I think we'll get the win on Sunday. Remember we did lose Game 1 last series to and we're still alive. Howard I think should have had the PP goal I believe by Pavelski on the side of the net 5-hole. GO WINGS GO!!!

#896 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

Mindly must be waking up right about now.

:lol:

Somewhere in Sweden.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 29 April 2010 - 10:59 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#897 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Just like last series, the special teams are probably going to make or break it. These teams are pretty even 5-on-5 ... slight edge to Detroit if Cleary, Franzen, Abdelkader play like tonight, but it's close. You can't give up 2 and get shutout on the PP and win.

#898 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Pretty good game actually for the Wings. I thought they carried the play for a lot of the game. Outside of that 3 minute stretch, they exceeded my expectations.

They'll be alright.

Exactly, Sharks had a good start (Wings had a bad start, whatever way you wanna call it) but after that it was controlled by the wings. Only problems lie with special teams and I'm confident they will be fixed.

I still say wings in 5 :ph34r:

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#899 Zenith

Zenith

Legend

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

First, I think blaming referee is somewhat classless but ref gave few favor calls toward the Sharks. Maybe because I am a Wings fan and could be biased but Franzen and Filppula penalties were hard to understand.

Second, the Wings played decent tonight consider the amount of energy lost in game 7 against the Yotes. The one thing the Wings need to do is capitalizing some pp. Ref surely was sucked in a word but if we could capitalize some pp chances, we could take this game.

Last, the most important thing; the Wings need to manage the Sharks' big bodies and speed. Seems the Wings played better than the Sharks after falling behind 3-0, it was obvious that our skill players could not take their big players. We may need some line changes, not wholly but giving many different shifts.

I still have faith and hopefully we do better on Sunday

The ZENITH of real hockey, The Detroit Red Wings

#900 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

When is this league going to start cracking down on diving? Is it not a rule anymore or something looking at the rule book it is. The league is supposed to review those plays and fine them if they thought it was a dive.

64.1 Diving / Embellishment Any player or goalkeeper who blatantly dives, embellishes a fall or a reaction, or who feigns an injury shall be penalized with a minor penalty under this rule.

A goalkeeper who deliberately initiates contact with an attacking player other than to establish position in the crease, or who otherwise acts to create the appearance of other than incidental contact with an attacking player, is subject to the assessment of a minor penalty for diving / embellishment.